ModernMusic.de

interference review for obvious calls, but how

#1 von elaine95 , 18.05.2019 05:08

2 Winners Dwayne Washington Jersey White , 3 Losers from the Lions’ preseason finale loss to the Browns WinnersRB Dwayne WashingtonThough he likely won’t make the final roster, Washington looked like the only Lions player that wanted to play football on Thursday night and had himself plenty plays where I was thoroughly impressed. He had a nice blitz pickup that won’t show up on the stat sheet in which Jake Rudock promptly threw over his intended target’s head and if Washington’s lucky, some team out there will see his tape against the Browns and give him a shot.QB Matt CasselDespite the awful pick-six throw and awful statline, I think Cassel showed more poise in the pocket this preseason and has the edge over Rudock for the backup job. He has the experience and the better arm and that’s really what it mostly comes down to. Cassel being listed as a winner has less to do with his performance against the Browns and more to do with the fact that Rudock hasn’t done much at all to get a leg up over Cassel. Neither one of these guys have shown much to write home about, but that’s what we’ve got. LosersQB Jake RudockRudock was pulled before the first half even ended for Cassel, but came back in halfway through the third quarter and struggled for most of the game until fourth quarter preseason Rudock showed up. But he had that one really cool first-down scramble Sam Martin Jersey , right?Sadly, Rudock, to me, didn’t do nearly enough to etch himself in as the backup QB, as he averaged a paltry 4.7 yards per attempt in his last game of the preseason.I may have split these two QBs into one winner and one loser for the game, but roster cuts are looming Womens Jake Rudock Jersey , and it could very easily turn into two losers if the Lions decide to pick someone up off the waiver wire pretty soon.Rudock can barely hand the ball off correctly to his running back.S Rolan MilliganOnly this guy would get called for a defensive holding and still give up a 41-yard catch. He was already way on the outside looking in with one eye closed, and Thursday night’s performance was likely the nail in the coffin for his hopes at a roster spot. Lions fansProps to the fans that voted Toto’s Africa for song of the game, although I never want to associate that song with such a dull, pointless game like this. Anyway, I feel bad for anyone who spent the time to watch the entire game like I did and I hope at least one of you will be compensated with delicious pizza for your dedication. The Thursday before cut day will forever be the worst day of the year (April Fool’s is a close second). Earlier in the week, we discussed the merits of changing in the NFL overtime rules after the New England Patriots scored a touchdown on the opening drive of the extra quarter DeShawn Shead Jersey White , preventing Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs a chance at redemption. 77 percent of you said yes, the NFL does need to alter their overtimes rules.But that was only the second-most controversial moment of the conference championship games over the weekend. Despite the Saints having chance after chance to close out the Rams at home, focus after the game honed in on an admittedly horrible non-call. Drew Brees lofted a third-down pass to Tommylee Lewis, and before Lewis could make an attempt on the ball, he was leveled by a Rams defender. A pass interference call—which was 100 percent warranted here—would’ve almost certainly won the Saints the game, but the call was never made.This has led to many complaining about the current state of pass interference. Mainly Marvin Jones Jr Jersey White , many want to see pass interference become reviewable. So today’s Question of the Day is:Should pass interference be reviewable in 2019? My answer: No. I’ve stated this multiple times, but the last thing this sport needs is to make something that is inherently subjective subject to review. Many will claim to just save pass interference review for obvious calls, but how often does that actually happen? What happened to the Saints on Sunday was blatant, and while we all like to complain about the refs, it usually doesn’t get that bad.And think of all the subjective things that will still be nearly impossible to determine upon review. Was the ball catchable? Was the contact enough to prevent a chance at a catch? Was it intentional or accidental contact?Barry Petchesky of Deadspin really put it perfectly in his column “Football Needs Blown Calls.” Here’s an excerpt that I found particularly true:When the NFL made a catch reviewable, everyone assumed it would be a simple solution to a persistent problem. But what ended up actually happening was that we dissected a catch so intricately that the NFL rulebook-to-death’d trying to explain the unexplainable. Do we really want to start expanding the definition to pass interference to try and make something that will always be gray into a convoluted mess in an effort to try and make it black-and-white?I know the CFL has reviewable pass interference right now http://www.lionslockerroom.com/authentic-ricky-wagner-jersey , and I know it supposedly “works,” but can you really say for sure that it will hold up to the scrutiny of a much-more publicized NFL? Try as you may, officiating will always be a little subjective. It sucks for the team when that subjectivity goes wrong, but trying to make an inherently flawed system perfect will only further complicate things. Just deal with it.Your turn.

elaine95  
elaine95

Free agency frenzy is slowly dying down a bit — now is New England’s time to strike
We’re back for the final Jets coverage report of the 2018 season!

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz