ModernMusic.de

WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Vikings 2018 SeasonVikings 2

#1 von panxing18 , 11.07.2019 07:57

We’re getting closer to the draft Anthony Barr Jersey , folks!"019 OffseasonU.S. Bank StadiumMinnesota Vikings PodcastsMinnesota Vikings 2019 NFL DraftChris’ Minnesota Vikings Mock Draft v6.0: License to MockNew,51commentsWe’re getting closer to the draft, folks!CDTShareTweetShareShareChris’ Minnesota Vikings Mock Draft v6.0: License to MockConnection (Brandon Norris), updated 31 MarchOther teams using random Big BoardsClassic difficultyUser-voted Team Needs (G, OT, LB, DL, WR, TE, EDGE, C)Also, due to the lateness of the hour, I might not get quite as in-depth with the reasoning behind these picks as I usually might.As a reminder, here are the eight selections we start the draft with:There are no trade offers that come across before the picks begin to flow, and there aren’t any that come in when Pick #18 hits the board. Here’s what the Big Board looks like as we prepare to make our first selection:Three offensive linemen have come off the board thus far: Cody Ford went to Green Bay at #12, Jawaan Taylor went to Carolina at #16, and Jonah Williams went to the New York Giants at #17. As you can see, this board is certainly different than some of the other ones we’ve used, and it looks like we can probably hold off until the second round on jumping about the offensive line train. So, let’s fill in what might be the Vikings’ second-biggest position of need.Round 1, Pick 18 - Christian Wilkins, DT, ClemsonWith the departure of Sheldon Richardson, the Vikings are going to need someone that can step in and provide disruption in the center of the defense next to Linval Joseph. Wilkins is exactly the guy that can provide that. He’s got outstanding speed and quickness for a guy that tipped the scales at the Scouting Combine at 315 pounds, and would immediately slot in as the three-technique tackle in the Vikings four-man defensive front.As we get ready to start Round 2, a couple of trade offers roll in from a pair of AFC teams.Let’s take the Chiefs’ offer, because two second rounders are better than one, am I right?Two more trade offers roll in as we get ready to select twice in the span of three picks:Sorry, guys. . .not interested.Here’s the board:Round 2, Pick 59 (from Kansas City) - Erik McCoy, C, Texas A&MAs we’ve talked about with some of the players that the Vikings could potentially take on the offensive line, it’s likely someone’s going to have to move. As I’ve said all along, I think it’s better to move Pat Elflein to a guard spot than it is to move Riley Reiff inside, largely because Elflein has played guard at a high level in college in the past. McCoy is going to be an outstanding zone-blocking center, and that’s what the Vikings are going to be doing going forward. So Everson Griffen Jersey , he’s the guy.Round 2, Pick 61 (from Kansas City) - Kelvin Harmon, WR, North Carolina StateI had thought about Deebo Samuel here, but he’s likely going to be more of a slot guy, and the Vikings don’t need more slot guys with Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs on the roster. That and New Orleans took him at #60. In Harmon, the Vikings are getting a bigger outside target (6’3”, 220 pounds) that can become a factor right away in the red zone and, in all likelihood, become a significant contributor in three-wide sets.No trade offers to start Round 3, but we do get a couple as the time for our selection comes around.Just for kicks, I take the Cardinals’ offer and drop all the way out of Round 3, picking up the first selection in the three subsequent rounds. This just seems like a Spielman move to me, so what the hey?On to (virtual) Day 3 of the draft, where I’ve now managed to amass eight picks. . .two fourths, a fifth, three sixths, and two sevenths. Much like the wedding at the end of Spaceballs, we’re going to move on to the “short, short” version of this draft, as I’ll just put up the Big Board at the time of the pick as well as the selection, and I’ll be trying to fill the team needs from here on out as well.Here’s how things look when we kick off Round 4.Round 4, Pick 103 (from Arizona) - Benny Snell, RB, KentuckyAnd for our second fourth-round pick, which is actually our own.Round 4, Pick 120 - Jace Sternberger, TE, Texas A&MNow on to Round 5, and our lone selection in this round with the pick we received from the Cardinals.Round 5, Pick 139 (from Arizona) - Germaine Pratt, LB, North Carolina StateBack at the top of Round 6 with our final selection from the Arizona trade.Round 6, Pick 174 (from Arizona) - Martez Ivey, OT, FloridaNext up Kyle Rudolph Jersey , our second pick in the sixth round.Round 6, Pick 190 - Sutton Smith, Edge, Northern IllinoisLast, our Compensatory selection in the sixth round.Round 6, Pick 209 (Compensatory) - Gardner Minshew, QB, Washington StateLast, but not least, our two seventh-round Compensatory Selections, for which I’ll do one board for both.Round 7, Pick 247 (Compensatory) - Mike Bell, S, Fresno StateRound 7, Pick 250 (Compensatory) - Tyler Bowling, G, TulsaSo, here is my complete 11-man draft class for this simulation:If you’d like to see how the entire draft unfolded, you can check out all 254 picks at this link here.Let me know what you think, folks! Differing positions, same idea."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Vikings 2018 SeasonVikings 2019 OffseasonU.S. Bank StadiumMinnesota Vikings PodcastsNFL DraftNFL Draft ProfilesNFL Mock DraftThe top three players the Vikings should choose at #18New,33commentsDiffering positions, same idea.CDTShareTweetShareShareThe top three players the Vikings should choose at #18Football at just about every level is determined by three units on the field: quarterback, offensive line, and defensive line. Notice the last four teams remaining in last year’s playoffs: the four best teams at the line of scrimmage. Take it a step further and look at the Super Bowl: New England was the best coached team on the offensive and defensive line, and the Rams had arguably the highest level of talent on both sides as well.Now, look at the Vikings comparatively to both teams. Other than Aaron Donald, neither team has close to the level of talent on the defensive side of the ball, but neither were undone by poor offensive line play either. This is where the Vikings fell flat, and as deep as the 2019 draft class is for offensive linemen, more times than not, rookie offensive linemen do not make the impact expected coming in. That being said, there are other ways to protect the quarterback that go beyond the offensive line. For starters, running the ball effectively makes the quarterback less prone to hits even from a mathematical standpoint alone. It also helps to utilize multiple tight ends, and proceed to let the quarterback dictate if they are protecting, or going out for a pass. Thus Linval Joseph Jersey , my top choice falls there, and let’s get to it:1: T.J. Hockenson, Tight End, IowaIt’s not THAT often that a tight end is seen in the regard of Hockenson. There are analysts who firmly believe he could go in the top 10 picks of this draft, and more than likely could be the first skill position player off the board. Running back and wide receiver is not particularly impressive in this draft, which is quietly a major factor to Hockenson’s massive ascent up draft boards. His combine numbers were good as well, posting a 4.7 40 yard dash and a 37.5 inch vertical. He should put on some weight however, as 251 pounds is probably a little under what an NFL tight end should be playing at. His blocking however was outstanding in college, and that will go a long way to beef up the protection for Minnesota’s $84 million dollar quarterback. As a route runner, he’s one of the best as a tight end to have ever entered the NFL Draft. His tape shows tremendous fluidity moving laterally. I know the top need for the Vikings should be offensive line, but Hockenson would be too good to pass up on, and could have greater returns as far as immediate impact goes.2: Jonah Williams, OL, AlabamaLike Hockenson, it’s a massive stretch to believe that Williams will fall this far. However, the number of pass rushers and defensive linemen, as well as teams who will reach for quarterbacks could perpetuate a drop for offensive linemen in what happens to be an excellent class for them. Per NFL.com, Williams allowed zero sacks and missed only 3 assignments on 920 snaps during the 2018 campaign. On tape, he’s not a mauler, but his footwork and quick hands make him difficult for defensive linemen to beat. What’s more, coming into the NFL with championship pedigree is something that can’t be coached, or quantified in contract negotiations. As per the CBA, the value of first round picks drops for the latter half of the first round. So, if he were to fall to the Vikings, the value would be as good as any, at least from a speculative standpoint. 3: Ed Oliver, DL, HoustonHeading into the 2018 season, there was a raging debate as to whether Oliver or Nick Bosa would be the first pick taken in the draft. But a year where Oliver had some durability issues that have seen his draft stock slide a bit, in some mocks to as far as pick 21 (Seattle). Nonetheless, there are scouts and executives who believe that Oliver is an Aaron Donald type player.A bit undersized with tremendous upper body strength and even better quickness. He also has a strong understanding of how offensive linemen are trying to block him from one play to the next, which is something that takes most defensive tackles in the NFL 3 years to properly understand (Linval Joseph is actually a good example of this). This pick definitely would be getting away from the Vikings greatest need of protecting Cousins, but it’d be so tough to justify not taking a player who could be an all-pro talent on an already very good defensive line.If two of these players are available when the Vikings are on the clock, it could be their toughest 1st round decision in quite some time. Whatever Rick Spielman chooses, this pick could define the rest of his and Mike Zimmer’s tenure in the Twin Cities.

panxing18  
panxing18

The Jets have interviewed former Miami Dolphin
ing e-mail notifications informing y

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz