ModernMusic.de

The New York Jets open quarterback competition might already be case closed.

#1 von jinshuiqian0713 , 27.07.2018 04:13

JK Scott Jersey .J. -- The New York Jets open quarterback competition might already be case closed. At least, thats what Michael Vick thinks. As far as hes concerned, its very clearly Geno Smiths job to lose. "Im wishing the best for Geno," Vick said Thursday during the teams first open media session this off-season. "Im going to help him each and every day. Im going to help him get better. My thing is, when its my time to go out there and play, Ive got to be ready when my numbers called. And nothing can come in between that." Vick, who signed with New York in March, acknowledged this situation is different from last off-season with Philadelphia when he headed into workouts competing with Nick Foles for the starting job. "We knew, both of us coming in, that it was open competition, and the best guy was going to win the job," he said. "Whoever performed well throughout OTAs and preseason, thats just what it was. It was pretty much cut and dried. This situation ... its kind of unique. "But even though its not an open competition, were both competing every day and we both have to perform well each and every day." Coach Rex Ryan and general manager John Idzik have said that Vicks presence is expected to help Smith with his development from his shaky rookie season. Idzik preaches competition at every position, although Ryan has said Smith will be tough to beat out. "Its not been made public that its an open competition," Vick said. "Chip Kelly made it known that it was an open competition (in Philadelphia). But were still not going to change our approach. This is the NFL. Youve got to perform. Youve got to be at your best each and every day." Vick still believes he can be a starter in the NFL, and was playing well in Kellys up-tempo offence before a hamstring injury sidelined him. Foles took over and started the rest of the season. Vick was forced into a mentors role, and he drew praise from Kelly and the Eagles for how he handled the situation. He could find himself in the same situation this season. "Its still tough right now, Ill admit," Vick said. "I wont lie. Because deep down, you always want to be a starter. You always feel like youre starting. Thats just the competitive nature in me. And hopefully, that opportunity will come again one day and Ive just got to keep working for it." Despite all that, both Vick and Smith will be closely watched from now through training camp. If the two perform at about the same level, Vick is fairly certain of the outcome. "Yeah, I would assume Geno would be the starter," he said. "Genos making great strides." Smith isnt taking anything for granted, even if Vick already sees him as No. 1. The second-year quarterback knows hes got a long way to go after a season in which he threw 12 touchdown passes and was intercepted 21 times. He finished with a flourish, though, helping the Jets win three of their last four games and going without a turnover in the final two. "Mentally, I wont change," Smith said. "Ill compete as if Im the last guy on the depth chart trying to make this team. I think thats what makes me better and thats the way I work, and Ive always done that. The biggest difference is my familiarity with the offence, knowing my protections, not trying to come in and learn everything on the go. "Having 16 games under my belt is really going to pay off for me." Smith entered last spring in a competition with Mark Sanchez, but was thrust into the starting job when Sanchez was lost to a season-ending shoulder injury in the preseason. It was on-the-job training for Smith, who flashed at times but often looked very much like an inexperienced rookie. He enters this years competition as the incumbent, which often means that player starts with the lead -- something Smith refuses to consider. "I dont put my mind in that position," he said. "I try to work as if Im the underdog. Whether Im named the starter or not, thats the way that I work. Like I said, thats something that helps me, having that constant edge, having that chip on my shoulder, just working extremely hard every single day to get better." Oren Burks Packers Jersey . Keenum will make his first appearance in a regular-season game against the rugged defence of the undefeated Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium, where the fans just set a Guinness record as the noisiest outdoor stadium in the world. Oren Burks Jersey . Cammalleri scored two goals, Corban Knight netted the winner in a shootout, and the Flames erased a two-goal deficit in the third period to beat the Stars 4-3 on Friday night. http://www.officialpackersteamgears.com/jaire-alexander-jersey/ . Solomon Elimimian did not make the trip with the team after suffering what appeared to be a right leg injury in the teams regular season finale against the Calgary Stampeders.SURREY, B.C. -- B.C. Lions general manager Wally Buono says hes not finished looking for possible roster revisions following the acquisition of veteran quarterback Buck Pierce. "Are we gonna stop (trying) to improve ourselves? No," Buono said Monday. "We are looking at bringing in other players." Traditionally, CFL clubs look at final NFL cuts at this time of year to mainly build for future seasons. But while rendering a blunt assessment of his club, Buono indicated the Lions could bring in talent for the current campaign. "There are going to be players available that can help you to better yourself," he said. "Whether you better youself in one or two positions, the whole idea is to better yourself." The Lions acquired Pierce, who spent his first five CFL seasons with B.C., from Winnipeg on Sunday for non-import receiver Akeem Foster. Buono and coach Mike Benevides stressed that Pierce, whose history with concussions led to his release from B.C. in 2010, was acquired strictly for depth purposes. But Buono hopes that, through his experience and leadership, Pierce will help the Lions stop their inconsistent play. "There should be an urgency," said Buono. "Theres eight games left in the season, and weve been on a very rhythmic kind of procedure -- one good game, one so-so game, one good game, one so-so game. Thats not the way we envisioned (the season). Whether this is sending a message or not, I guess the message I want to send is: We need help, and Buck can help us." The Lions, 6-4 following a loss to Hamilton in Guelph, Ont., over the weekend, are in danger of having to play away from B.C. Place Stadium in the playoffs. "Hamilton came here (the previous week), didnt win, they went home and they had an attitude," said Buono. "We came back after a Montreal loss with an attitude. You cant pick and choose when youre

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713
Evergreen

Sean Monahan is sticking around.
Around baseball, they are known at the "Core Four", but in New York

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz