ModernMusic.de

-Chinese GP edition of the F1

#1 von zxlbxj1 , 18.07.2018 10:10

Rachel Homans champion curling rink will have a different look next season. Longtime second Alison Kreviazuk is leaving the Homan team next month after deciding to move to Sweden to be with her boyfriend. Joanne Courtney of Val Sweetings rink will join Homan, lead Lisa Weagle and third Emma Miskew next season. Kreviazuk will close out her 13-year run with Homan at the April 15-20 season-ending Grand Slam Players Championships in Summerside, P.E.I. "Its been something that Ive been considering for a while," Kreviazuk said Tuesday in an interview from Ottawa. "But I gave my team the heads up a couple months ago and just gave them the idea that this was something I was thinking of, so they may want to consider their options. "Theyve made an extremely great choice with Joanne. I think shes going to be a perfect fit for the team." The announcement was made two days after the Homan rink won silver at the world championship in Saint John, N.B. The Canadian side dropped a 9-5 decision to Switzerlands Binia Feltscher in the gold-medal game at Harbour Station. "It definitely didnt affect our performance," Homan said. "If anything, we wanted it that much more." The Ottawa-based team won the Scotties Tournament of Hearts for the first time last year and went on to win bronze at the 2013 world championship in Riga, Latvia. Kreviazuk has spent the last decade curling with Homan and Miskew while Weagle joined the team four years ago. "Ali is an amazing curler and such a wonderful person, shes difficult to replace," Weagle said. "But I think in Joanne weve found someone who is a phenomenal curler and in my opinion, the best womens sweeper in the world. I think that she will be a good fit for our team. "It will be different but were excited about what the next four years have in store for Team Homan." Kreviazuks peers voted her the winner of the Frances Brodie Award for sportsmanship at last weeks world championship. The 25-year-old also won silver at the 2010 world junior championship as the teams alternate. "I think our progress is what was so tremendous," Kreviazuk said. "Every year we kept improving. Each year there (were) new opportunities. It was such a pleasure to play with (them). "Every year there was something to celebrate." Kreviazuk, who worked at a car dealership for two years before becoming a full-time curler this season, has yet to make a decision about her curling future. Her boyfriend, Fredrik Lindberg, plays second for Swedish skip Niklas Edin. Sweden won Olympic bronze at the Sochi Games last month and took the world title last year in Victoria. "Obviously were sad that shes leaving but Im really happy that shes made a decision that makes her happy," Homan said. Courtneys rink finished second to Homan at the national championships last month in Montreal. The 25-year-old from Edmonton plans to live in Ottawa during the curling season. "We feel Joanne is a great fit with our team and someone who shares our team goals and passion for the game," Homan said. "It will be a big change but we are excited that she has decided to join us for the next Olympic cycle." Sweetings team reacted to the news on Twitter. "Surprised and unfortunate to see her go but we wish Joanne the best of luck with (at)TeamHoman .curling," the team said in a tweet. Courtney has also represented Alberta at two Canadian Interuniversity Sport national championships. "I was honoured to be asked to join Team Homan," she said in a statement. "I have played against them on numerous occasions so I know what kind of talent they bring to the table. I know I have big shoes to fill in replacing Alison and I cant wait to get on the ice with them to start preparing for next season. "I had a wonderful run with Val, Dana Ferguson and Rachelle Pidherny and I cant thank them enough for our seasons together." Courtney spent the last three seasons with the Sweeting rink, which is ranked 10th on the World Curling Tours order of merit. The skip was surprised when Courtney broke the news to her over the phone Monday night. "I didnt see it coming, especially based on conversations that had taken place within the team after the Scotties," Sweeting said from Vegreville, Alta. "I dont know when the offer came to her but it is what it is. When opportunities like that come around in curling, you have to take them. We understand, it happens. "Its unfortunate for us in this particular moment but all we can do is look forward and keep building." Sweeting added her team will take some time before deciding on a replacement. Derek Jeter Jersey .Mila Kunis was a guest on Kimmel last night and revealed a surprising side of herself that comes out when she watches sports. It turns out screaming something vulgar at professional athletes is therapeutic for Kunis. Yogi Berra Jersey . "I honestly dont know," he said. Try this: 20 points, nine assists and seven rebounds by Rajon Rondo, a 62-37 rebounding advantage by the Celtics and a horrible 4-for-30 shooting performance on 3-pointers by the Nets. http://www.authenticmlbshopyankees.com/R...Jackson-Jersey/. Kelli Stack and Alex Carpenter also scored for the Americans, who avoided a repeat of Finlands upset at the Four Nations Cup in Lake Placid, N.Y., in November. Finnish goalie Noora Raty made 58 saves in that one, but the three-time Olympian could stop just 40 of 43 U. Masahiro Tanaka Jersey . Not only that, when Julian de Guzman first stepped on the pitch for Deportivo de la Coruna he became the very first Canadian to play in Spains top tier. Jorge Posada Jersey . Prado stuck his glove down with Colorados Charlie Blackmon sliding into the bag, and quickly jumped back in pain after applying the tag. Prado held his left wrist as trainers came out of the Diamondbacks dugout to check him.Nico Rosberg has made the strongest possible start to the 2016 Formula 1 season - but will it mean he will end the 21-race campaign as world champion for the first time? Well, one man who thinks he will finally get beat reigning title holder Lewis Hamilton across a season for the first time at Mercedes, is Williams development driver Alex Lynn.Speaking on the post-Chinese GP edition of the F1 Report, Lynn explains why he thinks there has been a change in Rosberg over the winter - and how this will carry the 30-year-old German to his maiden F1 title.dddddddddddd Watch the full video above to get GP2 race winner and up-and-coming British driver Lynns take on the championship race.Watch the whole Russian GP weekend - LIVE ONLY on Sky Sports F1. The race begins at 1pm on Sunday May 1, with build-up from 11.30am. Or watch the race without a contract for £6.99 on NOW TV. Also See: WATCH: F1 Report - Chinese GP When is the Russian GP on Sky? Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Discount NFL Jerseys Stitched Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Outlet ' ' '

zxlbxj1  
zxlbxj1

Grand Slam of Curling in point
and hurting his elbow on a fall early

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz