ModernMusic.de

as Kessels team-leading 11th goal of the season. Toronto kept New York off the board until there were 11 seconds left in the sec

#1 von zhanjiao1212 , 07.08.2018 03:17

HOUSTON -- Moments after Colombia wrapped up its victory over Uruguay in the World Cup, a trio of Colombian drivers headed to the rain-soaked podium at the Grand Prix of Houston. Samuel Umtiti Jersey . One by one, Carlos Huertas, Juan Pablo Montoya and Carlos Munoz unfurled their yellow, blue and red flags in a celebratory Saturday for their country. It was the first all-Colombian podium in IndyCar history. Huertas, a 23-year-old rookie, used strategy to grab his first career victory. He was followed by Montoya, in his highest finish in this years return to IndyCar, and then Munoz, who was moved to third-place when Graham Rahal wrecked Tony Kanaan on an aborted final restart. It put Montoya, a former champion who also raced in Formula One and NASCAR, on the far right of the podium next to a pair of young drivers who grew up idolizing him. "Look, its just like beating any other driver," Huertas said. "You guys, the fans, they know what he has done. They keep reminding us. It just shows the level of the series, if I do a good job, I can beat guys like that. My objective is to beat all the drivers and I treat them all the same." Stoic and unemotional, Huertas insisted he was thrilled with the victory and the footnote he and his countrymen had on the big day for Colombia. But Montoya and Munoz were adamant the day was historic. "I think today is the first day in motor racing in the world that three Colombians are on the podium, its unbelievable and its exciting and, in my opinion, theyve got a good shot in World Cup as well," Montoya said. Munoz preferred to be sticking in Houston for Sundays second race of the doubleheader weekend. "We are really lucky to be here in America and not in Colombia, because right now Colombia should be really crazy to go out in the streets," Munoz said. "Everybody celebrating. This is a big deal. This is terrific for Colombia, first time 1-2-3 on a podium in a motorsports race, and first time we go to quarterfinals. We showed what Colombians are made of, and showed the bad image people have of Colombia, its not about one thing." It was an unpredictable and wet race through the temporary street course at Reliant Park. Originally scheduled for 90 laps, IndyCar decided right before the start to go to a timed race at 1 hour, 50 minutes because the conditions would take too long to go the scheduled distance. Dale Coyne Racing used strategy to get Justin Wilson and Huertas to the front, but Wilson eventually had to pit for fuel, and Huertas assumed the lead with just over seven minutes to go. Then Ryan Briscoe turned Sebastian Saavedra, the fourth Colombian in the field, to bring out a caution with five minutes to go. IndyCar believed it had enough time after the cleanup to run one final lap and Huertas lined up with Montoya, Tony Kanaan, Graham Rahal and Munoz behind him, But as they inched toward the green flag, Rahal anxiously turned Kanaan and the start was waved off. Rahal was assessed a 30-second penalty for the contact with Kanaan, and it gave Munoz the final spot on the podium. Montoya, an idol to all young Colombian drivers, went to victory circle to congratulate Huertas. "Hes a good kid and he did a good job today," said Montoya, who then scolded Huertas to zip up his firesuit. "I do tease him a lot. He had the suit all open and I told him, Youve got to look good. " Kanaan was livid after the accident and wouldnt even look at Rahal when Rahal came to apologize after the race. "I cant do what I really want to do," Kanaan said. "What a shame. To be taken out, I think its stupid. He was having a good day, too, and it ruined his day, too. I wanted to believe he didnt do it on person, and of course he came to apologize." Rahal took full blame. "With the stack-up on the restart, I was trying to keep the tires as dry as I could, and I was to the left and when I stacked up, I just didnt see him at all," Rahal said. "I just got into the back of him." It ended a strong run for Rahal, who stalled on the standing start but had rallied through the field and used a strong late drive to move into fourth before the last caution. Had the race gone green one last time, Rahal thought he had the winning car. Corentin Tolisso France Jersey . Speaking with TSN 1050 following Brendan Shanahans introductory press conference, the Leafs GM also addressed the clubs perceived leadership issues and the type of working relationship that can be expected within Torontos front office. Ousmane Dembele Jersey . - Aroldis Chapman, with two black eyes, has returned to the Cincinnati Reds clubhouse four days after being hit in the face by a line drive. http://www.nationalfrancesoccer.com/benjamin-mendy-france-jersey/ . Ferrer will play Mikhail Youzhny on Sunday after he defeated Dmitry Tursunov 6-2, 6-4 in an all-Russian semifinal. "Youzhny is a good player," Ferrer said.TORONTO -- David Clarkson was one of several Toronto Maple Leafs who unburdened themselves on Tuesday. Clarkson finally scored his first goal as a Maple Leaf as Toronto beat the New York Islanders 5-2 for its second win in a row. The 29-year-old signed with the Maple Leafs as an unrestricted free agent in the off-season and was unable to score in his first 11 games with the team. "The biggest thing is that we won the game tonight," said Clarkson. "Ive tried to preach that the whole time. The chances were there, but Im here to win. "It does feel good, I guess, to get some people off my back a little bit," he joked. Phil Kessel also broke out of a mini slump, scoring a pair of goals. They were Kessels first goals in five games. He had just one point in his past seven. "Hes a highly talented player and doesnt need many chances to score goals," said linemate James van Riemsdyk. "Two sweet chances and in the back of the net. "Sometimes it comes in streaks -- its a long year. Hes got 12 goals in 21 games. Thats pretty good." Meanwhile, Trevor Smith had his first multipoint effort of his NHL career, scoring the first goal of the game for the Maple Leafs just 22 seconds in and adding a pair of assists for a three-point night. He has five points in three games since being recalled from the Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League and six points in 12 games overall this season. "Im just trying to fill some spots for now," Smith said. "Its always tough when you have injuries, but injuries happen. Its part of the game. "You just got to come in, try to do the best you can, play confidently and work with what you got. The guys have been really great welcoming me and making it easy for me to play my game." And Joffrey Lupul had three assists to bust out of his rrecent slide. Hugo Lloris Jersey. After starting the season with 10 points in his first nine games, he had just two points in his next nine before his trio of helpers Tuesday. Mason Raymond also scored for the Maple Leafs (13-7-1) and Jonathan Bernier made 36 saves for the win. Casey Cizikas and Frans Nielsen replied for New York (8-11-3). Kevin Poulin stopped 19 shots in the loss. After Smith opened the scoring, the game remained 1-0 until midway through the second period. With Cal Clutterbuck off for tripping, Kessel took a pass from Lupul, curled inside the Islanders blue-line and snapped a shot from inside the right circle past Poulins blocker hand. It was Kessels team-leading 11th goal of the season. Toronto kept New York off the board until there were 11 seconds left in the second period. Cizikas got a breakaway behind the defence, deked to his left and slid the puck through Berniers legs to cut the Leafs lead to 2-1. Toronto regained its two-goal lead 3:39 into the third period. A mix-up at the New York blue-line by the Islanders defence gave the Leafs short a 2-on-0 break. Nikolai Kulemin was stopped by Poulin, but Raymond was able to backhand the rebound in for his eighth goal of the season. Clarkson put the game away at 12:52, snapping a shot top corner by Poulins glove hand. "That was a helluva shot," Van Riemsdyk said. "Hes been contributing for us in a lot of different ways out there and its nice to see him get rewarded with a goal. Im sure hes pretty happy about that, too." Nielsen cut the lead to 4-2 at 15:14, but Kessel snapped home his second of the game -- 12th of the season -- less than two minu

zhanjiao1212  
zhanjiao1212

Jeff Sluman and Fred Funk teamed to win the Champions Tours Legends of Golf on Sunday
run a better race at Newbury on Saturday, but as youll see in a moment, I wont be cheerin

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz