ModernMusic.de

Giants trade center Brett Jones to the Minnesota Vikings

#1 von liny195 , 23.08.2019 03:29

The New York Giants have traded center Brett Jones to the Minnesota Vikings for a 2019 draft pick.Jones was a primary backup along the interior offensive line before being injured in the 2016 season Eli Manning Jerseys Stitched , flashing the form that made him the best lineman in the Canadian Football League in limited action at left guard and center. He became the Giants starting center in 2017 when Weston Richburg was lost for the season with a concussion. “I think the trade was good for both (Minnesota and us). We got a pick in return for Brett Jones. He’s one of my favorite guys and he’s going to a really good place. With their situation in the offensive line, he’s going to have a chance to compete to maybe be their starter,” coach Pat Shurmur said Sunday afternoon. “I’m pretty familiar with their situation and he’s going to a very good place, so I’m happy for him, because he’s a real likable guy. He works hard, he’s tough, and I feel like if he can’t be here – I tell the players all the time, we want you all to be here; if you can’t be here Youth Odell Beckham Jerseys , we want you to be somewhere good, and that’s a good place.”Jones had been in a battle for the Giants’ starting center job with former guard Jon Halapio — a player who, in an ironic twist, Jones helped learn the center position. That battle seemed to be over by the start of the summer program as Halapio took nearly all of the starting reps, despite apparently being outplayed by Jones in preseason games. “We like what Halapio has been doing,” Shurmur said. “We just like the way he’s played.”The move will free up nearly $3 million in cap space, as well as seemingly guarantee John Greco’s roster spot. Ian Rapoport is reporting that the pick the Giants will receive is a 7th-rounder.— Stay with Big Blue View as we wait more detailsPost-game quotebook: What the Giants were saying after Thursday’s loss to Patriots What were New York Giants players saying after Thursday’s 17-12 preseason ending loss to the New England Patriots? Let’s go inside the locker room and find out.Donte Deayon on his two trophiesAs he was packing up to head out of the locker room Deayon was stuffing two footballs, the ones he intercepted on Thursday Odell Beckham Jerseys Stitched , into his equipment bag.“Man, it’s lovely,” Deayon said of seeing the footballs in his locker. “They are two Patriot ones, so it feels a little better.”Deayon on if he feels secure about making the roster “No, because honestly last year that’s how I felt going into the fourth game. I felt like I kind of laxed and it didn’t sit well with me. I had a little sick feeling in my stomach. Going into this game, I wanted to lock in, and got out there and give it my all. We’ll see what happens.“I won’t be nervous. At this point, I put it all out on the table Color Rush Ryan Connelly Jersey , I put my best foot forward. At this point, what happens, happens.”Giants-Patriots: Was Kyle Lauletta’s night better than the stats indicated?Kyle Lauletta on starting the game“I was very excited. I mean, I have wanted to play more and obviously, I haven’t played a whole lot. Probably the first game was the most that I played, so to say, ‘Hey, you are going to get the start’ was big for me. I don’t think I was nervous. Any time you get out there Youth Ryan Connelly Jersey , you’re a little bit amped up, but I don’t feel nervous. It’s more you just want to do well and you want to throw the balls so good and sometimes when you miss one, you really have to turn the page and move on. Sometimes that will haunt you and will cause you to make more mistakes. I felt comfortable back there; I just missed a couple [of throws], some by a yard or two, but it is what it is. We’ll move on and get ready for the season.Davis Webb on his preseason“I did the best I could and I think I got better each and every day. I feel confident where I’m at, and I know my teammates do. That’s the most important thing.”

liny195  
liny195

Patriots owner Robert Kraft has two pockets full of Super Bowl rings.
Veteran running back Frank Gore‘s one-year deal

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz