ModernMusic.de

Demetrious Johnson knows he only has so many years left to ply his trade in the fight game. [url=http://www.vapormaxschuhe.de/va

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 25.09.2019 03:42

Demetrious Johnson knows he only has so many years left to ply his trade in the fight game. Nike Vapormax Damen Günstig . Though hes merely 27 years old — and has already firmly etched his name in the record books as the inaugural UFC flyweight champion — Johnson is ready to entertain opportunities outside the octagon. In doing so, he hopes to take a page from womens bantamweight titleholder Ronda Rousey by filming movies between bouts. "Ronda Rousey was in The Expendables 3, then she fought Miesha Tate, then she did Entourage and now shes doing Fast & Furious 7," Johnson told UFC.ca during a phone interview. "So shes found the perfect balance in her career. "I mean, who knows, I might be a horrible actor. The only way to find out is if you try it." Johnson admitted his desire to explore the silver screen is at least partly due to his lengthy layoff between fights. The 125-pound kingpins most recent outing saw him deliver one of the most vicious knockouts of 2013, when he starched Joseph Benavidez with a beautifully-timed right hook in December. He now looks to net his fourth consecutive title defence when he meets heavy-handed striker Ali Bagautinov in the main event of UFC 174 in Vancouver, B.C. June 14. Johnson said he could easily jump from a film set back into full-time training without missing a beat. "I think Im ready for it," said Johnson. "I could go act for maybe two months and then Ive got another four months to get ready for a fight, which is way more time than I need. So theres a lot of downtime between my fights and it doesnt hurt to look into doing different things. "Obviously there werent a lot of No. 1 contenders in the division with me beating Joseph, John Dodson, John Moraga and Ian McCall. So there wasnt a No. 1 contender. I think the UFC wanted to put me on ice a little bit. I fought three times last year — thats more than any other champion recently." Though growing his name value is a big motivator, Johnsons key focus remains providing for his family. This past July, he and his wife, Destiny, welcomed their first-born son, Tyren. Of course, should Mighty Mouses star continue to rise, further stability for his loved ones will surely follow. Johnson said he hasnt let the pressures of fatherhood encroach upon his duties as champion. "My wife is a stay-at-home mother and she does a fantastic job watching my son while Im training," Johnson said. "She knows how important my training is when Im getting ready for my fights. So it hasnt really changed a lot. Obviously when Im out of the gym and at home Im hands-on with my son and spending time with family. Other than that, it really hasnt changed. "Obviously you want to train your butt off. That way you can make good money and provide for them. Other than that, its my career and Ive been doing it for a long time now. So now having another mouth to feed makes it a little more serious, but I try not to let the emotion of that get to me. I try to go out there and do my best." When it comes to establishing himself as a draw in mixed martial arts, UFC 174 could represent a watershed moment for Johnson. The card marks his first time headlining a pay-per-view event. Thankfully for Johnson his name has been bolstered by three stunning performances on FOX cards in 2013. On top of knocking out Benavidez, he topped Dodson in a thrilling war and dispatched Moraga with a slick fifth-round armbar. Johnson feels his showings on FOX will translate to pay-per-view buys, but said his biggest concern is simply getting the job done against Bagautinov. "I just try not to think about it and let it happen naturally," said Johnson. "Obviously this is my first pay-per-view and I hope it sells very well, but at the end of the day Im just going to go out there, fight and compete. Hopefully people want to tune in and watch me fight. Its going to be a great fight. Ali Bagautinov is a great fighter and is coming off a three-fight win streak in the UFC." A talented Combat Sambo fighter, Bagautinov has been on a tear since debuting with the UFC in September. Following an impressive TKO victory against Marcos Vinicius, he secured consecutive decision wins over Tim Elliott and John Lineker to earn a flyweight title shot. Johnson said he and Bagautinov will give fans their moneys worth. "Hes a great fighter and always comes ready to fight," Johnson stated. "He has great wrestling and hits hard. Hes ready to try and take my title. Its going to make for a good fight because I dont go down easy. I dont go down without a fight and I think that right there is good enough for people to tune in." ----- The mixed martial arts world is still buzzing following newly-crowned UFC bantamweight champion T.J. Dillashaws spectacular upset over Renan Barao. Despite being a heavy underdog going into UFC 173 this past Saturday, Dillashaw put on a striking clinch en route to a fifth-round TKO victory. Though many were shocked by Dillashaws dismantling of Barao, UFC flyweight titleholder Demetrious Johnson was hardly surprised by the outcome. "I knew Dillashaw was going to bring a fight like that," Johnson told UFC.ca. "Thats how Dillashaw fights all the time. Dillashaw, out of the Team Alpha Male guys, hes one of the best fighters. He puts it together very well with the wrestling, feints, movement, angles — he does that all very well. So I kind of knew when he was going in to fight Renan Barao that it was going to be a great fight. I knew T.J. was going to bring the fight to him. "Youve seen with Renan Baraos last opponents they kind of wait back and respect him, but I knew T.J. was going to go fight him. Youve seen it in all his previous fights." Vapormax Damen Sale .Y. - Phil Varone was the lone scorer in the shootout as the Rochester Americans edged the Toronto Marlies 3-2 on Sunday in American Hockey League action. Nike Vapormax Damen 2020 .ca. In Sundays Blackhawks-Penguins game, Pittsburgh defenceman Brooks Orpik laid a huge hit on Chicagos Jonathan Toews. Now in my view, Orpik can be clearly seen leaving his feet while delivering a moderately high hit. http://www.vapormaxschuhe.de/vapormax-off-white-deutschland.html .com) - The Calgary Flames are spoilers once again. TORONTO -- With their lead atop the American League East on shaky ground after a disappointing road trip, the Toronto Blue Jays wanted to set the tone early for a nine-game homestand with a strong effort against New York on Monday night. Adam Lind provided the power and rookie starter Marcus Stroman had the best start of his young career as the Blue Jays dumped the Yankees 8-3 at Rogers Centre. Stroman, making his fifth start for Toronto, allowed one earned run and three hits over a career-high eight innings. "Shoot, it was a fantastic job," said Blue Jays manager John Gibbons. "We needed that. We needed shutdown innings early on to give us a chance to get on the board. Pretty impressive." Toronto (43-35) opened the scoring with a single run in the first inning and Lind belted a three-run shot off New York starter Chase Whitley in the Blue Jays six-run second. That was more than enough offence for Stroman (4-2), who tied a career high with seven strikeouts. "I felt my change-up was a big pitch today," he said. "Even though I didnt use it much, when I did use it, it was pretty crucial. I was just down in the zone today. Me and (catcher Dioner Navarro) got on a pretty good roll." Stromans lone blemish was a solo shot by Mark Teixeira, who hit his 13th homer of the season in the fourth inning to put New York (39-36) on the board. The Yankees fell into third place with the loss, 2 1/2 games behind Toronto. The Baltimore Orioles remained in second place, 1 1/2 games back, after a 6-4 win over the Chicago White Sox. Torontos offensive outburst was most welcome for a team that was coming off a disappointing 3-7 road trip and had been held to three runs or less in 11 of its last 16 games. The Blue Jays also had to make lineup adjustments with Jose Bautista out for at least a few days with a left hamstring strain and Brett Lawrie on the disabled list with a broken finger. Lind, who has been nursing a sore foot of late, helped fill the void by driving in four runs and scoring twice in the opener of the three-game set. "Lind is a big part of this offence," Gibbons said. "He kills right-handers." Edwin Encarnacion had three hits and Melky Cabrera had two hits and scored twice as Toronto outhit New York 13-6. Anthony Gose chipped in with a pair oof hits and made an excellent running catch against the wall in right field in the sixth inning. Vapormax Weiß Damen. "The defence behind me was unbelievable," Stroman said. "Eddie made two great plays, Gose with an unbelievable play. Stuff like that kind of picks you up and gives you much more confidence going into the next couple innings." Whitley (3-1), meanwhile, allowed eight earned runs, 11 hits and three walks while striking out a pair. "It seemed like when he made a mistake, they hit it hard and when he made a good pitch, they seemed to find a hole with it," said Yankees manager Joe Girardi. "It was the combination of that. It was a tough start for him." Toronto reliever Chad Jenkins relieved Stroman and gave up two runs over two-thirds of an inning. With two runners in scoring position, Aaron Loup got Brian Roberts to fly out to end the game. Notes: Announced attendance was 31,554 and the game took two hours 45 minutes to play. ... Whitleys earned-run average rose to 4.07 from 2.56 while Stromans fell to 4.25 from 5.14. ... Steve Tolleson replaced Francisco at third base in the seventh inning. ... Both Bautista and Lawrie were hurt Sunday in Cincinnati. Bautista said theres a chance he could play at some point in this series but Lawrie, from Langley, B.C., will likely be out for three to six weeks. ... Bautista has been named captain of the American League Home Run Derby team for the July 14 event during all-star week at Minnesotas Target Field. Colorados Troy Tulowitzki will captain the National League side. ... Toronto recalled Gose and fellow outfielder Kevin Pillar from triple-A Buffalo on Monday and optioned catcher Erik Kratz to the Bisons. ... Left-hander Mark Buehrle (10-4, 2.32) is scheduled to start Tuesday against New York right-hander David Phelps (3-4, 4.13). ... Following the series against the Yankees, the Blue Jays will continue their nine-game homestand with a four-game series against the White Sox. Toronto will get an off-day Monday before a two-game mini-series against the Milwaukee Brewers. ... Cabrera has had at least one hit in his last 20 games against the Yankees. He has reached base safely in all 22 career games against his former club. ... Yangervis Solarte ended an 0-for-28 skid with an RBI single in the ninth. ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

Kirk Cousins time as the Washington Redskins starting quarterback is over. [url=http://www.scarpenmdscontate.it/scarpe-nmd-nere-
lo mejor en actividades

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz