ModernMusic.de

OSTRAVA, Czech Republic -- Tomas Berdych and Radek Stepanek won the doubles for the defending champion Czech Republic to take a

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 31.07.2019 04:59

OSTRAVA, Czech Republic -- Tomas Berdych and Radek Stepanek won the doubles for the defending champion Czech Republic to take a 2-1 lead over the Netherlands in the Davis Cup first round on Saturday. Dominique Wilkins Hawks Jersey . The Czechs defeated Robin Haase and Jean-Julien Rojer 7-5, 1-6, 7-6 (2), 7-6 (4) in almost four hours on an indoor hard court at CEZ Arena to improve to a 15-1 record in the cup doubles. The Dutch were trailing 2-0 in the fourth set before coming back and saving three break points at 5-5 after Haase double-faulted twice but the home pair converted their second match point in the tiebreaker with Haase sending a volley too long. "It was the toughest game we have played," Berdych said. "It was extremely hard for us. They were excellent." It was the first defeat in the cup doubles for Haase and Rojer following four victories. "We had our chances but our opponents were unbelievable," Stepanek said "We had to fight till the end." The Czechs, seeking their third straight Davis Cup title, are one win away from the quarterfinals while the Dutch must win both reverse singles on Sunday to reach the quarters for the first time since 2005. On Sunday, Berdych plays Haase then Stepanek faces Igor Sijsling. The winner of the best-of-five series will face either Canada or Japan in April. Berdych and Stepanek saved five set points in the 10th game of the opening set before they broke Haase, and Stepanek served the set out. The Dutch pair wasted 10 break opportunities in the set. In the second set, Stepanek failed to hold his serve in the fourth game and Berdych double-faulted to do likewise, allowing the Dutch to race to a commanding 5-1 lead. Haase hit an ace on the first set point. Berdych was broken again in the seventh game of the third set when his forehand volley hit the net but the Dutch let the Czechs come back after wasting three set points and Haase failed to serve the set out in the 10th game. The Dutch still forced a tiebreaker after saving three set points. Haase became furious when the Czechs jumped to 4-1 for no clear reason, hitting the net three times with his racket before the Czechs prevailed 7-2 with Berdychs backhand volley winner. Berdych had to be treated for a back problem when trailing 5-4 in the third set but said it was not serious. Trae Young Jersey . The Senators return from a lengthy layoff caused by Wednesdays attack on Parliament Hill to host the New Jersey Devils on Saturday night. Pete Maravich Hawks Jersey .C. -- Lucy Li made two double bogeys, a triple bogey and finished her historic round at the U. http://www.authenticbasketballshophawks.info/john-collins-hawks-jersey/ .com) - Novak Djokovic captured a mens Open Era-record fifth Australian Open title on Sunday by defeating rival Andy Murray in the final in Melbourne.DUNEDIN, Florida - Kevin Pillar and Ryan Goins made their respective major league debuts nine days apart last August and with just days until spring training play gets underway, the two late-season Toronto Blue Jays call ups find themselves in different situations vis-à-vis the 2014 squad. Goins is the early favourite to win the starting job at second base. Pillar is an outsider to secure a role off the bench, which becomes an even more difficult spot to win if the number of back up jobs is reduced by one. That happens if the Blue Jays decide to start the season with an eight man bullpen. Praised last week by general manager Alex Anthopoulos as the best defensive second baseman the club has had since Orlando Hudson and as "gold glove caliber," Goins hopes an offensive adjustment he made in mid-September helps to round out his game. Goins moved his hands down in his batting stance. Then, during an offseason visit to new hitting coach Kevin Seitzer in Kansas City, Goins went one step further, starting his hands closer to his body. "I have more time to see the ball," he said. "My timing is a little different than having so much movement, having to get going so much earlier, so now its a little better to see the ball and hopefully it will lead to better plate discipline, hitting the ball harder and more consistent." A safe bet to be the nine-hole hitter if he makes the team, Goins is eager to improve upon the .609 OPS he posted in 121 plate appearances over 34 games with the Blue Jays last season. His .679 OPS in 111 Triple-A games last season feeds into the all defense-not much offense narrative but Anthopoulos is more concerned with run prevention this season after watching his infield struggle with injuries and range last year. "He needs to be able to hold is own (offensively,)" said manager John Gibbons. Seitzer, during his first scrum with the Toronto media in January, said he saw Goins as a potential .275-.280 hitter. Their Kansas City rendezvous had already happened so Seitzer was speaking as someone whod watched Goins up close. "I see myself as a hitter," said Goins. "I think I can put together productive at-bats for a season and help the team win. Justin Anderson Jersey. Whatever they need me to do. If its situational hitting, hit and runs, bunting guys over. Whatever is called upon me, wherever Im hitting in the lineup, is what Im going to go out there and do everyday." Pillar, who made his debut on August 14 and went 0-17 before getting his first big league hit at Yankee Stadium, struggled to a .206/.250/.333 line over 110 plate appearances. He got away from his strength as an offensive player, an up-the-middle approach, becoming pull happy and unable to lay off down-and-away breaking pitches. Not one to mope, Pillar went home to Southern California and went to work. "I went home, took about two weeks off in the offseason and Ive been hitting three to four hours everyday just trying to get back," said Pillar. "People say, Why dont you just go back to what you did? Once its gone its gone. Like a lot of things in life, once you forget how to do it or how you felt in the box youve got to recreate that feeling." Pillar insists he isnt exaggerating his three-to-four hours a day hitting routine. His only break wasnt a break. He went to play winter ball in the Dominican Republic and had 66 at-bats, his attempt to get back in his groove. Lawrie thrilled for Team Canada Brett Lawrie, the lone Blue Jay whos Canadian born and raised, was happy to lord Canadas Olympic hockey gold medals over his teammates. After all, Lawrie is badly outnumbered in the clubhouse. "When youre the underdog youve got to keep quiet because theres too many of them," said Lawrie. "I just waited for my turn and then obviously I got my opportunities." Lawrie did his best to keep an eye on Sundays win, working around media responsibilities and warm up Sunday morning at Florida Auto Exchange Stadium. Kawasaki follow up One day after predicting Canada would beat Sweden 2-1 in the mens hockey gold medal game, Munenori Kawasaki was pleased with himself. "I say Canada win," Kawasaki said. When reminded he didnt pick the correct score, Kawasaki issued a pseudo apology: "My bad. Im no good." Kawasaki didnt watch the game. ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

LOUISVILLE, Ky. [url=http://www.rangershockeyonlineshop.com/pavel-buchnevich-hockey-jers ey/]Pavel Buchnevich Rangers Jersey[/url
London, England - Top seed Novak Djokovic needed all five sets to win his quarterfinal match, while seven-time champion Roger Fe

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz