ModernMusic.de

Bills vs. Bengals was second highest-rated preseason

#1 von liny195 , 13.06.2019 06:33

game in Buffalo since 2000 The Buffalo Bills’ previous preseason game against the Cleveland Browns may have been the highest-rated local TV event of the summer White Taron Johnson Jerseys , but Sunday’s matchup against the Cincinnati Bengals topped it, and then some. Rookie quarterback Josh Allen’s first start was the highest-rated television program of the summer as well as the second-highest rated preseason game since 2000, according to Alan Pergament of The Buffalo News. The Bills-Bengals tilt had a preliminary rating of 25.7. Pergament notes that the 2014 preseason Hall of Fame game, featuring the debut of rookie receiver Sammy Watkins, continues to be the highest rated preseason matchup with an average rating of 26.4.Surprisingly, the highest ratings were achieved after backup quarterback Nathan Peterman took to the field. The ratings hit a high of 27.9 from 6:15 p.m. through 6:30 p.m., which is about when Peterman was driving down the field for his first score.We don’t expect similar ratings for Thursday night. ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — Kyle Williams thought he had experienced close to every emotion before wrapping up his 13th and final NFL season.Turns out, there was room for one more before the Buffalo Bills defensive tackle entered retirement.With his team standing at midfield during pregame introductions Taron Johnson Jerseys 2019 , Williams was introduced last and got a standing ovation. It was when Williams entered the field that he noticed his wife, Jill, and their five children standing beside his teammates.Then came the tears.“I didn’t know that was going to happen,” Williams said. “I get past the goalposts and I see my family and I lost it. I’m fairly certain that that’s the first time I’ve openly boo-hooed inside the cage of a football helmet. And it will be the last, so first and last happened today. Just grateful, grateful for everything.”That reception, along with an actual 9-yard reception on offense in the fourth quarter — another first — in a dominant season-ending 42-17 win over the Miami Dolphins resulted in the ideal send-off for the 35-year-old player considered the heart and soul of the Bills over the last decade.“It is special for this team and this city to see how we played and how we wanted to play for him and send him out the way that we did,” said Bills quarterback Josh Allen, who had five touchdowns (three passing White Tre’Davious White Jersey , two rushing).Williams announced his decision to retire on Friday. The former fifth-round pick blossomed to become a dominant presence in Buffalo, earning five trips to the Pro Bowl while becoming a fan favorite thanks to his tireless work ethic.His final game featured a little of everything.Williams had one tackle for a loss — stuffing running back Kalen Ballage for a 3-yard loss in the first quarter — as part of a dominant defensive effort that resulted in four sacks and two interceptions.He was brought onto the field as part of a goal-line package and used as a decoy on Allen’s 1-yard plunge to open the scoring in the opening minutes of the first quarter.Then, in the closing minutes of the fourth, Williams made his first career reception to raucous applause.The Bills then took the unusual measure of taking a timeout after a fourth-down kneel with 1:19 remaining so Williams could get a final curtain call from the fans, who chanted “Thank you, Kyle!” in unison.“You don’t have those opportunities a lot to be able to do that,” Bills coach Sean McDermott said. “I know it’s more of a basketball type of deal, but to be able to put the defense back out there one more time it was more important to me that we honor Kyle’s career than it was to score potentially another touchdown.“I wanted to do it the right way.”Williams capped the day by circling the field to greet and say goodbye to the fans, many of whom wore his No. 95 jersey.“It was spontaneous Tre’Davious White Jersey 2019 ,” Williams said. “I was giving some people some fives on the way in and thanking them and it just really got to me — well, I can’t do a 10-yard section and not hit the whole place. So I also made a lap with my kids and they had an opportunity to enjoy it.”His three sons then followed him into the locker room, where they sat at Williams’ stall sipping Gatorade while waiting for their dad to shower and change.Williams finishes his career with 48½ sacks in 183 games — the most by a Bills defensive tackle.And he went out in style for someone who arrived in Buffalo not wanting to seek attention.Williams was difficult to miss on Sunday.“Yeah, the whole thing has been a little out of my comfort zone,” Williams said. “It was a great day. My family enjoyed it. My kids enjoyed it. We all get to enjoy it because we won.”

liny195  
liny195

Despite two unpopular moves of franchise tagging
Eli Manning‘s future as the starting quarterback of

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz