ModernMusic.de

DENVER (AP) — The Denver Broncos throttle back

#1 von chenyan94 , 26.08.2019 05:54

Von Miller every summer because if they don’t Brandon McManus Jersey , in the words of coach Vance Joseph, “he’ll wreck practice.”So, Miller saved his wrecking ball for Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday.Miller collected four quarterback hits, three sacks, three tackles for loss, two forced fumbles and a fumble recovery in leading the Broncos to a 27-24 win in Case Keenum’s Denver debut .Miller was in the Seahawks’ backfield seemingly as much as Seattle running back Chris Carson, who was pick-pocketed in the second half as Miller simply snatched the ball out of his hands in one of the best plays of opening weekend.“Technically, that’s not a good move,” Miller said with a chuckle, noting he should have set the edge instead of tossing aside fullback Tre Madden.“You want to be stout, shock and scare. But I ‘ole’ed’ outside, so I knew I needed to get back down to be able to make the tackle. I just saw the ball and I just grabbed it.”Miller said in the lead-up to the opener that he hates playing Wilson, whom he considers the best QB in the game. Yes, ahead of Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees, the only three who were ranked higher in The Associated Press quarterback rankings that came out Friday.“I still don’t like playing against Russell,” Miller said. “Running around out there, 20 yards, getting everybody tired. Luckily, we were able to get him before he could get started. That was in our scheme this week, we wanted to keep him in the pocket and (make) him beat us with his arm, which he’s capable of doing.“But we’d rather pick that poison and that strategy worked.”Wilson threw for 298 yards and three TDs, but was picked off twice and sacked six times and ran just twice for 5 yards.“He got out of the pocket a couple of times, but that’s Russ,” Miller said. “He’s a great player. He’s going to get out of the pocket, but we kept some of the great plays to a minimum.”Miller didn’t get to face Wilson in Super Bowl 48 because he’d blown out a knee toward the end of the 2013 season, the only one in his first seven years in the NFL when he didn’t reach double digits in sacks.Miller was back in the Super Bowl two years later and won the game’s MVP honors after harassing Cam Newton John Elway Jersey , whom he strip sacked twice, leading to 15 points in Denver’s 24-10 win over the Panthers.The Broncos haven’t been back to the playoffs since, going 14-18 over the past two years.Although Miller collected 23½ sacks in that time, too many deficiencies on the roster and deficits on the scoreboard kept him from being the difference maker he was Sunday.That doesn’t mean he saw his performance as anything more than a good start.“You know me, I never move faster than I have to. I never move slower than I need to,” Miller said. “I just stay in the moment. We’ve got a great team. We got a great win today. We played great defense. This is how you want to start a season.”His three sacks moved him into 50th on the NFL’s all-time sack list with 86½.“It’s great, to be 29 and in the top 50, the league has been around for close to 100 years now,” Miller said. “It’s great, man. It’s a true blessing.”At one point Sunday, the giant scoreboard showed Miller inhaling oxygen on the sideline after one of his big plays and the crowd roared.“I wasn’t even paying attention and I look up and Case is telling everybody to be quiet,” Miller recounted. “I kind of felt bad for a second.”It wasn’t the only time Miller interrupted Keenum’s focus, either.Keenum normally spends his time between series on the bench studying pictures of formations and talking with to his coaches, “but it’s hard not to notice when the crowd’s going crazy and Von’s out there crawling or whatever he’s doing, whatever his sack dance is. That’s impressive to watch.“I’m glad I’m on the sidelines when he’s on the field, that’s for sure.”Wilson wasn’t so lucky.“I think that when it’s third-and-3 or 4, I’ve spun out and make a lot of plays,” Wilson said. “I would probably say most of the time it works.“With a guy like Von, sometimes it doesn’t.” Word had swirled since the weekend that Mike Munchak will be the Denver Broncos next head coach, even as John Elway’s interview with Vic Fangio lasted until dinner in Chicago on Monday night. The Broncos left for Denver without the Chicago Bears defensive coordinator in tow, so it’s time to speculate. Who do you got as the next Broncos head coach?I decided to take a look at what looks like the final two candidates depth. Vic FangioWe know that he’s as immersed in defensive strategy as anyone in football. Fangio’s NFL career began in 1986 with the New Orleans Saints and he’s served as a defensive coordinator for five different teams.From 1995 to 1998 he coached the Expansion Carolina Panthers. In their inaugural season Fangio’s defense finished 5th in FootballOutsiders DVOA, including 2nd against the pass. They were 6th in total D during ‘96 and had the best adjusted sack rate in the league. The pass rushing linebacker duo of Kevin Greene and Lamar Lothon combined for 28 sacks. From 1999 to 2001 Fangio was the defensive coordinator for the Indianapolis Colts under Jim Mora. The results with the Colts were mostly sub par, but the pass rush was elite in 2000. After 2001, he was hired again by Dom Capers to oversee another expansion defense, this time the Houston Texans. The D peaked at 18th in DVOA before bottoming out in 2005. After he was fired from Houston, Fangio worked in Baltimore under Rex Ryan and, in 2009 Greg Mattison. In 2010 he left the NFL for Stanford under Jim Harbaugh Shelby Harris Jersey , helping the current Michigan coach lead Elway’s Alma mater to 12-1 record.The Cardinal had one of the best scoring defenses under Fangio, which goes a way towards explaining why Harbaugh brought his coordinator with him when he took the San Francisco 49er job.Three out of the four years he was coordinating by the bay, Fangio’s defense finished with a top 5 DVOA rating. He accomplished this despite the fact that Aldon Smith was his only premier pass rushing threat. When Fangio was with the 49ers, he had 10 players combine for 19 Pro Bowl berths in his four seasons. Those same 10 players have exactly one Pro Bowl berth since he left. Six of those players never made the Pro Bowl before they played for Fangio and haven’t made it since he left.His most recent stop with the Chicago Bears started when John Fox hired Fangio in 2015. Every year the defense improved, even if only slightly at first. It wasn’t enough to save Fox though, who was fired after the 2017 season. When Matt Nagy was hired after the season, he made it a priority to resign Fangio and reportedly made him one of the highest paid coordinators in the league. It made sense: his return provided continuity for a defense that had improved from 30th in yards allowed the year before Fangio arrived to 10th in 2017; from 17th to 11th in rushing; 30th to seventh in passing; 17th to sixth in sacks; and 31st to ninth in points allowed.In 2018, the Bears were one of the best defenses in the modern history of football. Mike Munchak We know he’s loyal to a fault. After the Tennessee Titans 7-9 finish in 2013, management requested he replace six or more of his assistant coaches. Munchak refused to follow through on all of them and was fired. During his three years as head coach of the Titans, the team finished 13th, 30th, 21st in Football Outsiders total DVOA. That’s a bit discouraging on its head, but this isn’t: all three teams outperformed their expected win total. This was during the same time that the AFC South had pre-injury Andrew Luck carrying the Colts and Gary Kubiak’s Houston Texans looked like a Super Bowl sleeper. This idea that Munchak coming to Denver will fix all that ails the Broncos offensive line may be popular to the mainstream media, but it doesn’t hold up to any level of scrutiny. The Titans line in 2011 was the worst run blocking unit in football. They were good in power situations, but woeful in just about every other way. The 2011 Titans did allow only 24 sacks though. In 2012 the run blocking improved slightly, but they allowed more sacks. During Munchak’s last season with the Titans line ranked 29th in the league in power situations and allowed 37 sacks. So if Munchak won’t magically fix the line, why hire him? He’s safe, for one. Those Titans teams outplayed their talent and could have done more if they weren’t quarterbacked by Jake Locker, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and an ancient Matt Hasselback. Munchak’s leading receiver during his reign was Nate Washington. After he was fired, his replacement Ken Whisenhunt never won more than 2 games in a season. Still, the lieutenants will be really important. Munchak has never called plays on either side of the ball. Following reports that Elway blocked teams from interviewing Gary Kubiak, all signs point to him leading the offense. On Defense fans have been pining for Todd Bowles, but he’ll probably return to Bruce Arians’ staff if the CBS commentator comes out of retirement to coach the Buccaneers. Perhaps the Broncos management still believes in Joe Woods, the guy they pushed Wade Phillips out the door for?So who do you want for the Broncos next head coach?On to your Broncos’ linksBroncos giving Vic Fangio his best chance yet for NFL head coach job | 9news.comSteelers part ways with RB coach James Saxon - NFL.comA name to watch if Munchak is the Broncos coach.Denver Broncos have blocked two teams from interviewing Gary Kubiak - Mile High ReportVic Fangio is not interviewing with Dolphins Monday – ProFootballTalkWill this be John Harbaugh’s last game with the Ravens? – ProFootballTalkReports: Mike Munchak appears to be the “early favorite” for the Broncos Head Coaching job - Mile High ReportDenver Broncos: Mike Munchak is interested in head coaching job - Mile High ReportDenver Broncos: To recycle (a head coach) or not? - Mile High ReportBroncos news: Who will be Denver’s quarterback in 2019? - Mile High ReportRanking the Denver Broncos head coach candidates - Mile High ReportNFL Wild-Cards: The Eagles, Chargers, Cowboys and Colts Advance—and Look Dangerous | SI.comAre the Denver Broncos testing the limits of fan loyalty? - Mile High ReportAtwater’s hit on Okoye is just the most obvious reason the safety should be in the Hall of Fame - Mile High ReportJake Plummer Peyton Manning Jersey , former Broncos QB, among 13 selected to College Football Hall of Fame class – The Denver PostSikkema’s 2019 NFL Mock Draft 5.0 - The Draft Network2019 NFL Mock Draft: Raiders snag Quinnen Williams, three quarterbacks go in the top 11 - CBSSports.comNFL mock draft 2019: Broncos, Giants, Dolphins go QB; Cardinals, 49ers go for D | NFL | Sporting NewsThe Super Bowl ContendersChargers survive a late rally from Baltimore, Win 23 - 17 - Bolts From The BlueIf you missed it, Baltimore was booing Lamar Jackson.Philip Rivers: Exciting to get another chance to face Patriots – ProFootballTalkHow the Chargers defense shut down Lamar Jackson and the Ravens | SI.comJason Garrett: We’ll see how Cole Beasley’s ankle is “as the week goes on” – ProFootballTalkEagles, again the underdogs, barely beat Bears in NFL wild card | SI.comFrank Reich leads Colts to comprehensive beatdown of Texans - NFL.comColts vs. Chiefs preview: Who wins Andrew Luck-Patrick Mahomes duel?NFL playoffs 2019: 5 things Colts fans should know about the ChiefsEric Berry, Sammy Watkins and Spencer Ware “all making progress” - Arrowhead PrideAndy Reid roundup: Chiefs’ demons, Andrew Luck and Patrick Mahomes - Arrowhead PrideDraft NewsPenny, RoJo & The No Money Back Guarantee - The Draft Network2019 East-West Shrine Preview: Safeties - The Draft NetworkThe rest of the NFLNFL Coaching Rumors: Bruce Arians has ‘lot of momentum’ for Buccaneers gig, is big Jameis Winston fan - CBSSports.comMatt Nagy says Bears have plan in place if Vic Fangio is hired awayPackers ‘zeroing in’ on hiring Matt LaFleur as New head coach, per report - Acme Packing CompanyMatt LaFleur’s time with McVay, Shanahan will help Aaron Rodgers - Green Bay Packers Blog- ESPNMatt Eberflus: The top defensive head coach candidate | SI.comKliff Kingsbury clear to interview with Cardinals, Jets - NFL.comCBS streaming rights deal with NFL will now include games on your mobile device - CBSSports.comAntonio Brown trade possible, Ben Roethlisberger extension talks likely amid Steelers turmoil - CBSSports.comAntonio Brown trade: Steelers likely to move WR, face $21M cap hit | SI.comJuJu named Pro Bowl replacement for Antonio Brown - NFL.comJohn Harbaugh, Joe Flacco defend Lamar Jackson playing for Ravens | SI.comBaltimore Ravens face pivotal offseason after loss to Chargers - NFL.comTerrell Suggs: ‘I would love to be a Raven for life’ - NFL.comRussell Wilson: Seahawks could have thrown more - NFL.comRams, Patriots expected to get two third-round compensatory picks – ProFootballTalkBears teammates support Cody Parkey after missed FG | SI.comNFL’s Average Salaries By Position | SI.comKicker- #9 Running back - #10In case you missed the Alabama Clemson gameClemson vs. Alabama - Game Summary - January 7, 2019 - ESPNJustyn Ross shocked Alabama as a recruit, then helped Clemson destroy the Tide - SBNation.com

chenyan94  
chenyan94

Here’s the important thing to remember in the NFL po
You know the drill by now. When it comes to a pro athl

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz