ModernMusic.de

on the disabled list with a str

#1 von zxlbxj1 , 17.07.2018 12:07

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- About two hours after Yoenis Cespedes made a defensive play for the ages, Collin Cowgill decided not to watch while the Oakland left fielder chased after his long drive in the 14th inning. Cespedes couldnt do a thing about this one as Cowgill delivered another resilient win for the Los Angeles Angels. Cowgill hit a two-out homer, and the Angels outlasted the Oakland Athletics 2-1 on Tuesday night for their fifth consecutive victory. The Angels bounced back after Cespedes kept it tied in the eighth with a throw that will be a fixture on highlight reels for years, cutting down Howie Kendrick at the plate with a 300-foot heave on the fly from deep down the left-field line. After five ensuing scoreless innings, Cowgill abruptly connected against Jeff Francis (0-1), driving a two-strike pitch just over Cespedes head into the bullpens beyond left field. "I was just hoping it had enough on it to get it over his head," said Cowgill, who had three hits. "That guy has made some incredible plays on us the last couple of times." Josh Hamilton drove in Mike Trout in the sixth for the Angels, who trimmed Oaklands lead in the AL West to 2 1/2 games. The Angels could have ended it earlier, but Albert Pujols and Kendrick both were thrown out at the plate -- although it was tough to blame Kendrick after Cespedes made his mind-boggling throw in the eighth. "Hes capable of doing just about anything on the baseball field, and thats just another example," said Jed Lowrie, who drove in Oaklands only run. The Cuban left fielder bobbled Trouts double and chased it down before his soaring throw went straight to catcher Derek Norris to nip Kendrick, who had already rounded third when Cespedes released it. "When that ball rolled to the corner, I thought Howie was going to score standing up," Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. "He threw a guided missile that was right on the money." Cory Rasmus (2-0) pitched two hitless innings for Los Angeles maligned bullpen, which yielded one run in eight excellent innings even without closer Ernesto Frieri, who had pitched in four straight games. Nick Punto doubled and scored on Lowries sacrifice fly in the eighth for the AL-leading As, who have lost four of six. "Hey, what can you do?" manager Bob Melvin said. "They played as hard as they could, both teams did. After a while, everybody is trying to win it with one swing. Unfortunately, we werent at our best today offensively." Pitching and defence dominated the latest meeting of Californias division rivals. Neither starting pitcher allowed a runner into scoring position until the sixth. Hector Santiago struck out eight during six innings of three-hit ball in his first start in five weeks for the Angels. Drew Pomeranz pitched seven innings of four-hit ball for the As, allowing only an unearned run. The Angels got a terrific fill-in start from Santiago, recalled from Triple-A Salt Lake after Tyler Skaggs went on the disabled list. Santiago lost his spot in Los Angeles rotation May 7 after going 0-6, but the Angels off-season acquisition from the White Sox limited powerful Oakland to three singles and one walk. "I had clean mechanics and felt like everything was smooth," Santiago said. "Thats what I went down there to work on, and the results came out." Santiago faced no real trouble until the sixth, when he struck out Josh Donaldson to strand two runners. Pomeranz yielded just two singles before Trout drew a leadoff walk in the sixth. Pujols reached on a throwing error when Donaldson, who made three throwing errors from third base Monday, tried to start a double play. Hamiltons single scored Trout, but Pujols ran straight through third-base coach Gary DiSarcinas stop sign and was easily thrown out at the plate. Oakland tied it against reliever Mike Morin after Punto hit a leadoff double. After Cespedes kept it tied, the As put two more runners on in the ninth, but Joe Smith got John Jaso to ground out. NOTES: Angels rookie Cam Bedrosian pitched two extra innings of one-hit relief. He is the 22-year-old son of 1987 NL Cy Young Award winner Steve Bedrosian. ... Angels SS Erick Aybar swung and hit Norris in the back of the head with his follow-through in the fourth. Baltimores Manny Machado twice did the same thing to Norris last weekend, and the As were furious after Machado expressed no remorse when Norris had to leave the game. Aybar immediately checked on Norris, who was fine this time. ... Donaldsons three throwing errors Monday all went to first base. Connor Williams Jersey .Y. - DeMarre Carroll felt as though he couldnt miss in the second quarter as he outscored the Brooklyn Nets 14-13 all by himself. Allen Hurns Cowboys Jersey . Bjoerndalen, who had failed to win any major race for two years before Sochi, writes in a Facebook entry that he is "full of energy and inspiration" after winning the 10-kilometre sprint and mixed relay at last months Olympics. http://www.shoptheofficialcowboys.com/El...Cowboys-Jersey/. Olsen, who is 6-foot-3 and 305 pounds, can play either centre or guard. The 25-year-old Olsen played 16 games and made four starts in 2012 with the New Orleans Saints. Mike White Cowboys Jersey . In the late match, Shinji Okazaki scored two goals to pace Mainz to a 3-2 victory at Werder Bremen. Goals from Milan Badelj, Maximilian Beister and Hakan Calhanoglu ended Hamburgs two-match losing run and kept Hannover winless in seven games. Marcus Martin Cowboys Jersey . Al Harrington, another former Knicks forward, scored 22 of his 24 points after halftime for the Nuggets, allowing them to withstand Anthonys attempt to rally the Knicks after his poor shooting had them behind until the final minutes of regulation. Anthony finished with 25 points and 10 rebounds, missing 20 of 30 shots in the Knicks sixth straight loss.ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Rajai Davis couldnt have drawn up his role in the Blue Jays two-run third inning on Saturday any better. Aboard on a lead off bunt single, pushed past the pitcher to the first base side. Follow it up with a stolen base and an advance to third on a ground ball before scoring on another ground out. Davis speed is the gift. It cant be taught. How he uses his speed to his advantage, particularly for stealing bases, is a product of years of work. "I think it just comes from a lot of experience," said Davis. "I think I have 251 minor league stolen bases and (259) in the Bigs. Thats a lot of experience right there. That alone, youve got an idea of what pitchers are going to do, what they want to do. They all seem to fall into the same rhythm or the same routine of things." Davis 36 stolen bases through Saturday tie him with Milwaukees Jean Segura for third-most in the majors. A significant number under normal circumstances, the fact Davis has appeared in only 80 games, 54 as a starter, makes the total even more impressive. "There are a number of people I can think of that have speed," said Davis. "Not all of them steal bases though. Its something you have to develop and its something you have to work on constantly. Its just like hitting, youve got to constantly get better and learn the pitchers and learn what they want to do and while youre doing it youve got to still remain calm, cool and collected." The process of becoming a base stealer, not just a fast runner, began immediately after Davis was drafted in 2001 by the Pirates. He sidled up to minor league instructors like Gary Redus, who stole 322 bases in a career that spanned 13 seasons, and Tony Beasley, who swiped 138 bags playing almost a decade in the minors. After moving on to San Francisco and then Oakland, Davis picked the brain of Rickey Henderson whenever he was around the Athletics facilities. Here, now, with the Blue Jays, Davis spent time this spring studying video and talking with roving base running instructor Tim Raines. Henderson and Raines are two of the all-time greats. "If you look at video, what are you looking for? Thats the key," said Davis. "Now you talk with them, theyll tell you what to look for. Theyve got some things that you can look for. But video, to me, is useless unless you know what youre doing, unless you know what youre looking for. Talking with them is gaining knowledge." He thrives on the cat-and-mouse game with the pitcher. Davis gets to first; he knows the pitcher is distracted by his presence. Hes used to diving back to the bag, the subject of regular pick-off attempts. Some mean business, others attempt to get Davis to shorten his lead. If Davis takes off, the pitcher wants his catcher to have a chance. Davis says Tigers right-hander Max Scherzer has one of the best pick-off moves in the game. He was impressed by Travis Blackley, a young left-hander in the Astros organization who came to Toronto with Houston for a series last month. Sometimes, he sees something he hasnt before. "This year, Ive seen David Price breaak out the step off move for the first time in my career," said Davis.dddddddddddd "Ive never seen him do that. Maybe he was trying to get better, trying to slow down the running game. Its always changing and youve got to adjust, got to think on the fly. It helps when youve got the experience dealing with a lot of times on base and stealing bases." Davis will be eligible for free agency for the first time this offseason. His future in Toronto is put into doubt by the business of the game. The Blue Jays have more than $100-million worth of guaranteed contracts for 2014 and arbitration eligibility for the likes of Colby Rasmus and J.P. Arencibia to deal with. Whether he fits into the budget, both term and money, is a matter for both sides to hammer out. Regardless, hell be in demand. Speed is always in demand. "I think the best thing for me is just to focus on what I need to do daily because whats going to happen in the future is just going to happen based on what I do daily," said Davis. "If I can continue to focus on doing my part, contributing, just staying focused on getting on base, stealing bases, doing what I do, I think that my future will take care of itself." REYES DOWN FOR WEEKEND Shortstop Jose Reyes has been playing with a sore right knee for about two weeks. The pain intensified toward the end of the Boston series and has reached the point where rest is needed. "I think Ive put a lot of pressure on the good leg because I dont want to put pressure on my ankle," said Reyes. "I think that caused a little problem there." Reyes missed 66 games with a sprained left ankle earlier this season. Until Saturday, he had started each of the 45 games since his return and had been removed from only three games, all blowout losses. He says he showed up to Tropicana Field intending to play but took the advice of trainer George Poulis and manager John Gibbons to take rest. Would he be available to pinch hit in a pinch? "If they need me Ill be ready in the dugout," said Reyes. The plan is to have Reyes return on Tuesday in New York. The Blue Jays have an off day on Monday. JOHNSON STAYING BACK Josh Johnson, on the disabled list with a strained right forearm, will split from the club when it heads to New York on Sunday evening. Hell continue to rest and rehab under the watch of team doctors in Dunedin. LIND UP A NOTCH Adam Linds two round trippers on Saturday moved him into sole possession of eighth on the Blue Jays all-time home run list. His 136 home runs with Toronto is one more than Ernie Whitts total. WHITE BOARD MESSAGE With a win on Sunday, the Blue Jays will take a series in Tampa Bay for the first time in six years. Its significant. Remember, because the Rays are a division rival, Toronto visits Tropicana Field three times a year for a total of nine or 10 games. Coaches and players recognize the importance. Someone, an unidentified Blue Jay, even took to the white board to jot down a message after Saturdays victory. "THIS TEAM HAS NOT WON A SERIES HERE SINCE 2007. LETS CHANGE THAT TOMORROW." Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL Jerseys Stitched NFL Jerseys China Womens NFL Jerseys ' ' '

zxlbxj1  
zxlbxj1

RE: on the disabled list with a str

#2 von HomeCareTampa , 10.10.2018 10:46

HomeCareTampa  
HomeCareTampa

r league contract with the Baltimore
r and the Mavs led by as many as

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz