ModernMusic.de

match and a shot at the Canadian

#1 von zxlbxj1 , 25.07.2018 05:24

MOSCOW -- Derek Drouin wanted everyone to know his Olympic bronze medal last summer was no fluke. He sent that message loud and clear Thursday at the world track and field championships, capturing another bronze in mens high jump and setting a Canadian record in the process. The native of Corunna, Ont., cleared 2.38 metres to finish behind Bohdan Bondarenko of Ukraine, who won gold with a jump of 2.41. Mutaz Essa Barshim of Qatar took silver in 2.38 while reigning Olympic champion Ivan Ukhov of Russia finished fourth at 2.35. "I wanted to prove this year that I deserved to be on the podium in London 2012, feels good to have accomplished that goal," Drouin said. Drouins bronze in at the London Olympics was the lone Canadian medal in track and field last summer, but he has company in Moscow. Decathlete Damian Warner (bronze) and heptahlete Brianne Theisen-Eaton (silver) have also been on the podium at the world championships. "I was joking after that I never thought I would only place third jumping 2.38 metres, Im certainly not disappointed, it was an incredible competition," said Drouin. "I felt like 2.41 metres was attainable but its always emotional when you set a personal best, getting another one in the same competition was a daunting task. That height is definitely a realistic goal for me now." Matthew Hughes of Oshawa, Ont., also broke a Canadian record, placing sixth in the 3,000-metre steeplechase in 8:11.64. Kenyas Ezekiel Kemboi won his third straight gold. "With a lap to go I knew I was on pace for (the Canadian record)," said Hughes. "I tried to stay with the Kenyan pack and fight all the way. It was a huge relief when I saw the time come up on the board." Alex Genest of Lac-aux-Sables, Que., placed 13th. In mens shot put, Dylan Armstrong of Kamloops, B.C., qualified seventh with a throw of 20.39. "I have no clue what it will take to medal, thats always a moving target," said Armstrong. "Its wide open. A lot of guys are in great shape, including me." Meantime, Sweden capped an eventful day with its first gold medal after one of its high jumpers set off a controversy over Russias anti-gay law in the morning with a rainbow-colored protest that drew pole vault great Yelena Isinbayeva into condemning homosexuality. Abeba Aregawi won the closing 1,500 metres, beating defending champion Jenny Simpson of the United States with a great last-lap effort. Earlier in the day, Aregawis teammate Emma Green Tregaro flaunted her rainbow-painted fingernails in the morning as she qualified for the weekend high jump final, a show of support of gays and lesbians in Russia. It set off Isinbayeva, the Russian pole-vaulting star, who criticized homosexuality and defended the new anti-gay law which has drawn sharp criticism and led Western activists to call for a boycott of next years Winter Olympics in the Russian resort of Sochi. The law means that anyone wearing a rainbow flag on the street or writing about gay relationships on Facebook, for instance, could be accused of propagandizing. "We are just against the publicity in our country and I support our government," Isinbayeva said. Green Tregaro posted a picture of her fingers on social media website Instagram, saying "Nails painted in the colours of the rainbow." She followed that with several hashtags, including "pride" and "moscow2013." "If we allow to promote and do all this stuff on the street, we are very afraid about our nation because we consider ourselves like normal, standard people," Isinbayeva said. On a night of almosts for Americans, Simpson was not the only one to settle for silver. Jehue Gordon of Trinidad and Tobago threw himself across the finish line to hold off Michael Tinsley by .01 seconds and win the 400-meter hurdles. Gordon came on strong down the stretch and finished in a world-leading time of 47.69 seconds to edge Tinsley. Emir Bekric of Serbia was third and two-time Olympic champion Felix Sanchez wound up fifth. It was a similar story in the womens 400 hurdles, even if the margins were bigger. Zuzana Hejnova of the Czech Republic beat American duo Dalilah Muhammad and defending champion Lashinda Demus. The U.S. silver medal tally ballooned to eight, with a championship leading 14 overall. The United States also leads the gold medal standings with four. Kenya moved up into second place together with Russia when Kemboi further established himself as the greatest of his era, winning gold ahead of compatriot Conseslus Kipruto. It was the fourth straight 1-2 finish for Kenya at the world championships. Both nations now have eight medals overall, including three gold. Jamaica is only sixth at the moment but is expected to add many more to its tally when sprinting takes back precedence over the last three days of the championships. The womens 200 final is Friday and both 100 champion Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce and Olympic champion Allyson Felix dominated their semifinal heats, keeping Fraser-Pryces ambition alive for three golds -- something teammate Usain Bolt achieved at two Olympics and two world championships so far. Felix is looking for the same triple she won at the London Olympics last year, combining the 200 with the 4x100 and 4x400 relays. Felix had the top time of 22.30 seconds, but Fraser-Pryce coasted well ahead of the line and still finished with the fourth best qualifying time for Fridays final. Fraser-Pryce is primarily a 100 sprinter and has two Olympics golds that attest to that, but she said in Moscow that she has never been as ready as this year to add the 200, too. -- With files from The Associated Press. Kyle Palmieri Jersey . A rainy day saw the former champion Djokovic handle 14th-seeded Frenchman Jo- Wilfried Tsonga 6-3, 6-4, 7-6 (7-5) under the roof on the famed Centre Court. Martin Brodeur Jersey . -- Louisville backup quarterback Reggie Bonnafon ran for two touchdowns and passed for another and the No. http://www.authentichockeyshopdevils.com...ils+jersey.Just like old times.Only this time, just one got to enjoy a victory.James return to Miami as an opponent was a success — for the Heat, that is. Wade scored 24 of his 31 points in the first half, Luol Deng had 25 points and dogged James defensively all night, and the Heat beat the Cleveland Cavaliers 101-91 in a hyped Christmas matchup Thursday. Brian Boyle Jersey . The Oilers will try to get back in the win column on Monday when they continue a four-game road trip with a battle against the Buffalo Sabres. Edmonton won its third straight game last Wednesday against visiting San Jose, beating the Sharks 3-0 as Scrivens stopped 59 shots to set an NHL record for saves in a regular-season shutout. Travis Zajac Jersey .S. - Nova Scotias Mary Fay guaranteed at least one more match and a shot at the Canadian junior curling championships final on home ice.The Anaheim Ducks say they will not be moving goaltender Jonas Hiller any time soon. Speaking to TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of ESPN.com on Tuesday, Ducks general manager Bob Murray made it very clear that Hiller will remain a Duck. "Theres not a chance in hell that Im moving Jonas Hiller," said Murray. "Im tired of hearing about the rumours, I can tell you Jonas is not going anywhere." Trade rumours last summer frequently mentioned Hillers name since the Swiss netminder is eligible to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.dddddddddddd But with the Ducks putting together a superb 2013-14 campaign, Murray does not want to do anything to shake up his team. The Ducks have the leagues best record at 35-8-5 and 75 points. Hiller has been a big reason with a record of 23-4-4 along with a 2.35 GAA and three shutouts. NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys From China Discount NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Black Jerseys ' ' '

zxlbxj1  
zxlbxj1

lengthy retrospective ban for his eye gouge
Forward Sabahudin Kovacevic has been suspended for Slovenias next Olympic hockey game for his hit on Slovakias Tomas Kopecky.The

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz