ModernMusic.de

. Ben Scrivens made 29 saves in the setback

#1 von zxlbxj1 , 24.07.2018 04:49

TORONTO -- After a week of plowing through the competition, Serena Williams emerged from her first true test of the week with a spot in the final and a chance at a third Rogers Cup title. The American top-seed eliminated No. 3 Agnieszka Radwanska 7-6 (3), 6-4 in a semifinal Saturday night and will meet unseeded Romanian Sorana Cirstea for the championship. Williams lost as many games against Radwanska as she had through a combined three matches coming into the sixth meeting between the two -- all won by Williams, including last years Wimbledon final. "It was definitely one of the tougher matches," said Williams. "Obviously Wimbledon was another tough one. We actually have a lot of good matches." Cirstea, meanwhile, continued her Cinderella run at the tournament with a 6-1, 7-6 (5) upset against Chinese fourth-seed Li Na in the other semi. Shes played Williams twice before and lost both meetings decisively. "Shes definitely not an easy player to play," Williams said of Cirstea. "Her results recently have been really consistent and shes found herself and shes playing better and better and more confident. Its going to be a really tough match." Williams won the Rogers Cup in 2011 and 2001, both in Toronto. Shes shooting for an eighth WTA title this year and has only lost one match (Wimbledon) since March. "The main thing is I have to serve well, be aggressive, try to be in control, and go into the court with good mentality," Cirstea said about the final. Radwanska and Williams traded breaks twice in the first set as the 123-pound Pole kept up with Williamss imposing power game. Radwanska dashed corner-to-corner at the baseline to make returns and led 6-5, but Williams held serve to force a tiebreak where she blasted a cross-court winner for a 6-3 advantage, then aced set point. Williams, who finished the first set with 20 winners to Radwanskas five, called for a medical timeout early in the second for "gastrointestinal issues." "I had some stomach issues and I had to settled them down," said Williams. "Ill be fine. I feel good." She looked slightly out of sorts early in the set, going down a break and screaming at the ground after blowing an easy overhead smash. But that didnt last. Williams broke back and took a 4-3 lead by running Radwanska around the court with blistering offensive groundstrokes. She won a nearly 10-minute game to pull ahead 5-4 and broke Radwanska to finish off the match in one hour 51 minutes. "Shes was really playing a great match today," said Radwanska. "This is what makes her No. 1 in the world -- playing unbelievable in the very important moments and very powerful shots. I couldnt do anything about that. I had some break points and I didnt take them." Cirstea, meanwhile, came into her match having ousted two former world No. 1s in Jelena Jankovic and Caroline Wozniacki before dethroning defending champion and sixth-seed Petra Kvitova in the quarter-finals. "A new day, a new match. It doesnt matter who I beat the day before or what Ive done," said Cirstea. "Its just another day where I have to get out there and do the things to show the work that Ive put in." The 23-year-old looked loose and confident in the first set as she broke twice to go up 5-1, whizzing forehands past Li and skipping and jogging between points, perhaps to remind her 31-year-old opponent of their age difference. After a between set visit from her husband, Li found her game in the second. She yelled and pumped her fist after breaking for 3-1, then battled through triple break point to hold serve at 4-1. Cirstea, sensing the moment slipping away from her, called for a visit from her Australian coach Darren Cahill. "He made me realize its about the process, its about getting better and improving," said Cirstea. "So I shouldnt have any pressure. I just need to do the same things Ive done the first set. Hes amazing. These victories are his in a way." Against a vocal backdrop of Romanian shouts and cheers from the crowd, Cirstea broke back at 5-4 and again at 6-5 before Li forced a tiebreak. Li, a former French Open champion, committed an unsightly 41 unforced errors compared to Cirsteas 29, but none was worse than her sixth double fault coming at matchpoint. "I was feeling maybe I can win the second set and then we can come to a final set," said Li, who was last years finalist after losing to Kvitova. "Its very tough. Today I didnt play (my) best tennis, but at least I try on the court." Flags of blue, red and yellow waved in jubilation as Cirstea looked visibly emotional after locking down her best result of the year. Cirstea has only one WTA title to her credit, coming all the way back in 2008 at Tashkent. In doubles, Gabriela Dabrowski of Ottawa and Torontos Sharon Fichman had their Rogers Cup run ended by Jankovic and Katarina Srebotnik of Slovenia in a 7-5, 6-3 loss in the semifinal. Jankovic and Srebotnik will meet Anna-Lena Groenefeld of Germany and Czech Kveta Peschke for the title. Groenefeld and Peschke won 6-2, 6-4 over Russian duo Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina. Joe Carter Jersey . Neither striker Demba Ba nor Fernando Torres came close to scoring as Chelsea was left unsuccessfully appealing for penalties in this drab penultimate game of the season. "Our strikers are good strikers, no doubt about that, but players with some specific qualities," Mourinho said. Kendrys Morales Jersey . The underachieving franchise finished 17th in the 19-team league with a 6-17-11 record this season. "Our soccer team is absolutely in complete disarray," said Leiweke, drawing laughs during an Empire Club luncheon speech about the future of MLSE teams and plans to improve them. http://www.officialbluejaysjerseysonline...ue-jays-jersey/. Johns, N.L., to Thunder Bay, Ont., after a deal was announced to build a new $106-million "event centre" in the Lake Superior community. Justin Smoak Jersey . He just didnt expect them to be this good. Darrun Hilliard scored 19 points to lead No. 6 Villanova to a dominating 77-59 victory over Georgetown on Saturday, preserving the Wildcats hopes of a No. Kevin Pillar Jersey . -- The anointed starting quarterback for the Oakland Raiders is strengthening his hold on the position this training camp instead of losing it.Calgary, AB (SportsNetwork.com) - Lance Bouma scored twice in a four-goal third period which lifted Calgary over Edmonton, 4-2, at the Saddledome. Paul Byron and Sean Monahan also tallied while Mikael Backlund and David Jones chipped in two assists each for the Flames, who had lost two of three coming in and have now taken six of eight overall. Jonas Hiller stopped 17-of-19 shots for the victory. Jordan Eberle and Benoit Pouliot scored for the Oilers, who have dropped five of their last eight. Ben Scrivens made 29 saves in the setback. Calgary finally got on the board at 2:56 of the third as Mason Raymond circled the Oilers net from left to right and his shot hit Byron and beat Scrivens to the far side from the circle. Bouma evened the score at 6::16 on a shot in close and Monahan gave the Flames their first lead of the night on a power-play at 8:39.dddddddddddd It was 4-2 for the hosts with 3:33 left as Bouma converted a Backlund pass. Scrivens was on the bench for an extra skater in the final two-plus minutes but Edmonton failed to reduce its deficit. Eberle opened the scoring off a Ryan Nugent-Hopkins dish from a faceoff win 2:43 in, then Pouliot doubled the advantage on a shot from between the circles at 11:41. Game Notes Calgary extended their NHL-best win total when trailing after two periods to nine ... Both teams are in action on Monday, as the Flames continue their residency against Winnipeg while the Oilers head to San Jose. Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Discount Jerseys China NFL Hoodies China NFL Hoodies Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China ' ' '

zxlbxj1  
zxlbxj1

We just had a tough time making shots
lead to three strokes in the

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz