ModernMusic.de

Coach Tomlin answered questions from the media

#1 von chenyan94 , 02.09.2019 05:09

following the Steelers’ seventh practice." Latest News5 players mentioned by Mike Tomlin after the Steelers’ Friday night lights practiceNew Greg Lloyd Jersey ,3commentsCoach Tomlin answered questions from the media following the Steelers’ seventh practice. EDTFollowing the Pittsburgh Steelers’ Friday night lights practice at Latrobe High School, head coach Mike Tomlin briefly took questions from the media. Although the emphasis was on the atmosphere of the night, Coach Tomlin was asked questions about specific players. This list isn’t to suggest these players were the only ones who stood out, but more so about how Tomlin answered the questions.<hr class="p-entry-hr" id="L0dMLP">Vince Williams & Roosevelt NixSometimes veteran players are held out of parts, or even all of practices in order to allow other players to get an extended look. Ben Roethlisberger was held out of practice Friday Night for the second time within the week. When it comes to the “backs on backers” sessions, Vince Williams has been observing more often than he has participated. Considered to be the most experienced player involved in the drill which already gives the defense the advantage, Williams went up against the most experienced running back on the Steelers roster: Roosevelt Nix.Coach Tomlin was asked about holding Williams out of the first session of “backs on backers” and then matching him up against Nix.“Because there’s no question Vince understands that drill. The tempo of that drill. His techniques are seasoned and so forth. I thought I’d get some young people to get that drill under them before I infused him into it. I limit the snaps of veteran players all the time. Not only in an effort to protect them, but to provide other opportunities to other people. So removing Vince isn’t necessarily about Vince. In that first set Kevin Greene Jersey , it was about getting more additional reps for you guys like 55 (Devin Bush). And so the second time though we infused him back in to get the necessary work he needs as well.”Tomlin was then asked a follow up question about the heavyweight match up between Williams and Nix.“If you stay out here long enough, you’re going to see everybody verses everybody. So I wouldn’t read too much into the match ups.”<hr class="p-entry-hr" id="xdhKyo">Benny Snell Jr & Devin BushFor the second day in a row, Mike Tomlin addressed his rookie linebacker and running back. Since Benny Snell, Jr and Devin Bush keep facing off against each other repeatedly during camp, it’s only natural for the competition to draw the attention of those in attendance.Coach Tomlin was asked about specifically matching up Bush and Snell seven times in drills.“They’re young guys in the same state of their careers. You know, they’re tremendously competitive. We expect those guys to be contributors. They lack in experience. So it’s a fair match up.”<hr class="p-entry-hr" id="5UwJ2h">Devlin HodgesThere aren’t many opportunities for the fourth-string quarterback to get a lot reps in training camp. Even when Ben Roethlisberger is not participating in practice, Devlin Hodges still has yet to get a crack at “seven shots.” But with only three quarterbacks in pads Friday night, Hodges was given possibly his most snaps in the full team session to date.Coach Tomlin was asked about his evaluation of Hodges after he received some additional work.“I like some of the things I’ve seen from him. He’ll continue to get more opportunities. Obviously the in stadium play at that position is significant.”<hr class="p-entry-hr" id="0eNQMR">Mike Tomlin’s full media session can be seen here:Snap totals reveal the Steelers threw the kitchen sink at the Chiefs Lynn Swann Jersey , and it didn’t matter The Pittsburgh Steelers were shellacked at home when the Kansas City Chiefs put up 42-points on the defense, and while no one wants to continue to re-hash that game, sometimes looking back can help you understand some of the decisions made, and what might be coming in the future. Obviously, with the way the game played out in Week 2, I focused on the snap totals for the defense. I wanted to see who dominated the playing time on the defensive side of the ball, and what it all might mean. When I looked up the snap totals, I was shocked to see there were very few players who played the vast majority of the game. Sure Bud Dupree Jersey , Sean Davis, Artie Burns and Vince Williams all played 100-percent of the snaps (58 total), but other than this trio, it was a mixed bag of goods.In the secondary, the Steelers deployed Morgan Burnett for 52 snaps, while rookie Terrell Edmunds played 32 snaps. At cornerback, filling in for Joe Haden, the Steelers used Coty Sensabaugh and Cameron Sutton the exact amount — 29 snaps a piece.What was truly unique to me were the numbers for Mike Hilton and Jon Bostic. Bostic has been the linebacker who comes off the field during sub packages David DeCastro Jersey , and Hilton is the first defensive back on the field in these situations.Hilton logged 42 snaps, with Bostic just 31. In other words, the Steelers deployed a lot of sub packages, as usual, against the Chiefs in Week 2. This is a direct correlation to the number of snaps seen by Edmunds, who didn’t start in Week 2 as he did in Week 1. The increase in sub packages also resulted in just 17 snaps for nose tackle Javon Hargrave. While fans don’t want to hear it, defensive coordinator Keith Butler tried almost every combination at his disposal to see if there was something which would work in slowing down the Kansas City offense. If you watch the film he used a lot of nickel, dime and even the ‘dollar’ package on a few occasions. He tried both zone and man coverage Darrius Heyward-Bey Jersey , and it all ended with the same result — failure.The Steelers threw the kitchen sink at the Chiefs, and it didn’t matter. Here is to hoping the team can find an equation which works, and they stick to it in Week 3 when they play the red-hot Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Monday Night Football.Check out the full list of snap totals, which are brought to you by Pro-Football Reference, below, or by clicking HERE.

chenyan94  
chenyan94

A report on Monday indicated that Broncos General
A collection of Redskins articles from around

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz