ModernMusic.de

SAN DIEGO - Brandon Barnes timed his jump perfectly, leaped and caught Rene Riveras fly ball that was on a home-run trajectory.

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 31.07.2019 04:32

SAN DIEGO - Brandon Barnes timed his jump perfectly, leaped and caught Rene Riveras fly ball that was on a home-run trajectory. PJ Tucker Jersey .The Colorado Rockies left fielder then took great delight in showing the fans that he made the catch.Drew Stubbs hit a tiebreaking home run leading off the eighth and Barnes robbed Rivera of a tying shot in the bottom of the inning to lead the Rockies to a 3-2 victory against the San Diego Padres on Tuesday night.One of the guys said, Hes going to hit a homer here. And I said, Im going to rob it. He hit it and I robbed it and thats why I got up and said, I told you so.Barnes said he looked at a replay and it appeared that Riveras ball would have hit the top of the wall and bounced over if he hadnt caught it.Its great having Barnes here. He brings a lot of energy and enthusiasm to our club, manager Walt Weiss said.He made a great catch, so you have to tip your hat, Rivera said. Thats baseball. I hit it well. I saw it off the bat, it went up and I had good, hard contact. But in Petco sometimes you still have to run hard. He made a great catch.Padres manager Bud Black said Rivera really didnt click it. But left field here at Petco is doable a€” smallest part of the park. You dont have to hit it well to get it out of there in that area. He made a good play. Off the bat, I thought it had a chance just because its Petco in left field.The Padres, who were trying to extend their winning streak to a season-high six games, were assured of their fourth straight losing season. San Diego (75-82) can still finish with its best record in three seasons. The team went 76-86 in 2012 and 2013.Stubbs homered on the first pitch from Dale Thayer (4-4) into the Jack Daniels party deck atop the right-field wall, his 15th. It was the first run Thayer allowed in nine outings.It was the first good swing of the day for me, said Stubbs, who was 0 for 3 with two strikeouts up to that point. I was looking to be aggressive and he threw me a first-pitch slider and I was able to hit it the other way.Said Weiss: Hes got a lot of power. Weve seen him shrink some big parks.Rymer Liriano was shaken up after slamming into the wall trying to make the catch but remained in the game.Rivera sent a high drive to left opening the Padres eighth, but Barnes leaped to make the catch.With the potential tying run on second base and two outs in the eighth, Rockies second baseman DJ LeMahieu made a nice diving stab of Alexi Amaristas grounder and threw him out to end the inning.NL batting leader Justin Morneau went 1 for 4 with an RBI single to drop to .319, two percentage points ahead of Pittsburghs Josh Harrison, who also went 1 for 4.Juan Nicasio (6-6) allowed one hit in a scoreless inning for the win. LaTroy Hawkins pitched the ninth for his 23rd save in 26 chances.Rockies lefty Jorge De La Rosa had allowed only three hits through five scoreless innings when the Padres tied it at 2 in the sixth with three straight two-out hits.De La Rosa allowed a leadoff single to Jedd Gyorko before striking out Rivera and Yasmani Grandal. Tommy Medica singled before Liriano and Amarista each had an RBI base hit.Padres lefty Robbie Erlin lasted four innings, allowing two runs and six hits. He was making his second start since missing four months with a sore elbow. He allowed RBI singles by Morneau in the third and LeMahieu in the fourth.MORNEAUS PLATEAUMorneau is four hits shy of 1,500 career hits. In 43 games since the All-Star break, he is hitting .331 (63 for 160).TRAINERS ROOMPadres: RHP Odrisamer Despaigne threw in the bullpen as the team contemplates whether to give him another start. Despaigne complained of pain on his right side after his last start Friday against the Giants. Black said an MRI didnt show any structural damage, just irritation. ... OF Carlos Quentin (knees) is going to try and play next year, Black said. Quentin was restricted to 50 games this year.UP NEXTRockies: LHP Yohan Flande (0-5, 4.91 ERA) will make his second start and third appearance against Padres. Flande was a hard-luck, 4-1 loser to San Diego on Aug. 12.Padres: RHP Joe Wieland (0-0, 4.55) will make his second start of 2014 in San Diegos home finale. Hakeem Olajuwon Rockets Jersey . Torres scored the first goal by an English team in the knockout phase of the Champions League this season when he met Cezar Azpilicuetas cutback in the ninth minute of their first leg match in the last 16. But Chelsea failed to make the most of its counterattacks and the Turkish champions equalized in the second half after gaining in confidence and cutting out their defensive mistakes. Austin Rivers Jersey . - Wesley Matthews got a chance to practice his bow-and-arrow 3-point celebration on Sunday night. http://www.therocketsofficial.com/Authentic-Gerald-Green-Rockets-Jersey/ . Gough finished in fourth, 0.433 seconds behind American Erin Hamlin, who took the bronze medal at the Sanki Sliding Center in Rzhanaya Polyana. WASHINGTON -- Washington Nationals rookie pitcher Tanner Roark wanted to keep going. He had thrown 101 pitches -- 23 more than hed ever thrown in a single game -- but still wasnt ready to call it a night. "I said, Nice game. He said, You sure Im through?" Nationals manager Davey Johnson said as he began to smile. "I said, Yeah, youre through." Roark was through, but Washington certainly isnt. The right-hander threw seven shutout innings, and the Nationals beat the Atlanta Braves 4-0 to sweep a day-night doubleheader Tuesday, ensuring the Braves leave Washington without the NL East title. The Nationals entered the nightcap, which followed their 6-5 win in the makeup of a series opener postponed by a shooting rampage a day earlier at the nearby Navy Yard, within 4 1/2 games of Cincinnati for the NLs second wild-card berth. Washington, which has won 10 of 11, has 11 games remaining. Roark (7-0) allowed just two hits, struck out six and retired the final 13 batters he faced. Johnson even seemed to make up a word -- "posure," apparently a cross between poise and composure -- to describe Roarke. "Its not smoke and mirrors right now," first baseman Adam LaRoche said. "When you get guys coming down to first talking about how good his stuff is, some really good hitters that are praising him, it says a lot." After being called up in August, Roark was making just his third start. "Im just trying to do the same thing as I was doing all year and not trying to change anything," Roark said. "Keep the same mentality, a bulldog mentality, not giving in to anybody in any sense." Roarke and the Nationals got cushion in the eighth inning, when Ryan Zimmerman hit a home run, Ian Desmond hit an RBI double and Adam LaRoche hit an RBI single. Steve Lomardozzi had a second-inning RBI single off Freddy Garcia (1-2). Denard Spans fifth-inning single extended his hitting streak to 28 games, breaking a tie with Colorados Michael Cuddyer for the longest in the major leagues the last two seasons. The Braves have lost nine of 13, but they still lead the division by eight games over Washington despite the sweep. "We need to start playing a little better baseball and start swingiing the bats," Atlanta manager Fredi Gonzalez said. PJ Tucker Rockets Jersey. "I like where we are, our position, but theres still baseball games to be played, and weve just got to get back on a roll again." Craig Kimbrel had converted 37 consecutive save chances since early May, and Andrelton Simmons began the day with the second-best fielding percentage among National League shortstops. But they conspired to blow a three-run lead in the ninth inning of the first game. Simmons allowed Spans grounder off Kimbrel to bounce through his legs as two runs scored on the game-ending play. Pinch-hitter Chad Tracy had an RBI grounder against Kimbrel as Washington kept Atlantas magic number at four for clinching the NL East for the first time since the Braves streak of 11 consecutive division titles from 1995-05. A sweep of the day-night doubleheader would have sealed the division for Atlanta. Kimbrel (3-3), who leads the major leagues with 47 saves, blew a save chance for just the fourth time this season. In the ninth, LaRoche walked on a full count, Wilson Ramos reached on an infield single and Anthony Rendon walked on a 3-2 pitch. After Tracys grounder, Atlanta elected to pitch to Span with first base open, and he hit a three-hopper over the mound that rolled past Simmons into centre field. Span was given an RBI, with the second run scoring on the error. Ian Krol (2-1) faced two batters in the ninth, giving Washington its first win in seven home games against Atlanta this year. Before the games, both teams stood in front of their dugouts, heads bowed, and a colour guard was stationed behind home plate during a minute of silence to pay tribute to the people killed Monday and those affected by the shootings. NOTES: RHP Stephen Strasburgs bullpen session Monday went "great," Johnson said. Strasburg is set to start Thursday against Miami after missing Fridays turn due forearm tightness in his pitching arm. . Adm. James Winnefeld, the vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, greeted players in the Nationals clubhouse before the game, handing out blue and gold Navy caps to wear during warmups. . Freeman became the first Atlanta player with 100 RBIs in a season since Chipper Jones and Jeff Francoeur in 2007. ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

NEW YORK -- New England defender Kevin Alston has been voted Major League Soccers Comeback Player of the Year after returning fr
The last stop on the road to Super Bowl XLVIV drew a record audience on CTV. [url=http://www.soccerusateamonline.com/Tim-Ream-Am

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz