ModernMusic.de

VANCOUVER - Geroy Simon was serenaded by B. [url=https://www.kingslockerroom.com/Harrison-Barnes-City-Edition-Jersey /]Harrison

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 24.10.2019 05:15

VANCOUVER - Geroy Simon was serenaded by B. Harrison Barnes Jersey .C. Lions fans as the club retired his No. 81 jersey Friday night. Simon, the CFLs all-time leading receiver who played 12 of his 15 seasons with B.C., was added to the teams Ring of Honour at B.C. Place Stadium during a half-time ceremony as the Lions hosted the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. He retired in the spring after helping the Saskatchewan Roughriders win the 2013 Grey Cup in his lone season playing for them. Wearing his former Lions jersey, Simon thanked Lions owner David Braley, club management and all of his B.C. teammates, particularly his quarterbacks, for providing "support and energy" along with championships. Simon also praised the fans, who gave him a loud ovation as he delivered an emotional speech. "You welcomed me with open arms and gave me 12 amazing years," he said. "I love you guys." Simon wiped away a tear after his son Gervon, a quarterback with the U.S. Military Academy team in Westpoint, N.Y., delivered a message in a recorded video shown on the Jumbotron. Simon now works for the Riders as a regional scout and ambassador while maintaining his home in the Vancouver area. He played his first two seasons with the Blue Bombers and broke former Winnipeg great Milt Stegalls all-time receiving yards record in a game against the Bombers on June 29, 2012 at B.C. Place. Simon finished his career with 16,352 yards and 1,029 receptions. He led the CFL in receiving yards in 2004, 2006 and 2007, and had the most receptions in 2004 and 2006. He was a six-time CFL all-star and seven-time divisional all-star. Leading up to the ceremony, Lions players credited Simon with playing a key role in their individual success. "Personally, for me (Simon had) a big impact on my pro career, and hes a big mentor," said Lions running back Andrew Harris. B.C. coach Mike Benevides said many people dont understand the full extent of Simons competitiveness and compassion. "Ive seen him red hot (with anger) when things arent going well," said Benevides. "Ive seen him also find a way to put his arm around somebody." Benevides said the 38-year-old Johnstown, Pa., native stood out for being cordial and "an outstanding sportsman" while winning two of his three Grey Cups with B.C. "He would compete," said Benevides. "But when it was over, it was over." In conjunction with the team honours, the City of Vancouver also proclaimed Friday as Geroy Simon Day. Trevor Ariza Kings Jersey . "Its amazing to do this coming from such a small island, where tennis isnt necessarily recognized as one of the main sports," Puig said. "Im just happy Im able to be here playing tennis not only for myself, but for my country too. Wenyen Gabriel Kings Jersey . 9 Baylor Bears just needed some time to get on track in their first game after the Christmas break. https://www.kingslockerroom.com/Oscar-Robertson-City-Edition-Jersey/ . -- LeBron James warned the Orlando Magic to stop double-teaming him and ignoring James Jones.NEW YORK -- Yankees manager Joe Girardi says hell talk to Mariano Rivera in the off-season about whether the New York Yankees closer definitely wants to retire. Girardi told ESPNNewYork.com on Tuesday that he thought Rivera could still be a very effective closer next year. Girardi said hell advise baseballs career saves leader to take a month or two this winter to make sure he wants to walk away from the game even though hes stayed healthy all year. The 43-year-old Rivera announced his plans to retire during spring training and has been on something of a farewell tour around the majors all season. He insisted hes made his decision. "I told you guys already. I dont know why were talking about this," Rivera said. Girardi was asked about his comments after Rivera earned his 40th save in New Yorks 6-4 victory over the Chicago White Sox. The manager said hes not lobbying Rivera to return, he would simply be offering the perspective of a former player who retired at 39 because of aches and pains. Girardi said he knows its difficult for an older player to attempt a comeback after hanging up his spikes, so he thinks it would be wise for Rivera to know for sure. "I think its importannt that you let a player get away for a while and see what that feeling is when youre away from the game a month, two months, and to see if that feeling changes. Wenyen Gabriel Jersey. Because its hard to come back once you leave," Girardi said. Rivera struck out two of his three batters Tuesday night to reach 40 saves for the ninth time. That ties Trevor Hoffman for the major league record. "I never wanted to think that, could I have played a little bit more? And it was really evident for me because I physically couldnt stay healthy. Mo has seemed to be pretty healthy this year," Girardi said. "Its just a man whos retired talking to another man whos thinking about retiring. Just telling him my feelings on it, its not me lobbying him to come back. "As Ive said all along, Ive never wanted a player to come back if he doesnt want to come back. Because I want to make sure that his hearts right when its time. I believe hes going to retire, but as Ive said, sometimes as a player when youre in the midst of a season and youre grinding it out, your mind is one thing, and when you get away for a couple of months and your body feels pretty good, your mind is another thing." ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

SAN ANTONIO -- Portland coach Terry Stotts is running out of adjectives and analogies to describe the San Antonio Spurs dominan
MONTREAL - That Wandrille Lefevre and Maxim Tissot played a hand in the Montreal Impacts 2-2 draw at Chicago last week was not

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz