ModernMusic.de

Floyd was taken from the field on a cart early in the fourth

#1 von elaine95 , 16.09.2019 04:25

The safety stood out as a rookie Youth Austin Bryant Jersey , but can he become a regular contributor in 2019?"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Detroit Lions NewsDetroit Lions NotesDetroit Lions AnalysisDetroit Lions TransactionsDetroit Lions Game RecapsDetroit Lions AnalysisDetroit Lions Film ReviewDetroit Lions film breakdown: Is Tracy Walker ready for an expanded role?New,11commentsThe safety stood out as a rookie, but can he become a regular contributor in 2019?EDTShareTweetShareShareDetroit Lions film breakdown: Is Tracy Walker ready for an expanded role?Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY SportsThe big shock of the Detroit Lions 2018 draft was when they selected safety Tracy Walker out of Louisiana in the third round. He was a nearly unheard of prospect, buried away in the Sun Belt conference. Walker started the 2019 season buried once again, deep in the Lions depth chart getting minimal playing time. He played over a third of defensive snaps only once in the Lions’ first 12 contests, but did see a hugely expanded role late in the year as injuries began to pile up and the team began to look toward the future. He impressed during his limited playing time—racking up 21 combined tackles, an interception and two passes defended—and many fans have already pegged the youngster as the successor to long time free safety Glover Quin. But is he really up for that challenge?Walker very clearly has all of the raw tools needed for someone to succeed in the NFL. He is a great athlete with a wide coverage range. It is rare that he does not have the speed to keep up with his opponents. This does not mean that he does not get beaten, though. The safety’s footwork still needs a lot of work. He shuffles his feet far too often, and it sometimes seems like his mind and his feet are not doing the same thing. One common issue that comes up for him is that he stumbles a bit before he tries to make a move in coverage. via GfycatWalker definitely has the acceleration needed to make plays but he needs to get out of his own way first. He also has trouble mirroring the footwork of his opposition, which leads to him getting beaten and turned around by receivers when they make double moves or break on their routes. This especially becomes a problem in man coverage. via GfycatThis is a pretty simple out route that every defensive back should be able to cover. Walker is in man coverage and backpedals off of the snap. The receiver breaks outside and the safety ends up stumbling backwards with his back to the quarterback. He loses any sort of defensive positioning he has and if quarterback Josh Rosen got a quick release off, then the receiver would have made an easy catch with real estate in front of him down the sideline. Every NFL defensive back should be able to cover this route Womens Christian Jones Jersey , but mistakes like this happen far too often for Walker. His instincts can often fail him as well. Walker is occasionally a few seconds too late to react while in deep coverage and can let receivers get behind him without providing help. When he is lined up as a free safety, the last line of the defense, this could lead to a disaster. On this play against the Minnesota Vikings, Walker is covering the deep middle in zone coverage. A receiver to his left runs a deep post, and the safety should have been around to bracket him downfield. He gets caught with his eyes in the backfield, though, and does not see the receiver breaking over the top until it is too late. Had quarterback Kirk Cousins thrown a more accurate pass underneath the cornerback, this would have been a huge gain.He got away with it for the most part in 2018, mostly because of his limited use, but if he plans on taking Quin’s role, then he will need to be better.A lot of Walker’s problems have the same cause. His brain and body are not always on the same page Calvin Johnson Jersey White , and his technique is a little sloppy. He is young and uncoordinated.When he does get himself pointed in the right direction he is playmaker, though. Walker can cover so much ground in such a short period of time that he can close down ball carriers upfield to take them down for minimal gains.via GfycatWalker is lined up in man coverage against running back David Johnson on this play. He is lined up about 10 yards off of the line of scrimmage and has a lot of ground to cover once Rosen flips it over to his running back in the flat. Walker is able to crash down on Johnson fast and cut the play down for no gainOn this play, Walker was lined up as a deep safety. A Vikings receiver finds his way into a gap in the left out and makes a quick catch for a good gain. Walker is able to quickly close down on the receiver all the way from his deep spot, and tackle him to limit yards after catch. He closes down nearly 18 yards in a matter of seconds to mitigate a potential huge gain on the play. His tackling could use some work, though. Walker will take a bad angle on occasion and will even overrun plays. While he does a great job closing down on ball carriers, he usually goes for the big hit rather than using his long arms to wrap up at the point of attack. This leads to riskier, more likely to miss, tackle attempts. We did not see much of Walker last season, but when he was on the field he did a lot more good than bad. He has an incredible 6-foot-10 wingspan and athleticism that Matt Patricia and the Lions coaching staff could refine into a defensive star one day. For now, though, Walker still has a lot of growth needed before he can take on Glover Quin’s role. He does not have the field vision and awareness that his predecessor has and did not show anywhere near the amount of ball-playing ability. As much as he flashed last year Kerryon Johnson Jersey White , there was still a lot of bad with the good. A move to strong safety should be in the cards, especially if rookie Will Harris or new free agent signing Andrew Adams prove to be the back line, center field safety the Lions need. Walker is definitely a player that can play an important role on this defense for a long time, but unless he takes a big step this offseason, he still might not be the star that many expect him to be in 2019. CHICAGO (AP)Matt Prater booted the go-ahead field goal through the gusting wind right down the middle with enough room to clear the crossbar. He also gained some revenge against a coach who cut him. Prater kicked a 52-yard field goal with 1:35 remaining, Matthew Stafford threw for 299 yards and two touchdowns and the Detroit Lions held on to beat the Chicago Bears 27-24 on Sunday.Article continues below ... Detroit (6-4) took the lead after Tarik Cohen had tied it for Chicago (3-7) with a 15-yard touchdown run that ended with him leaping across the goal line. Prater kicked the winner after Stafford led a 42-yard drive to the 34. The Lions escaped with their third straight win when the Bears’ Connor Barth was wide right on a 46-yarder in the closing seconds. ”It was pretty difficult, just with the winds gusty, couldn’t really tell what it was doing,” said Prater, a two-time Pro Bowl selection. ”Good thing I had (holder) Sam (Martin) kind of caddie me, said play it at the left upright. Then I think he was almost jumping on me. And I kind of lost it. I don’t know Womens Luke Willson Jersey , I started yelling at coach Fox maybe, but it was fun.” Fox was coaching Denver in 2014 when the Broncos cut Prater. They did that just days before he was to rejoin the team following a four-game suspension for violating the league’s substance-abuse policy to start that season. As for Barth? He wasn’t even close as he attempted to force overtime. He is now 11 of 16 on the season, all five misses from 40 and beyond. ”I think I hit the ground a little bit and just didn’t make good contact,” he said. ”So, it was a tough one.” Stafford completed 21 of 31 passes. Marvin Jones Jr. had four receptions for 85 yards and a TD. DJ Hayden ran back a fumbled snap for a touchdown to give Detroit seven return TDs this season, tying a team record. And the Lions beat the Bears for the eighth time in nine games. Detroit also improved to 3-0 against the NFC North. All those wins are on the road, with one coming at division leading-Minnesota. The Lions host the Vikings on Thursday. ”I think we’re a confident group no matter what time of the game it is,” Stafford said. ”Fourth quarter, first quarter, it doesn’t matter. We go out there and just try to play as good a football as we can. I’ve got confidence into the fourth quarter with the guys around me.” Chicago dropped its third straight even though Jordan Howard ran for 125 yards and a touchdown. Mitchell Trubisky faded after a strong start, throwing for 179 yards and a TD. His 19-yard scramble on fourth-and-13 in the final minute put the ball on the Detroit 43. He then hit Dontrelle Inman with a 15-yard pass Trey Flowers Jersey , giving Barth a chance to force overtime. But the Bears once again came up short after a rough loss to Green Bay that reignited the heat on Fox. ”It’s always frustrating losing,” Cohen said. ”It adds to that when you know you’re right on the fringe of being a successful team. More than not a couple games we’ve lost have come right down to the wire. Weknow that if we do certain things right the game could come out totally different.” FLOYD INJURED Bears linebacker Leonard Floyd was taken from the field on a cart early in the fourth quarter with what Fox described as a ”fairly serious” knee injury he suffered trying to defend a run. Several teammates kneeled nearby as the medical staff tended to him on the field. Cornerback Kyle Fuller was seen bleeding from his left wrist after the play, though he returned to the game. Moments after Floyd went down, Prater kicked a 27-yard field goal to make it 24-17 with about 10 minutes left. QUOTABLE ”I liked the fight we had in us. I think we all recognize the fact that we put ourselves in that position, but I liked the way we came out of it. Oftentimes, particularly on the road, some teams take a nosedivewhen they get behind and don’t come back.” – Coach Jim Caldwell on the Lions rallying from 10 down to take a four-point halftime lead. INJURIES Lions: DE Ezekiel Ansah (back) missed his second straight game. … RB Dwayne Washington (hip) was inactive. Bears: WR Josh Bellamy got shaken up blocking on a pass play in the third quarter and entered the concussion protocol. … RG Kyle Long (finger) was back in the lineup after being limited to one special-teams play last week. … LB Danny Trevathan (calf) and TE Dion Sims (illness) were inactive for the second straight week. UP NEXT: Lions: Host the Vikings on Thursday. Bears: Visit the Philadelphia Eagles on Nov. 26. —

elaine95  
elaine95

Jermaine Kearse spent his first five seasons in the NFL
open portion of Thursday’s practice.Defensive end Ezekiel Ansah

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz