ModernMusic.de

HOUSTON -- Xavier Sua-Filo had a two-year layoff between his first season of football at UCLA and his final two years, thanks to

#1 von jinshuiqian0713 , 14.07.2018 05:43

HOUSTON -- Xavier Sua-Filo had a two-year layoff between his first season of football at UCLA and his final two years, thanks to a Mormon mission. Alex Rodriguez Jersey . The guard, taken by the Texans with the first pick in the second round on Friday night, believes the time off helped him improve as a player and a person. "Obviously I was away from the game for two years, but I think it helped me be physically more mature and mentally more mature and helped me just become a better football player," he said. "When I came back I was an older guy. I was more suited to be a leader at UCLA. I look at it all positive." Despite a need at quarterback, the Texans went with another position again after selecting defensive end Jadeveon Clowney with the No. 1 overall pick on Thursday night. They continued that trend in the third when they took Iowa tight end C.J. Fiedorowicz with the 65th pick. Houston traded the first pick in the fourth round (101st overall) and the first pick in the fifth round (141) to the Eagles to move up and select Notre Dame nose tackle Louis Nix at No. 83. Despite their need at quarterback, the Texans have also drafted defensive end Jadeveon Clowney with the No. 1 overall pick and guard Xavier Sua-Filo in the second round and picked up tight end C.J. Fiedorowicz with the 65th overall pick. Nix started eight games in 2013 and finished with 27 tackles and two tackles for losses. Houston general manager Rick Smith said Friday night that he still believes there are some good quarterbacks left in the draft. "Weve done a lot of work on quarterbacks throughout the process because it is a position -- wed like to be able to draft quarterbacks and develop young quarterbacks and thats certainly something that we want to do," Smith said. "But we will always do that with corresponding value. So if theres an opportunity for us to do that (Saturday), we certainly will entertain that." In 2009, Sua-Filo became the first true freshman in UCLA history to start 13 games before leaving for his mission in Alabama and Florida. He picked up right where he left off in 2012 when he started 14 games at left guard for an offence that averaged 466.5 yards a game. He split time between left guard and left tackle last season and won the Morris Trophy as the Pac 12s top offensive lineman. Sua-Filo isnt sure how the Texans will use him, but hes looking forward to showcasing his versatility in Houston. "I can play either," he said. "I just want to get in there and I want to compete and contribute and help the team as best as I can." Fiedorowicz had 30 receptions for 299 yards and six touchdowns last season. Houston re-signed tight end Garrett Graham this off-season, but lost tight end Owen Daniels in free agency. The 6-5, 265-pound Fiedorowicz said he has always looked up to New England tight end Rob Gronkowski and that despite his own skill as a blocker he wants to prove he can be a well-rounded tight end. "I feel like Im going to really prove to everybody that Im a dual-threat," he said. "Im going to catch the ball, Im going to block on the edge and do everything (OBrien) asks." Sua-Filo has fashioned his game after veteran New England Patriots guard Logan Mankins and raved about his skills. "I love the way he plays," Sua-Filo said. "I think hes physical. I think hes nasty. You know, I try to implement as much from his game that I can." The 6-foot-4, 307-pound Sua-Filo, perhaps unsurprisingly, is looking forward to the culinary delights in Houston. "The whole state of Texas is pretty great, but Im looking forward to eating at Pappadeaux and Whataburger," he said of the Houston-based Cajun restaurant and the burger-chain, which started in Corpus Christi, Texas. Nix started eight games in 2013 and finished with 27 tackles and two tackles for losses. He cant wait to join a defensive line with 2012 Defensive Player of the Year J.J. Watt and Clowney. "I never thought ever in life that would happen," Nix said. "Im super excited." Paul ONeill Jersey . Hes recovered from a scary injury and cleared to play. Mingo, who was hospitalized with a bruised lung he sustained in an Aug. Gary Sanchez Jersey .com) - The Carolina Hurricanes placed defenseman John-Michael Liles on injured reserve Tuesday. http://www.authenticmlbshopyankees.com/Austin-Romine-Jersey/ .C. -- With a chance to start over and maybe drive in any series he wanted, Juan Pablo Montoya thought long and hard about what mattered most at this stage of his career.Seattle, WA - Seattle Sounders FC will attempt to extend their lead atop the Western Conference on Monday as the club welcomes the Los Angeles Galaxy to CenturyLink Field. The Sounders sit six points clear of second-place Real Salt Lake at the top of the West, and Sigi Schmids side will be attempting to collect a fifth win in six league games when his men come up against the Galaxy. You can watch the game live tonight on TSN2 starting at 10pm et/7pm pt. Seattle returns to league action for the first time in two weeks after notching a 2-0 win over Cascadia Cup rivals Portland. Clint Dempsey scored in the 76th minute against the Timbers to hand his team the lead, and Marco Pappa added a second goal to secure all three points for the Sounders. Pappas goal was his second this season and the second goal he has scored in the past five games. With DeAndre Yedlin away on international duty with the United States, Pappas defensive responsibilities on the left side increased, and Schmid believes that the 26-year-old has shown signs that his game is continuing to develop. "I see his game continuing to grow and develop," Schmid said of Pappa. "Theres some good, good defensive moments hes given us on the flank, and that was nnever considered a trait of Marcos. C.C. Sabathia Jersey. Hes on the field because he helps our attack, not because we want him to be a great left side defender, but hes got to do some of that work and has really grown as a player. He has found a mix and he knows how to find those pockets of space, which are really important." The Galaxy saw their eight-match unbeaten run ended last weekend at Sporting Kansas City in a 2-1 defeat, and the club will be eager to get back in the win column in an effort to climb toward the top of the conference. Los Angeles went behind in the 10th minute to a Benny Feilhaber free kick before Lawrence Olum scored just after the hour mark to double the advantage. Robbie Keane found the net for the Galaxy 11 minutes from time to notch his 10th goal of the season and his third in the last two games, but his team was unable to equalize. "The more I get on the ball, the more I can make things happen," Keane said. "Ive done that my whole career and the way we play certainly suits my style of play. But at the end of the day, weve lost the game. We gave up a good goal, then scored a good goal to get back (into the game). We showed good spirit in the second half and gave a good battle." NFL Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Discount Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Jerseys NFL China NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713
Evergreen

The Pittsburgh Penguins have taken control of their series with the New York Rangers, winning Game Four to push the Blueshirts t
KANSAS CITY, Mo

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz