ModernMusic.de

Chiefs vs. Broncos: How the Chiefs defense beats Denver It’s Saturday

#1 von panxing18 , 06.05.2019 09:31

at Arrowhead Pride Anthony Hitchens Jersey , so we’re moving on from the victory over the San Francisco 49ers and moving on to the Kansas City Chiefs’ matchup against the Denver Broncos in Week 4!This week, the Chiefs get their first matchup that isn’t against a supremely explosive or incredibly innovative offensive scheme. The Broncos are a good football team that moves the ball well on the ground but with less dynamic players and play-calls. They just line up and get the job done.This week, like every week, I’ll be heading down to the Laboratory to take a look at what the opposition’s offense looks like, some matchups and tendencies that they like to exploit and what the Chiefs defense can do to try to stop them this Sunday.The Broncos offenseTommy Gilligan-USA TODAY SportsThe Broncos went out this offseason and acquired free-agent quarterback Case Keenum, fresh off of a career year for the Minnesota Vikings in 2017. Keenum is an accurate quarterback who also attempts throws in tight windows, trying to throw players open. He’s still getting integrated with the rest of the players on this offense, with some up and down moments this season, but he’s done a good job managing the game and moving the ball.At running back, the Broncos are led by two rookies: Royce Freeman and Phillip Lindsay, with veteran Devontae Booker in the mix. Freeman has filled the traditional “lead back” role thus far after being picked in the third round. He’s a dangerous runner between the tackles and reads the gap well in their zone running schemes. Lindsay is more of the third-down back role, but his usage has increased on early downs, with great effect.The Broncos suffered a major blow at tight end this week, with Jake Butt suffering an ACL injury in walkthroughs. Jeff Heuerman, more of a blocking tight end, will try to pick up the slack, but the Denver offense utilized a fair bit of two-tight end sets that they’ll have to throw out until another tight end gets up to speed.Chiefs fans will be familiar with the Broncos wide receiver group, featuring Emmanuel Sanders and Demaryius Thomas. Both have been productive receivers for many years, and they continue to be quality receivers in 2018. Rookie addition Courtland Sutton has found a role already on the offense, and he’s used his big frame to make contested catches.The Broncos offensive line is an athletic group on the interior, led by left guard Ron Leary and center Matt Paradis. Right guard Connor McGovern is still a young player with not a ton of starting experience. Right tackle Jared Veldheer is a nine-year veteran, coming back to the AFC West from the Arizona Cardinals after years with the Oakland Raiders. 2017 first round draft pick Garett Bolles rounds out the offensive line at left tackle. This is a good run blocking group, helping Denver to the No. 3 rushing offense in the NFL in 2018. They have some struggles in pass blocking, and Bolles is coming off an especially poor game last week, racking up multiple costly penalties and allowing pressures.How to defendCounter runsWhile the Chiefs have had some success defending the run this year, they’ve had trouble against cutbacks and counters, losing backside contain. The Broncos like to use these counter runs to get the defense to flow to the play side, before cutting back and following a pulling blocker through an open gap.Shown above, the Broncos sell the run to the strong side with all of the offensive line blocking down, selling the look of a zone run. Thomas has motioned to the weak side of the formation, and the edge defender kicks out to read the pass off the snap. Freeman takes steps initially toward that side of the line, and the defense reads him and flows to the ball. Butt pulls across the backside of the formation, looking for work. However, the action was sold well enough that Freeman walks into the end zone untouched alongside Butt.The Chiefs have to make sure their backside defender stays active in the run game http://www.chiefslockerroom.com/authentic-chad-henne-jersey , and that their linebackers and safeties stay true in their run fits. Collapsing on the flow of the play is important against the Broncos zone run game, but having a weak-side defender flow through a backside gap can protect against cutbacks this week.Phillip LindsayWhile Freeman was drafted as the lead back this past year, Lindsay has the game-breaking ability that can really damage a defense.The above play is a busted coverage by the Seattle Seahawks, but it showcases Lindsay’s speed when he has the ball in his hands. It’s a simple flat route in which the coverage linebacker gets caught up in traffic inside, and that’s all the gap that Lindsay needs. He dashes up the sidelines, and the Seahawk defenders all either take poor angles or can’t catch Lindsay, who looks like he’s moving at twice the speed of the pursuit.While Lindsay shows good speed, he also shows fantastic balance. After hitting the hole with amazing speed from a delayed draw, he’s able to keep his balance with speed through the second-level tacklers, navigating a fine line through traffic. He sets up the safety from two steps out, then makes a jump cut to clear the third level and rips off a huge gain.Lindsay is a true talent with the ability to turn a single missed gap assignment or tackle into a major gain. He’s a one-cut-and-go style runner, while allows him to hit the hole at full speed and beat linebackers to the gap. If the Chiefs defensive line can help set the linebackers up to create a unified front this week, they can keep Lindsay corralled in the run game. In the passing game, they’ll need to make sure to key off of him and not allow easy completions in the flat that he can break open against the Chiefs slower inside linebackers.Keenum vs. pressureWhile Keenum typically reads a secondary well, he has made some very poor decisions this year under pressure. This is a simple four-man rush that gets pressure directly up the gut of the offense. Keenum has room to move out of the pocket, but instead opts to throw into the zone defense, trying to split the two linebackers. He doesn’t have the arm talent to zip it into that tight window off of his back foot, and the pass is intercepted by the underneath defender. Even if it wasn’t intercepted, the boundary hook defender would have laid a massive hit on the tight end. Keenum didn’t do his receiver any favors there, and he pays the price with a red-zone interception while trying to lead a comeback.Keenum has struggled to read and react to some of the looks teams have thrown at him this year. The Raiders show pressure from their inside linebackers on this play, and he shifts protection, with the running back covering the backside edge defender. The linebackers, showing blitz, drop into coverage, making it a four-man rush. Keenum still rushes the throw, even though the blitz isn’t coming, and he forces a ball into double coverage. The safety makes an easy interception, keeping the Broncos from putting points on the board in this red zone trip.The Chiefs can force poor decision making by Keenum simply by showing pressure and dropping defenders in their pass rush, alongside the positive results from pressure through the middle of the defense. Keenum has forced the ball across the middle of the field into tight coverage, both in man and zone coverages, especially in the red zone. Having Ron Parker, Anthony Hitchens and Eric Murray tight against middle of the field routes can result in some much-needed turnovers for the Chiefs defense this week against a quarterback that’s willing to give the ball away.The bottom lineThe Broncos are a fine offense, but they’re not quite to the level of the teams that the Chiefs defense have faced off to this point in the 2018 season. They run the ball well and can take the air out of the game by pounding the rock and chewing up clock.However, the Chiefs spent the 2018 offseason completely revamping their run defense for games such as this. A stouter Womens Sammy Watkins Jersey , faster front than in previous years matches up well with the Broncos offense. While they’ll allow some yards around the edges of the defense, the Chiefs defense in the early stages of the game will be very strong in its interior.Keenum won’t test the defense vertically in the same way that they’ve seen out of several offenses this year, and that should help for a defense that has had some struggles keeping a lid on the top of the secondary. While Keenum has done well picking apart some zone defenses, the Chiefs can definitely lean on their man defense this week to shut down the Broncos wide receivers, as the tight end position won’t offer the same threat as the previous three weeks.This game screams the ability to be controlled by the Chiefs four-man rush. The Broncos are 25th in the league in pressure rate, per Football Outsiders, with a pressure allowed on 32.8 percent of the passing snaps this season. Even though the Chiefs weren’t able to find much pressure in the first two weeks, last week showed the ability to get home with their front four. I’d expect pressure from Dee Ford, Justin Houston, and a big game from Chris Jones this week.I feel like the game script will start very similar to the rest of this year, with the defense holding early, the offense getting up big and the opposition having to play catch up. The Broncos haven’t proven to have the same ability to move the ball and put points on the board this season, so this week looks like a much more comfortable game for the Chiefs defense. The Kansas City Chiefs had just defeated the Oakland Raiders 35-3 to conclude the season, wrapping up the AFC West championship and home-field advantage in the playoffs.The M-V-P chants from the fourth quarter were still echoing across the parking lots and inside the halls of Arrowhead Stadium as Chiefs coaches and players took their turns speaking to the media.As always, head coach Andy Reid addressed injuries first.“As far as injuries go, Derrick Nadi, he had a concussion,” Reid said. “That would be one, and then Jordan Lucas had a stinger, and they came out of the game. Other than that, I think we are going to be pretty healthy there and I think they will bounce back pretty quick.”Reid was also asked whether he felt good about the chances of injured Chiefs starters like Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, Sammy Watkins and Eric Berry being available for the first postseason game a week from Saturday. “I think so.Larry had a good week. The other guys — Sammy had a good week. The other guys have all been out there and going through practice, or at least parts of it. I think the week off will help us get healthy and where we need to be.”Reid gave a lot of credit to his assistant coaches for the victory.“I am proud of our team and the job they did,” he said. “The guys came out with tremendous energy. It started with our defense — the big plays they made, the turnovers. I thought Bob Sutton had a great game plan and the guys executed. Eric Bieniemy had a phenomenal game plan, as did Dave Toub. The coordinators I thought were spot-on.”But Reid also said that the possibility of playing at Arrowhead in the postseason — and shaking off the losses of the last two weeks — played a big part.“Listen, I mean I’m not going to tell you we didn’t want to play here. That’s a good thing,” he explained. “On the other hand, I would say just getting back playing good football. We just felt like we had kind of let off the accelerator a little bit there, and didn’t take care of opportunities we had. I think the guys wanted to bear down on it. It wasn’t going to happen again in their minds.”Photo by Peter Aiken/Getty ImagesReid always expresses his thanks to the fans in the stands, but on Sunday, he seemed to appreciate it more than usual.“I’d like to just thank our fans,” he said. “They were phenomenal tonight. I mean, extraordinary Jordan Lucas Jersey , phenomenal. We came of off two losses here and we are getting close to New Year’s, it’s cold and they could’ve just stayed home, but they didn’t. Everyone showed up and they were incredible. Our players feed off that. Now we have another opportunity to play here. We can’t wait to bring whoever it is — we don’t know yet — here with our home-field advantage.”During the game, quarterback Patrick Mahomes had thrown his 50th touchdown and passed 5,000 yards on the season, thereby becoming only the second player to achieve that feat.Reid was asked if he would have predicted the incredible record-breaking season Mahomes has had.“You never know. I am not much of a crystal ball guy,” Reid shrugged. “I know he had a good foundation that was set — Alex Smith was a big part of that and helping him understand what this league is all about — but who knows?“In this game, you don’t know week-to-week,” he continued. “You go out and do your best. You work hard, and you keep that process going every day, every week that you have an opportunity to do so — and he did that. Does it surprise me? Nothing he does really surprises me. I saw that the first year. You don’t know, but heck, I still think he can keep growing. We haven’t seen the end of it.”For his part, Mahomes said he didn’t even know how to put the season into perspective.“When you’re in the moment, you’re not really thinking about it. It’s a credit to my teammates. The offensive line kept me up all season long, guys were making plays on short passes that were scoring touchdowns and it’s a combination of all that with Coach Reid calling these great plays.”Jay Biggerstaff-USA TODAY SportsHis teammate Justin Houston said that Mahomes has a different focus than his own records.“If you talk to Pat, we have bigger goals than that in mind,” Houston said. “Right now we are just focused on the next game. We want to put this behind us.“Like I told everyone in the locker room, it means nothing if we don’t take advantage of this opportunity,” he continued. “We have one game coming up. That’s our focus. We need to do what we have to do to attack this game. One game at a time. We only have one game.”Tyreek Hill — who set a new franchise single-season record for receiving yards in the game — expressed a similar thought.“It was amazing, but I feel like none of that means anything to us,” said Hill. “We are all trying to reach a goal, and that is the Super Bowl. Head down, we are all focused. Like I said, it feels great, but right now I just want to win a Super Bowl.”Travis Kelce — who briefly held the NFL single-season receiving yards record for tight ends on Sunday afternoon — was equally dismissive of the records.“The individual accolades in this game alone I think are a bit overrated,” he said. “It’s an ultimate team game. We’ve got 11 guys out there trying to push for one goal — and sure enough, we achieved that today as a team. I’m ecstatic to finally get home-field advantage for the playoffs... bring everyone to Arrowhead... first round bye. That’s what these fans deserve.”While many fans can’t forget the many years of disappointments in the postseason, Houston said he and his teammates don’t even think about it.“That’s behind us. That’s old news,” he said. “You don’t focus on the past. Don’t let the past poison your future. We are focused on the future now, and we are getting ready for whoever we have to play. We are going to take advantage of this opportunity.”

panxing18  
panxing18

HOW STUDENTS CAN MAKE THEIR ASSIGNMENTS STAND OUT AMONG THE CROWD

#2 von Johnalexa , 06.05.2019 09:41

If you want to get in your professor’s good side, you should go the extra mile with your all college work. One of the best approaches is to submit assignments on time and aim for the best grades. You can also meet your professors in office and ask them questions to show your interest. If you volunteer you professor for some work, they will remember you as a hardworking student. You can set apart from your classmate for the sake of standing out from the crowd.
However, for more convenience, our Assignment HelpAssignment Help writers are here to offer you 24*7 guidance. No matter what type of assignments you have, we leave no stone unturned to make your assignments different from others. We take full care of plagiarism and other citation work within the scheduled time frame.

Assignment Help

Johnalexa

The bales are generally collected by
Rams quarterback Jared Goff has rapidly descended from an MVP c

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz