ModernMusic.de

Nugent-Hopkins and Eberler

#1 von zxlbxj1 , 19.07.2018 04:38

VANCOUVER -- David Booth will put months of rehabilitation from an ankle injury to the test on Saturday. The Vancouver winger is slated to play his first game since March as the Canucks visit the Edmonton Oilers in an NHL pre-season game. "Its been a long time since Ive played, so theres going to be certain things that youre going to have to work out, whether its the first period, the second period, first game, second game," Booth said after practice Friday. "But if I can get a couple games in here before (the season), I think that will really help." Booth, one of Vancouvers highest-paid players at US$4.25 million per season, will use the game as part of his effort to improve on a lockout-shortened season in which he scored just one goal -- into an empty net -- and added two assists in 12 games. His season ended prematurely when he suffered a broken ankle and ligament damage that required surgery in a March 16 game against Detroit. "Its not going to be on my mind," he said of the injury. "I cant go in there thinking Im going to be tentative." The 28-year-old Detroit native hopes to get comfortable again with the speed of the game, which he thinks will pose his "biggest problem." "The physical, play, the balance, all that stuff, will take time," he said. The first hit, he added, will wake him up and assist in improving those aspects. Booth has already taken some hits publicly for his enigmatic play and boasts about his hunting conquests off the ice. A former 30-goal scorer with Florida, he has yet to excel with the Canucks after two seasons marred by injuries and inconsistency. Prior to being sidelined with the leg injury, Booth missed some games due to a groin injury during on-ice testing in training camp. With his health improved, he is hoping to make an impact with the Canucks as they attempt to atone for first-round playoff exits the past two seasons. "I think I can contribute more than I ever have," he said. "I really believe that. Ive worked hard this off-season to get back to where I need to be for the season. I know (Im) not going to just jump in and be 100 per cent right away, and thats going to be frustrating. "But Im playing with some really good teammates and good linemates. If I can get a chance with Ryan (Kesler) and Alex (Burrows), I think that will help my game a lot." Booth is getting a bit of late start in the pre-season, because he was still not cleared to play after arriving for training camp. He just resumed on-ice workouts this week after spending the summer working out in Florida and flying back to Vancouver for medical appointments. "From the time that I was in a boot, I couldnt walk for six to eight weeks," he said. "I worked out my upper body and I got really strong up there. But then when I was able to start rehabbing my ankle and start doing a little bit more conditioning, I started doing more agility stuff, balance stuff, biometric stuff. "That didnt really start until August, and that was frustrating, because usually Im doing that stuff in May and just keep building and building. a But it is a long process and Im still on the upward." At one point during his rehab period, Booth bulked up because he had watched Chicago Blackhawks winger Bryan Bickell in the regular season and playoffs with the Stanley Cup champions. But the Canucks winger soon realized that he and Bickell have different styles. "I was 237 up there, and I cant skate when Im like that," he said. "I cant feel the puck. I cant doing anything. Watching the playoffs and watching Bickell and seeing how good of a season and playoffs he had, I was (thinking) I had to get big, because I was watching him play and he was very effective out there. "But thats not my game. I have speed. I still think I can be stronger on the puck without all the extra upper-body weight." Vancouver head coach John Tortorella is still trying to figure out what kind of game Booth can offer the Canucks. The new coach saw Booth play many times while he coached the Tampa Bay Lightning and the winger toiled for the Panthers. But Tortorella wants to see more of him with the Canucks before making an assessment. "Ive seen him practise once, so I have no impression," said Tortorella. "I know what he is. Ive seen him play in the league, but I cant give you an impression on what he is right now." Notes: Tortorella will go behind the bench for the first time in the pre-season in Edmonton. He watched the first two pre-season games from the clubs management box in the rafters. a The Canucks held two early-morning practices, with the first group starting at 7:30 a.m., before taking part in the teams annual charity golf tournament held in Oscar Robertson Jersey . -- Rory McIlroy birdied his last two holes Thursday for a 7-under 63 to take the lead after one round of the Honda Classic. Vin Baker Jersey . Patty Mills had 20 points, Tim Duncan had 11 points and 13 rebounds in limited action, and San Antonio rolled to a 110-82 victory over Milwaukee that kept the Bucks winless in the new year. http://www.nbabucksproshop.com/Authentic...cks-Jersey/.com) - St. Louis Blues right wing Vladimir Tarasenko, Detroit Red Wings center Pavel Datsyuk and Pittsburgh Penguins goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury have been selected as the NHLs top players for last week. Mirza Teletovic Jersey . - Carter Verhaeghe scored the winner with 41 seconds to go as the Niagara IceDogs edged the North Bay Battalion 3-2 to even their first-round series at a game apiece in Ontario Hockey League playoff action on Sunday. John Henson Jersey . Parnell will be out much longer if it turns out he needs surgery. But first, he will try resting for two weeks before beginning a throwing program that could last up to a month, general manager Sandy Alderson said.EDMONTON - Craig MacTavish defended his job as Oilers general manager Friday as he addressed Edmontons struggles through 26 games this season. MacTavish specifically talked up how much of the roster he has turned over since becoming GM after the 2013 season. Heres a look at the players who have come and gone under MacTavishs watch:GOALTENDERSWhos gone: Nikolai Khabibulin and Devan DubnykWhos new: Viktor Fasth and Ben ScrivensWhos stayed: No oneKhabibulin was at the tail end of his career and left as an unrestricted free agent. Dubnyk was traded to the Predators for forward Matt Hendricks. In-season free agent Ilya Bryzgalov was a stopgap who turned into some value in a trade before the 2014 deadline. Fasth cost a third- and a fifth-round pick in a deal with the Ducks, while Scrivens cost a third-rounder. Goaltending has been one of the biggest problems for the Oilers, with Fasth and Scrivens combining for the worst save percentage in the NHL at .885.DEFENCEMENWhos gone: Ladislav Smid, Nick Schultz, Corey Potter, Mark Fistric, Ryan Whitney and Theo PeckhamWhos new: Andrew Ference, Mark Fayne, Nikita Nikitin, Keith AulieWhos stayed: Justin Schultz, Jeff PetryMacTavish didnt exactly inherit a bang-up blue-line, and one player who was considered of value (Smid) was sent to the Flames to clear cap space for Bryzgalov last season. Ference was named captain after signing a US$13-million, four-year deal in the summer of 2013. Fayne signed this past summer, and MacTavish said he likes what the veteran has brought. Nikitins rights only cost a fifth-round pick in a deal with the Blue Jackets, but he hasnt lived up to expecttations created by a $9-million, two-year deal.ddddddddddddMacTavish inherited prospects Martin Marincin and Oscar Klefbom and even Schultz. Upon signing Schultz to a $3.675-million, one-year contract last summer, MacTavish said he believed he had Norris Trophy potential. Schultz has struggled and was even a healthy scratch for one game.FORWARDSWhos gone: Shawn Horcoff, Sam Gagner, Ales Hemsky, Ryan Jones, Magnus Paajarvi, Mike Brown, Eric Belanger, Jerred Smithson, Anton Lander, Ryan SmythWhos new: David Perron, Benoit Pouliot, Matt Hendricks, Boyd Gordon, Leon Draisaitl, Teddy Purcell, Steven Pinizzotto, Luke GadzicWhos stayed: Taylor Hall, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Jordan Eberle, Nail YakupovThe Oilers core remains in tact, built from first-round draft picks before MacTavish was hired. He defended that core Friday, saying he didnt believe it needed to be rooted out but instead needed more time to develop. Yakupov shouldnt be considered part of that core, which really is Hall, Nugent-Hopkins and Eberle. MacTavishs first major move was to send Paajarvi to the Blues for Perron, and its hard to argue with that deal. It was a smart one. MacTavish hoped to add top-nine forwards so that Hendricks and Gordon could play where theyre more suited on the fourth line, but there are still gaps, mainly at centre. The Oilers kept Draisaitl, the No. 3 pick in Junes draft, around instead of sending him back to junior, but hes not the answer there. MacTavish said the cost of getting a top-two centre wasnt worth it, and given Edmontons current plight, its certainly not worth it this season.---Follow @SWhyno on Twitter Cheap NFL Gear Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet Stitched Jerseys Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap NFL T-shirts Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China ' ' '

zxlbxj1  
zxlbxj1

just hung on for the score of one
He has a non-guaranteed contrac

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz