ModernMusic.de

Eagles players celebrate the return of Carson Wentz

#1 von chenyan94 , 31.12.2019 06:52

It’s been a long time since the Eagles’ franchise quarterback Carson Wentz went down with a knee injury. (Granted Womens Chance Warmack Jersey , he didn’t stay down for long and threw for a touchdown before heading to the locker room, but I digress...) But now, HE’S BACK!Wentz has finally been cleared for contact, which means he’ll be out on the field with his Philadelphia brothers in this Sunday’s Week 3 contest against the Colts. Doug Pederson stepped up to the podium on Monday with the biggest smile to deliver the news, and Wentz and his teammates continued their celebration online.Let’s enjoy this for a little bit before we talk about whether or not he has enough receivers, or if the offensive line can do a better job at keeping him upright...And it wasn’t just current Eagles celebrating the return of THE Carson Wentz Nick Foles Jersey , but several team alumni chimed in as well.Wentz was sure to take a moment and thank Nick Foles for filling in, and for being a great guy to learn from while having to sit on the sideline. Classy move from a classy dude. Recently retired NFL defensive end Chris Long recently created a stir by acknowledging to Dan Patrick that () Long smoked marijuana during his playing career.Long hopes that his candor regarding marijuana use will help remove the lingering stigma regarding a substance that gradually is gaining legitimacy in a growing majority of American states.“The lead was not that I smoked marijuana,” Long tells ESPN.com. “The lead was that I talked about trying to destigmatize it. And hopefully the NFL will hear some of their players talk — former or current, if you have the balls — to say, ‘Something needs to change.'”Current players need to tread lightly when it comes to acknowledging marijuana use, because even without a positive test a public or private admission of marijuana use land a player in the drug-testing program. But there’s nothing wrong with players standing up and saying that there should be no impediment to doing what people in most states can do for medicinal reasons and in more and more states for recreational purposes.“I think Roger [Goodell] is a guy who’s trying to get out in front of things and hopefully this is no exception http://www.eagleslockerroom.com/authentic-deandre-carter-jersey ,” Long said. “We’re dealing with a generational stigma, so you’re used to your fans being old-guard people who bought into that stigma. I know some people struggle with it because marijuana, all the stereotypes are, ‘Lazy, deviant people only smoke marijuana.’ Well, if NFL players who are active in their community Womens Nigel Bradham Jersey , are hard-working, they go absolutely nuts on Sunday and they play the game with violence and energy for three hours, that kind of challenges your stereotype. And it challenges the stereotype of football.”The league’s current prohibition comes with a largely toothless once-per-year testing protocol that allows players to easily navigate the ban, if they can stop smoking long enough before the test to pass it.“I think at the end of the day, I would hope that they would consider lifting that kind of arbitrary ban,” Long said. “You’ve got one test a year; if you get tested more than that it’s because you failed the test.”The league has resisted removing the ban because it constitutes a chip for collective bargaining. By delegating to question to medical professionals Brandon Brooks Jersey , perhaps the league is willing to not secure a concession before relinquishing the current rule.Long believes marijuana use should be permitted regardless of medical necessity.“Some guys want to get high,” Long said. “And what’s worse? Downing a six-pack of beer or smoking a joint?”Long is right. And here’s hoping he keeps talking and writing about it. And that he inspires others connected to the sport to do the same. If enough voices join the chorus, it will make change inevitable — and it will make it easier for that stigma to evaporate.

chenyan94  
chenyan94

amis et moi sommes retournés
Bastelanleitungen im Internet stammen e

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz