ModernMusic.de

the American placed her tee shot even closer

#1 von zxlbxj1 , 23.07.2018 04:29

LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Webb Simpson was far from comfortable with a four-stroke lead at TPC Summerlin. "This is a golf course where guys can shoot, as weve seen this week, 8, 9, 10, 11 under," Simpson said. "So, I have to go out with a mindset of attacking and trying to make birdies." Simpson maintained his four-shot advantage Saturday in the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open, birdieing four of the last seven holes for a 4-under 67. "I think the key tomorrow is to, No. 1, stay patient again in case I do get off to another slow start," said Simpson, who missed a playoff — that Jonathan Byrd won with a hole-in-one on the fourth extra hole — by a stroke in 2010 after making a double bogey on the par-3 17th. Making his first start since helping the U.S. win the Presidents Cup, the 2012 U.S. Open champion was 19 under overall. He opened with rounds of 64 and 63. "The conditions were perfect," Simpson said. "I knew guys were shooting low numbers. I felt like I was playing good enough. I just was shooting pretty bad — parred 9, dropped the shot at 11. So, it was frustrating. But my caddie just told me to stay patient and let the birdies come. And thats what happened. I made some putts coming in." Chesson Hadley was second after a 67, birdieing the short par-4 15th and following with a hole-out for an eagle on the par-5 16th. "They waved us up on 15 and I just roasted a driver up there," Hadley said. "I think it hit perfectly into the hill and dribbled up there to about 10 feet. I hit a good putt. It was just a little to the left, so it was a nice tap-in birdie. So that was good. "Then I drove it right on 16, and I laid up to the perfect number. And my first thought when I hit it was, Please go a little. Then I saw it take the first bounce and it looked like it just one hopped right in the bottom of the stick. That was huge." The Web.com Tour Championship winner last month, Hadley is making his fourth career PGA Tour start. He and Simpson are both from Raleigh, N.C. "Webb and I grew up playing together," Hadley said. "Hes always been more successful earlier than I have been. And you know, hes been such a good role model and just influence for the game as far as his faith is concerned. Im just looking forward to playing with him tomorrow." Jeff Overton was third at 14 under after a 68. Jason Bohn had a 69 to reach 13 under, and Sean OHair shot a 63 to join first-round leader J.J. Henry, defending champion Ryan Moore, William McGirt, Ryo Ishikawa and Russell Knox at 12 under. OHair eagled the 15th. "Ive been playing some nice golf, and it was nice to come out today and get started off quick," OHair said. "I was 3 under pretty quickly and turned at 4, and kind of started off slow on the back nine, but that eagle helped on 15. So, it was just all in all a great day." OHair had to play the four-event Web.com Tour Finals to regain his PGA Tour card. "I think it was a tough time this year for me, especially late because I was realizing I was going to lose my card," OHair said. "I just had to get my mind right going into those Web.com events. I knew I had an opportunity to get my card back, but I had to be in a right spot mentality. It was a disappointing time for me. "I was able to get my mind right, and I played fairly well. ... I really feel good about my game right now, everything about it, from putting, ball-striking. I really feel like I can play some great golf right now. I think it helped me to kind of go back to basics and simplify my game." Henry has shot 71-70 after opening with a course-record 60. McGirt shot 64, Ishikawa had a 68, and Moore and Knox shot 69. Daniel Summerhays had a 68 to reach 11 under. He eagled the par-5 13th and 16th holes. Jimmy Walker, the winner of the season-opening Frys.com Open last week in California, was 10 under after a 64. Ray-Ray Armstrong Jersey . He chirped to the caddie of Brandt Snedeker about their money game, a Mickelson tradition at the majors. Lefty was in good spirits Monday at the British Open, except for having to return the claret jug. Kyle Lauletta Giants Jersey . -- Fantasy football owners and Denver Broncos fans can rest easy: Peyton Manning is back. http://www.nygiantsfanatic.com/c-81-gian...der-jersey.aspx. Louis second-period goal increased the New York Rangers lead but Dustin Brown has countered for the Los Angeles Kings who now trail the New York Rangers 2-1 in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final at Madison Square Garden. Custom New York Giants Jerseys . The Canadian skicross racer appeared to have the bronze medal locked up in the mens final at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, only to wipe out while trying to make a pass in the biggest moment of his career. Cody Latimer Jersey . 22 because of a bruised foot and have added forward Sean Collins to the roster on emergency recall from Springfield of the AHL.SINGAPORE -- Karrie Webb and Angela Stanford were so close down the stretch Saturday at the HSBC Womens Champions, matching each other birdie for birdie, that Stanford only sees one way to get the advantage in Sundays final round. "Im going to send Webbie a six-pack (of beer) tonight," she said. Webb wasnt sure that would help. "Ill probably drink one and go to sleep," the Australian veteran said. The two players set up a Sunday showdown between former HSBC champions after finishing off their third rounds with identical birdies over three of the last five holes Saturday to separate themselves slightly from the rest of the crowded leaderboard. Webb, the 2011 winner, shot a 70 to move to 11-under 205, one stroke ahead of 2012 champion Stanford, who had a 69. They both have a chance to be the first repeat champion of the tournament, although on two different courses. Both players picked up their first HSBC crown at Singapores Tanah Merah Country Club and this years event is being played at the Sentosa Golf Club. Still, Stanford said, there are enough other quality players within striking range after a momentum-shifting day that anybody could claim the title. "Its really not worth looking at (the leaderboard)," she said. "You just know a lot of people are going to be at the top." Among those chasing Webb and Stanford are Spains Azahara Munoz, who fired an eagle and four birdies for a 5-under 67, the low round of the day; and Taiwans Teresa Lu, who gave up her LPGA membership in 2010 to concentrate on playing in Japan. Both are tied for third at 8-under 208. Americas Paula Creamer, who briefly held the lead with Webb and Munoz on Saturday, had six birdies to go with three bogeys to sit in fifth place at 7 under. Morgan Pressel of the United States was at 6 under, Norways Suzann Pettersen was another stroke back at 5 under, and Swedens Caroline Hedwall and South Koreas Na Yeon Choi were in joint eighth at 4 under.dddddddddddd Webb, a seven-time major winner, led the first two rounds in Singapore, but started out slowly on Saturday. She played her front nine at even par and then bogeyed the 10th hole to go to 1 over, allowing the rest of the field to close the gap. "Even when I was not giving myself a lot of good birdie opportunities early on, I had to tell myself its Saturday, theres plenty of golf left to be played and just to be patient," she said. "And fortunately I listened to myself for a change." Webb turned it around on the 153-yard, par-3 14th hole, where she struck her tee shot to within a couple feet of the hole for an easy birdie putt. Next came a chip shot from the fairway on the 16th which rolled in for birdie to give her a two-stroke lead again. Stanford stayed with Webb, though, as the other challengers fell back. Not to be outdone on the 14th, the American placed her tee shot even closer than Webbs -- a mere inches -- leading to birdie. She matched Webbs birdie again on the 16th, and both players closed the round with birdies on the 18th. If either veteran slips in the final round, however, Munoz and Lu are right behind them. Both players are looking for their second LPGA titles. Munoz captured her only tournament at the 2012 Sybase Match Play Championship, while Lu won hers at last years Mizuno Classic. Defending champion Stacy Lewis disappointing week, meanwhile, looks likely to end her streak of 13 consecutive top-10 finishes on the LPGA Tour. Lewis shot a 73 on Saturday, leaving her far down the leaderboard in joint-42nd place. Lewis, the reigning Womens British Open champion, is only three away from matching Webbs LPGA record of 16 consecutive top-10 finishes, set in 1998-99. Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Discount Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store NFL T-shirts From China China NFL Hoodies Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys ' ' '

zxlbxj1  
zxlbxj1

RE: the American placed her tee shot even closer

#2 von Afzalsheikh , 24.04.2020 12:53

Afzalsheikh

19th season on the Spurs bench
as Brooklyn coach. Milwaukee

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz