ModernMusic.de

WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Vikings 2018 SeasonVikings 2019 Off

#1 von panxing18 , 23.07.2019 05:14

Differing positions Mike Remmers Jersey , same idea."seasonU.S. Bank StadiumMinnesota Vikings PodcastsNFL DraftNFL Draft ProfilesNFL Mock DraftThe top three players the Vikings should choose at #18New,33commentsDiffering positions, same idea.CDTShareTweetShareShareThe top three players the Vikings should choose at #18Football at just about every level is determined by three units on the field: quarterback, offensive line, and defensive line. Notice the last four teams remaining in last year’s playoffs: the four best teams at the line of scrimmage. Take it a step further and look at the Super Bowl: New England was the best coached team on the offensive and defensive line, and the Rams had arguably the highest level of talent on both sides as well.Now, look at the Vikings comparatively to both teams. Other than Aaron Donald, neither team has close to the level of talent on the defensive side of the ball, but neither were undone by poor offensive line play either. This is where the Vikings fell flat, and as deep as the 2019 draft class is for offensive linemen, more times than not, rookie offensive linemen do not make the impact expected coming in. That being said, there are other ways to protect the quarterback that go beyond the offensive line. For starters, running the ball effectively makes the quarterback less prone to hits even from a mathematical standpoint alone. It also helps to utilize multiple tight ends, and proceed to let the quarterback dictate if they are protecting, or going out for a pass. Thus Riley Reiff Jersey , my top choice falls there, and let’s get to it:1: T.J. Hockenson, Tight End, IowaIt’s not THAT often that a tight end is seen in the regard of Hockenson. There are analysts who firmly believe he could go in the top 10 picks of this draft, and more than likely could be the first skill position player off the board. Running back and wide receiver is not particularly impressive in this draft, which is quietly a major factor to Hockenson’s massive ascent up draft boards. His combine numbers were good as well, posting a 4.7 40 yard dash and a 37.5 inch vertical. He should put on some weight however, as 251 pounds is probably a little under what an NFL tight end should be playing at. His blocking however was outstanding in college, and that will go a long way to beef up the protection for Minnesota’s $84 million dollar quarterback. As a route runner, he’s one of the best as a tight end to have ever entered the NFL Draft. His tape shows tremendous fluidity moving laterally. I know the top need for the Vikings should be offensive line, but Hockenson would be too good to pass up on, and could have greater returns as far as immediate impact goes.2: Jonah Williams, OL, AlabamaLike Hockenson, it’s a massive stretch to believe that Williams will fall this far. However, the number of pass rushers and defensive linemen Latavius Murray Jersey , as well as teams who will reach for quarterbacks could perpetuate a drop for offensive linemen in what happens to be an excellent class for them. Per NFL.com, Williams allowed zero sacks and missed only 3 assignments on 920 snaps during the 2018 campaign. On tape, he’s not a mauler, but his footwork and quick hands make him difficult for defensive linemen to beat. What’s more, coming into the NFL with championship pedigree is something that can’t be coached, or quantified in contract negotiations. As per the CBA, the value of first round picks drops for the latter half of the first round. So, if he were to fall to the Vikings, the value would be as good as any, at least from a speculative standpoint. 3: Ed Oliver, DL, HoustonHeading into the 2018 season, there was a raging debate as to whether Oliver or Nick Bosa would be the first pick taken in the draft. But a year where Oliver had some durability issues that have seen his draft stock slide a bit, in some mocks to as far as pick 21 (Seattle). Nonetheless, there are scouts and executives who believe that Oliver is an Aaron Donald type player.A bit undersized with tremendous upper body strength and even better quickness. He also has a strong understanding of how offensive linemen are trying to block him from one play to the next, which is something that takes most defensive tackles in the NFL 3 years to properly understand (Linval Joseph is actually a good example of this). This pick definitely would be getting away from the Vikings greatest need of protecting Cousins George Iloka Jersey , but it’d be so tough to justify not taking a player who could be an all-pro talent on an already very good defensive line.If two of these players are available when the Vikings are on the clock, it could be their toughest 1st round decision in quite some time. Whatever Rick Spielman chooses, this pick could define the rest of his and Mike Zimmer’s tenure in the Twin Cities. With his MMA-trained hands knocking would-be tacklers out of the way, Chandler Jones has quietly become one of the best defensive players in the NFL.The league sack leader with a franchise-record 17 last season as an outside linebacker, Jones has switched to defensive end in the team's new scheme and is harassing quarterbacks as well or better than he has in the past.Take last week's 28-18 win at San Francisco, for example. Jones had six tackles, a sack, two tackles for loss, two quarterback hits, a forced fumble, a fumble recovery and a pass swatted down (preventing a two-point conversion). He was named NFC defensive player of the week for his performance."The standard that he put on tape this past week is what the standard is," defensive coordinator Al Holcomb said. "That's the expectation level for him. And we talk about that each and every day, being at his best on game day, coming to play and impacting the game because he can wreck a game."But Jones said he was nowhere near his best against the 49ers."I wouldn't say this is my best football," Jones said. "A lot of people might say that, but there were a lot of plays on Sunday that I left out there. I wish I could get them back. But that's the thing about football Matt Wile Jersey , you have the opportunity to correct those mistakes."Next up is a matchup with the Vikings Sunday in Minnesota, where the Cardinals will have to deal with Kirk Cousins and an array of big-play receivers.Jones expects a lot of attention."You're always getting double-teamed, being a pass rusher," he said. "You just have to be aware."In the offseason, Jones trains with his brother, MMA fighter Jon "Bones" Jones. It's helped in his endurance, Jones said, and "pretty much hand speed.""When you play the sport of football, whoever has the faster hands wins," he said.Holcomb said that when Jones plays like he did last weekend, it rubs off on everyone around him.It "picks up the other 10 men in the huddle," Holcomb said. "And they're trying to match his intensity and his play and his production."The Cardinals sent guard Jonathan Cooper and a second-round pick to acquire Jones in 2016. A year later, Arizona signed Jones to a five-year, $83 million contract with $53 million guaranteed. He's lived up to that kind of paycheck.Since 2016, Jones has 32 sacks, more than anyone else in the NFL. Von Miller is second with 27 1/2. He had seven more tackles for loss last season than any other player Rashod Hill Jersey , in addition to leading the league in sacks. But he does it without any bravado."He's one of the premier defensive ends in the National Football League," Holcomb said. "He goes about his business in a quiet-type fashion, which is fine. If he continues to play like this, which we're counting on him doing, the recognition will come."Jones said the accolades don't mean much."I get that question all the time about not getting national recognition," he said. "My biggest thing each and every season, even when I was back in New England, is just earning the respect and the trust from my peers, my co-workers, this locker room, the coaches, the training staff, everyone around here. I feel if I can get trust from those guys I have those guys telling me 'You're doing a good job' then I'm happy."

panxing18  
panxing18

BEREA, Ohio - Browns coach Mike Pettine brought a shovel to work, not a sledge hammer. [url=http://www.canadienssale.com/authent
A look at Miami Dolphins long snapper John Denney ahea

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz