ModernMusic.de

Canadas Kevin Koe had to settle

#1 von zxlbxj1 , 27.06.2018 10:34

BEIJING -- Canadas Kevin Koe had to settle for fourth place at the world mens curling championship after falling 7-5 to Switzerland in Sundays bronze-medal match. Koes Calgary rink came into the 10th end down by three, but couldnt muster the comeback, scoring just a single point in the final end against the Swiss team. Switzerland stole single points in the first two ends, and padded their lead with deuces in the sixth and ninth ends en route to the victory. "We definitely didnt want to lose that game," said lead Nolan Thiessen. "But after yesterday, it was tough to get fired up. But no excuses. They played better than us." Canada had two chances on Saturday to reach Sundays gold-medal game, but fell short to Norways Thomas Ulsrud in the 1-2 Page playoff game, and then to Swedens Oskar Eriksson in the semifinal. Ulsrud led from start to finish in defeating Sweden 8-3 to claim the gold medal later Sunday. "I thought we played well in the one-two game and the semi," sad Koe. "We were very close. But in games like that where the other teams are playing well, you have to make the last shot of the end sometimes and we let our chances slip away." Despite failing to medal at the world championships, Canadian coach Rick Lang says theres no reason to push any panic buttons, considering Canada has finished in the top six at every international curling event this season. "Twenty-four hours ago, we were within a shot or two of being in the final here," said Lang. "And then we have a bad 24 hours and that chat starts. But we had a great team here. They didnt play like themselves the last couple days, but they were worthy Brier champions. "We sent a great team here. They just didnt have a good day, and that can happen to anybody. The level of competition here is strong and getting stronger. We just have to answer the bell, thats all." Koe said he was proud of the way the team performed in Beijing. "Thats the way weve always done things," he said. "Some people might not like our style or our game, but we fight. Its not always the prettiest, but we get things done. "Im proud of the guys. We had a great run. World championship, two Brier titles, a Brier final -- obviously this was very disappointing, but its been a great team." Federico Fazio Jersey . Floundering in the English Premier League, United has delivered better performances in Europe this season and stunned Bayern by taking the lead against the run of play through Nemanja Vidics header in the 58th minute. Bayern had dominated possession but struggled to create a clear-cut chance before Schweinsteiger arrowed a half-volley high into the net in the 67th to give the German side a slight advantage ahead of the second leg in Munich next week. Argentina Jerseys . Its Wu-Tang and Outkast in the final. Now, we all know youve played the role of Andre 3000 in the past, does that mean Outkast is getting your vote?AJ: You know it, you know it. http://www.argentinasoccerauthority.com/...gentina-jersey/. You can watch all the action on TSN and TSN GO beginning at 8:30pm et/5:30pm pt. Minnesota dropped the first two tests of this best-of-seven set at Chicagos United Center and was outscored by a combined 9-3 margin in those setbacks. However, the Wild righted themselves at home by taking Game 3 by a 4-0 count before knotting the series at two games apiece with Fridays 4-2 triumph at Xcel Energy Center. Lionel Messi Argentina Jersey .The Canadian teenage golf sensation announced Thursday shell join the LPGA Tour in 2015 instead of attending the University of Florida. Nahuel Guzman Jersey . Geovany Soto had an RBI for the Cubs. Carlos Silva gave up one run on three hits over six innings to pick up the win. Josh Willingham drove in the lone run for the Nationals, who had just four hits.LONDON -- Eugenie Bouchards historic run at Wimbledon is over, but she thinks shes just getting started. Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic beat Bouchard 6-3, 6-0 on Saturday in the womens final to claim her second Wimbledon title, ending an impressive run by the 20-year-old Canadian at the All England Club. No Canadian had ever reached a Grand Slam singles final in the Open era before Bouchard. "It was a big moment walking out on to centre court for a final. I have that experience now, I know what it feels like," said Bouchard. "I hope I can walk out to many more finals. Thats the goal. "Im going to go back, work on my game, try to get better. You always need to get better." Bouchard, from Westmount, Que., is currently ranked 13th in the world, seven positions below Kvitova. She will rise to seventh when the WTA standings are updated after Wimbledon. She beat Germanys Angelique Kerber 6-3, 6-4 in the quarter-final before topping Romanias Simona Halep 7-6 (5), 6-2 in the semis. The success at Wimbledon comes after a breakthrough season last year. Bouchard reached the semifinals at the Australian Open and French Open earlier this season. "I think its a tough road to try and become as good as I want to be, no matter what," said Bouchard. "Im not going to win every single time. I think this was a good experience for me -- my first Slam final -- so Im going to learn a lot from this match and hopefully use it to get much better." Bouchard was overwhelmed by Kvitova, who added a second to her first from 2011. Watching from the Royal Box was Britains Princess Eugenie, the royal for whom the Canadian was named. "Tough loss today at Wimbledon, but youre an inspiration (at)geniebouchard & Canada couldnt be more proud of you," said Prime Minister Stephen Harper in a tweet. Kvitova, her right thigh heavily wrapped as it was through the two-week tournament, quickly took charge of the match. She handcuffed Bouchards attacking game with a strong offence of her own, putting the Canadian under pressure on every service game with break point. "I have to give full credit to my opponent, she played unbelievable," said Bouchard. "I know I wont win every match but I want to be as good as I can be. This was a good experience and something I will learn from. I can hopefully use it to get better." Bouchard was broken in the third and seventh games to fall to a 5-2 deficit. She showed her own form by breaking back for 3-5 affter Kvitova netted after chasing Bouchards cross-court shot.dddddddddddd. Despite Bouchards resistance, Kvitova wrapped up the first set in less than 30 minutes on a third set point. Kvitova picked up where she left off to start the second set with a break of Bouchard for 2-0. With the experienced Czech keeping up a lethally rapid pace, there was little time for Bouchard to react. Bouchard missed on a return at her feet to trail 4-0 as Kvitova took a stranglehold on the match. The Czech dished out a love game for 5-0 and finished off the title performance on her first match point with a deeply angled backhand cross-court winner after 55 minutes on court. It has been a strong tournament for other Canadians as well. Vancouvers Vasek Pospisil and American Jack Sock beat Bob and Mike Bryan of the United States in a thrilling 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-4, 3-6, 7-5 victory to win the mens doubles final Saturday. Milos Raonic of Thornhill, Ont., made it to the mens singles semifinal before losing to seven-time champion Roger Federer of Switzerland in straight sets. The last Canadian to reach a mens final four at a major was Robert Powell at Wimbledon in 1908, according to Tennis Canada. Montreal native Greg Rusedski reached the U.S. Open final in 1997 but he was representing Great Britain at that time. Defending mixed doubles champions Daniel Nestor of Toronto and French partner Kristina Mladenovic will play a semifinal match against Max Mirnyi of Belarus and Hao-Ching Chan of Taiwan. Bouchard has done well at the All England Club in the past. She won the Wimbledon girls title in 2012, becoming the first Canadian to win a junior Grand Slam in singles. "I love coming back to Wimbledon, so thank you, guys," said Bouchard at centre court immediately after the match to a loud round of applause from the fans in attendance Saturday. Last year at Wimbledon, Bouchard won her second-round match against former world No. 1 Ana Ivanovic in straight sets before she was eliminated in the third round by Carla Suarez Navarro. Kvitova defeated Bouchard in straight sets in their lone previous meeting last year at the Rogers Cup in Toronto. Bouchard said she will return to Montreal to decompress after the Wimbledon final. "Ill take some time off -- much deserved, Ive been playing a lot of tennis at a high level recently," said Bouchard. "Ill take time for the mind and body and then hit the practice court again and get excited for the second half of the season." Discount Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online Jerseys NFL China Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping China Jerseys Cheap ' ' '

zxlbxj1  
zxlbxj1

- Gerald Green was in a generous moon
n Friday that the club has added vetera

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz