ModernMusic.de

the Nets became another victim of

#1 von zxlbxj1 , 23.07.2018 04:30

NEW YORK -- With Brian Gionta gone the Montreal Canadiens need a new captain -- and there is no shortage of candidates. A pair of 25-year-old stars, 2013 Norris Trophy-winning defenceman P.K. Subban and U.S. Olympic forward Max Pacioretty, each said theyd love to wear the "C" beginning this season. Veteran defenceman Andrei Markov and veteran centre Tomas Plekanec are also considered among the top possibilities. Subban, one of the faces of the franchise along with goaltender Carey Price, recently signed a US$72-million, eight-year contract after going to arbitration as a restricted free agent. At the NHL/NHLPA player media tour Tuesday, he made a case for why he should be the captain. "I think that Id embrace it," Subban said. "Added responsibility to me makes a player better, and I think Ive accomplished a lot in a short time in this league and Ive earned the respect of my peers and my opponents to command the respect that a captain deserves. I really believe that Ive earned a lot of respect in this league, both on and off the ice." In addition to the Norris during the lockout-shortened season, Subban has now played 284 NHL games and won a gold medal at the Sochi Olympics as Team Canadas eighth defenceman. He added that he sees a captain as someone whos "able to perform on the ice and bring it for their teammates in ... the toughest moments." Pacioretty similarly jumped at the notion of succeeding Gionta as captain. "I think anyone who wants to be a leader on their team would want to be a captain of a team, especially with a franchise with such history like that," said Pacioretty, who added that hed be completely on board if the team went in another direction. During an EA Sports demo event last week in Toronto, the NHL15 video game had the "C" on Paciorettys chest. "I was joking around I think someone at EA Sports deserves a promotion for doing that," Pacioretty said with a smile. "I didnt know about that before. But its cool." Asked at the player media tour in New York who he thought should be captain if it wasnt him, Pacioretty stumped for Markov, the Russian defenceman who is going into his 14th season in Montreal and is signed for three more years. "Hes a guy that leads by example, and hes been around Montreal for a while," Pacioretty said. "Behind closed doors hes one of the hardest workers Ive seen and I think that goes a long way, especially with some of the young guys, as well." Gionta had been captain since the start of the 2010-11 season, replacing the longest-serving player in that job, Saku Koivu. Koivu, the captain from 1999 through 2009, announced his retirement Wednesday after an 18-year NHL career. "I feel I was truly lucky to have a chance to play for the legendary Canadiens for so many years and serve as captain, and share that great honour with many truly legendary captains from before my time," Koivu said in a statement. Gionta, who left in free agency to sign a US$12.75-million, three-year contract with the Buffalo Sabres, pointed to Plekanec, fourth-liner Travis Moen and Price as big voices in the locker room. "Those are the guys that are kind of going to bridge that gap to the younger core thats coming up now," Gionta said. The Habs could feature an entirely new leadership group, as alternate captain Josh Gorges was traded to the Sabres. Markov wore the other "A" last season. Montreal is one of seven teams without a captain going into training camp, along with the Ottawa Senators, Sabres, New York Rangers, San Jose Sharks, Florida Panthers and Columbus Blue Jackets. A year after Daniel Alfredsson left Ottawa for Detroit, the Senators will have their second captain in two seasons after trading Jason Spezza to the Dallas Stars. Defenceman Erik Karlsson reiterated Tuesday hed gladly accept that honour and figures to be in the discussion along with Chris Phillips and Chris Neil. Karlsson lived with Alfredsson, who was captain from 1999 through 2013, but said he doesnt think hell mimic his friends style. "I will never be the same leader as Alfie was," Karlsson said. "He had his own way and Jason Spezza had his own way and Chris Neil and Chris Phillips and all the other guys have their own ways, as well. Everybodys a little bit different. But I think just being around such a good group of guys, hopefully that can help me develop as a player and as a person and as a leader for the better." Buffalo went with co-captains to start the 2013-14 season and subsequently traded Thomas Vanek and Steve Ott. Gionta said there has been no talk of assuming that role with the Sabres. "You dont go to a place with the expectation or the hope that something like thats going to happen," Gionta said. "You go in, you try to integrate yourself with the players that are there and try to learn from them whats going on." New York made it to the Stanley Cup final without a captain after trading Ryan Callahan to the Tampa Bay Lightning. The Rangers most senior alternate, Brad Richards, was bought out and signed with the Chicago Blackhawks, leaving defencemen Ryan McDonagh, Dan Girardi, Marc Staal and wingers Rick Nash and Martin St. Louis as the most likely replacements. Sharks coach Todd McLellan recently told San Jose reporters that Joe Thornton wouldnt be the captain and Patrick Marleau wouldnt be an alternate at least at the beginning of camp, calling it a "fresh slate" of leadership. Centre Logan Couture or forward Joe Pavelski figure to be in the hunt. Florida used a compliance buyout on captain Ed Jovanovski. The young Panthers, if they choose to name a replacement, could turn to defenceman Brian Campbell or hand the reins to one of the kids, like Jonathan Huberdeau or Nick Bjugstad. The Blue Jackets havent had a captain since trading Nash to New York in the summer of 2012. In no rush to sew a "C" on someones jersey, Columbus -- which rotated alternates between Brandon Dubinsky, Jack Johnson and others -- could go without yet again. Assuming the Habs go the traditional route, Subban hopes he gets the nod. After signing a face-of-the-franchise contract in early August, the Toronto native said he didnt want the coaching staff or teammates to view him differently and repeated that this week, captaincy or not. "I want people to see me as a player that competes hard, is respectful, thats trustworthy and thats a leader," Subban said. "Thats what I want people to see me for." Tottenham Hotspur Jerseys . It will be their 15th head-to-head meeting and fourth in the post-season (Sunday at 2pm et/11am pt on CTV) and for his part, Brady isnt downplaying just how big the game is for him. "Im excited - Its everything you could ask for as an athlete," the New England Patriots quarterback told WEEI Radio in Boston on Monday. Son Heung-min Jersey . Paul, MN (SportsNetwork. http://www.footballhotspurstore.com/Wome...Hotspur-Jersey/. Ashton scored a hat trick -- giving him 13 goals in 16 AHL games this season -- to power the Toronto Marlies to a 5-2 victory over the visiting Lake Erie Monsters in AHL action on Sunday. Serge Aurier Jersey . Smith, who raised eyebrows at the CFL combine in March with his ability on both sides of the ball, confirmed in a statement he tested positive for the anabolic steroid Stanozolol prior to auditioning for league officials. Custom Tottenham Hotspur Jerseys . Asdrubal Cabrera had four hits and three RBIs, Michael Brantley also homered and the Indians beat the injury-riddled Minnesota Twins 9-4 Thursday for their first three-game winning streak this season.(SportsNetwork.com) - The two top teams in the Atlantic Division do battle Friday night when the Toronto Raptors visit the Brooklyn Nets at the Barclays Center. One small caveat to the top teams in the Atlantic battling - the Raptors are 12 1/2 games ahead of the Nets for divisional supremacy. The second-largest margin between a leader and second place in the NBA is the nine-game cushion the Portland Trail Blazers own over the Oklahoma City Thunder. Further distance has been placed between Toronto and Brooklyn recently. The Raptors come into Fridays tilt with a four-game winning streak, while the Nets have dropped three straight. On Wednesday, the Raptors knocked off the Sacramento Kings, 119-102, at Air Canada Centre. Lou Williams netted 27 points off the bench to lead a balanced Raptors attack. Seven Toronto players scored double figures. Thats what its all about. Not individuals. Team, Toronto coach Dwane Casey said. Greivis Vasquez posted 18 points and six assists, Jonas Valanciunas provided 15 points and nine rebounds and Kyle Lowry added 13 points and seven assists for Toronto. Terrence Ross (13), DeMar DeRozan (12) and Patrick Patterson (11) rounded out the 10-plus scorers for the Raptors, who visit thhe Washington Wizards Saturday.dddddddddddd The Nets played their last four on the road, although, they were scheduled for a home game on Monday. The NBA canceled that contest with the Trail Blazers due to the impending blizzard. Despite the 1-3 mark in their recent trek, the Nets may wish they were back on the road. Brooklyn hasnt won at the Barclays Center in 2015, a span of six games. On Wednesday, the Nets became another victim of the Atlanta Hawks, falling 113-102, at Philips Arena. Former Hawk Joe Johnson scored a team-high 26 points and Jarrett Jack finished with 14 points and a career-high 13 assists in the loss. Brook Lopez chipped in 18 off the bench. Alan Anders scored 15 on 5-for-10 shooting and Mason Plumlee had 14. We made shots, said Nets coach Lionel Hollins. When you make shots, you give yourself a chance. The Nets only shot 44.8 percent from the field and 37.5 percent from long range. They lost the rebounding battle, 35-25. The Raptors won the first matchup this season, a 16-point drubbing in Canada on Dec. 17. That came after the Nets toppled the Raptors in the first round of last seasons playoffs. The two teams meet again Wednesday north of the border, then on April 3. Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Discount Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store NFL T-shirts From China China NFL Hoodies Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys ' ' '

zxlbxj1  
zxlbxj1

Legitimate College Essay Services

#2 von evahmarketing , 28.11.2019 13:34

Acquiring Custom College Essay Writing Services from a Legitimate Custom Essay Writing Company is the best since you are guaranteed high quality Custom Essay Writing Services.
https://www.meldaresearch.com/college-es...ting-service-3/

evahmarketing  
evahmarketing

RE: the Nets became another victim of

#3 von florahmelda , 29.11.2019 06:46

Do you want to Buy Term Paper Online from a trusted Legitimate Custom Term Paper Company for all your Custom Term Paper Services needs?
https://www.meldaresearch.com/buy-term-papers/

florahmelda  
florahmelda

#4 von cindy8559 , 06.12.2019 05:26

On the day I read it, it was great to share from my friends. Thank you so much! gpa calculator

cindy8559  
cindy8559

#5 von navonwolf , 10.02.2020 10:16

Lots of interesting things are welcome, stay tuned and explore!
io games

navonwolf  
navonwolf

r the season-long slalom title.
Nike Vandalised LX

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz