ModernMusic.de

CLEVELAND -- With yet another four-game sweep, the Indians matched a feat last accomplished by the 1961 New York Yankees. Now, t

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 02.07.2018 08:01

CLEVELAND -- With yet another four-game sweep, the Indians matched a feat last accomplished by the 1961 New York Yankees. Now, theyd like to repeat something else those Bronx Bombers did in October. Michael Brantley and Michael Bourn had two RBIs apiece as Cleveland, clinging tightly to one of the ALs two wild-card spots with a week left, became the first team in 52 years to post six sweeps of a four-game series in a season with a 9-2 win Sunday over the Houston Astros. According to STATS, the Indians are the first team since the 61 Yankees, a team featuring Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris, to sweep six four-games series. The Yankees went on to win the World Series that season. "Weve got a week to go and were in a fun spot," Indians manager Terry Francona said. "We have to keep winning." Brantley hit a two-out RBI single in the fourth inning off Erik Bedard (4-12) and Bourn tripled in a four-run sixth as the Indians moved 1 1-2 games ahead of Texas in the ALs wild-card scramble. The Rangers lost 4-0 at Kansas City on a walk-off grand slam in the 10th inning. Carlos Santana homered for the Indians, just a half-game behind Tampa Bay for first place in the wild-card standings. With six games to go, Cleveland controls its own destiny. As long as they win, the Indians have no worries. And with upcoming games against the Chicago White Sox and Minnesota Twins -- the two bottom teams in the AL Central -- things couldnt be lined up any better. In a season of twists and turns, theres suddenly a straight path to the post-season. "It has been one of those crazy years, a roller-coaster," said first baseman Nick Swisher. "Weve had some great winning streaks and some great losing streaks. Weve had everything, but I think thats just a testament to us pulling together and staying tight." Corey Kluber (10-5) dodged trouble throughout 5 1-3 innings and the Indians improved to 50-18 against teams with losing records. Cleveland may not have an abundance of All-Stars or household names, but rather a collection of players pulling together. And in Octobers chilly and electrified air, thats the kind of team that can win it all. "When were clicking on all cylinders, were hard to deal with," Bourn said. "We just keep fighting. We have a lot of ways to beat you. We can win with our pitching and we can win with our offence, too. We always know that and we always try to have each others backs." Chris Carter homered for the Astros, who lost their ninth straight and fell to 51-105 overall. In its inaugural AL campaign, Houston is two losses from matching the club record set last season. "Well fight to the very end," first-year Astros manager Bo Porter said. "The number of losses, whether its consecutive losses, thats not going to prevent this group or us as a staff from coming in here every day and putting up our best fight." Leading 3-2, the Indians broke it open in the sixth, highlighted by Bourns standup triple off reliever Philip Humber. Bedard, who has lost nine of his last 10 decisions, gave up a leadoff single and hit a batter before Brantley chased the left-hander with an RBI single to make 4-2. After Aviles sacrificed, Bourn brought in two more runs with his shot into the right-field corner. Swisher followed with a sacrifice fly to make it 7-2, giving the Indians their first comfortable cushion in four days against a Houston team that fought hard but made far too many mistakes. Poor attendance has been an issue all year for the Indians, but a crowd of 26,168 -- their largest for any Sunday home game this season -- turned out to push them toward October. "The atmosphere at the ballpark the last couple nights has been great," Francona said. "It should be. This is a fun team to watch." With just one week left, every game is vital for the Indians, who havent made the post-season since 2007. They needed to sweep the Astros and did so, but it wasnt easy. At this point in the season, nothing is. Cleveland would seem to have the easiest path to the playoffs among the current wild-card leaders. The Indians have two home games against Chicago, a team theyve beaten 15 of 17 times, and end the season with four at Minnesota. Texas will host Houston three times and end with a four-game set at home against the Los Angeles Angels. Tampa Bay will finish a wraparound series Monday with Baltimore and then go on the road for three games at Yankee Stadium and three in Toronto. NOTES: Indians RHP Justin Masterson, out since Sept. 2 with a strained oblique muscle, threw a simulated game after the series finale. The team is being cautious with Masterson, but theres a chance he could pitch in relief later this week or start in the post-season if the Indians qualify. ... Plate umpire CB Bucknor took a foul tip off his right shoulder in the eighth, but stayed in the game. ... The Indians are 16 games over .500 for the first time since 07, when they made it to the ALCS and lost to Franconas Red Sox. ... The Astros have scored just 14 runs during their nine-game slide. Saints Jerseys . -- Byron Scott is taking over the Los Angeles Lakers with the vocal support of his fellow Showtime greats. Custom Saints Jerseys .Y. -- Dwane Casey admitted hed been concerned about his young Raptors team who had zero experience playing in close-out games -- what awaited them with the vastly-experienced Brooklyn Nets, and how theyd react.OTTAWA -- With a clean short program, capped off by an exuberant jump at the end, Kaetlyn Osmond put the past four frustrating months behind her. The 18-year-old from Marystown, N.L., is halfway to clinching her spot on Canadas figure skating team for the Sochi Olympics, winning the womens singles short program at the Canadian championships Friday. Osmond was sidelined for a good chunk of the last four months, with first an ankle injury and then a torn hamstring, and admitted to wondering at times if shed make it back in time for Sochi. "I have this little jump at the end of my program and I think I put more energy into that little half jump than I did into my entire program because I was so excited," Osmond said, laughing. "And when I went to do my curtsy, I couldnt help but be relieved." Osmond landed a triple flip-triple toe loop combination, then a triple Lutz to score 70.3 points for her 60s-inspired performance to "Big Spender" and "Rich Mans Frug." Amelie Lacoste of Delson, Que., scored 61.27 to leave her second heading into Saturdays free program. Gabrielle Daleman, a 15-year-old from Newmarket, Ont., is third with 58.38. Canada has two berths in womens singles for the Sochi Olympics. The Olympic figure skating team will be announced Sunday. Osmond, who was eighth in her world championship debut last year, suffered a stress reaction in August, and then tore her hamstring during the short program at Skate Canada in Octtober, forcing her to withdraw before the free skate.dddddddddddd Her treatment included a cortisone shot and platelet-rich plasma treatment -- the injection of platelet-rich blood into an injury (three-time world champion Patrick Chan had PRP for a calf injury prior to the Vancouver Olympics). She was off the ice for more than two weeks, and it was several weeks before she was back to doing jumps and spins. "When I got back on the ice I could barely do my crosscuts still, so I had to work so many edges and so many stroking exercises before I could even think about jumping," Osmond said. "It was really hard during those times to even think that Nationals was coming up, time was going so fast, and I was still not even on the ice." Osmond has only one full competition under her belt this season -- Skate Canada Challenge, a qualifying for nationals last month in Regina that she won. "The only thing thats missing is the competition experience and the momentum, and this is going to help her so much," said her Edmonton-based coach Ravi Walia. Osmond has come to look at the last few frustrating months as a blessing in disguise. "I learned so much from it," she said. "It actually helped my training because it hurt to fall (after the hamstring injury), so I had to learn perfect technique. It hurt when I did the wrong technique because my leg would swing out to the side too much. So in a way its a good thing." Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Stitched Jerseys ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

GREENBURGH, N. [url=http://www.authenticramsfansclub.com/Black-Friday-John-Franklin-Mye rs-Jersey/]John Franklin-Myers Jersey[/ur
Tickets for Leicester’s final home game against Everton are being advertised for more than £15,000 a pair on ticket resale websi

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz