ModernMusic.de

Angels (78-81), who can finish .500 with a sweep.Fiers (12-7, 3.31) is 5-1 since the A’s acquired him from the Detroit Tigers on

#1 von elaine95 , 30.01.2019 08:55

ATLANTA — Julio Teheran has made five consecutive starts on Opening Day for the Atlanta Braves and has two All-Star Games on his resume http://www.whitesoxfanproshop.com/authentic-frank-thomas-jersey , but where the right-hander might fall in a postseason rotation remains in doubt.At least Teheran is a solid starting candidate now after appearing to be on the outside looking in during the first four months of what was shaping up as a very disappointing season.The victim of too many walks and home runs much of the season, the 27-year-old from Colombia is on the upswing as he faces the Washington Nationals on Saturday in the middle game of a weekend series at SunTrust Park.Article continues below ...Teheran (9-7, 3.95 ERA) has quality starts in five of his past six outings and has posted a 2.33 ERA with a 34-to-12 strikeout-to-walk ratio and just two homers allowed in that span.The Braves (83-64) kept their lead over the Philadelphia Phillies at 7 1/2 games while reducing their magic number to nine with a 10-5 victory over the Nationals on Friday night.The victory was the sixth straight for the Braves and left the Nationals (74-74) facing near elimination at 9 1/2 games back. Atlanta’s magic number against Washington is down to six.Two-time defending National League Cy Young Award winner Max Scherzer couldn’t hold down the Braves in the series opener and now the Nationals turn to right-hander Jeremy Hellickson (5-3, 3.57 ERA), who just came off the disabled list. Teheran hasn’t shown the velocity he once had, but his command and off-speed pitches have been much better of late. “My last four starts I’ve been feeling really good,” Teheran said. “I’ve been feeling that I have all of my pitches, and I think that’s been the difference.”Teheran was at his worst in a home start against the Nationals in early April, giving up three homers and five runs in 2 1/3 shaky innings that included six hits and three walks.Ryan Zimmerman and Bryce Harper took him deep in that game Bobby Jenks Jersey , as did former Nationals pitcher A.J. Cole, although Teheran escaped with a no-decision. Homers made for a rough debut season at SunTrust Park for Teheran last season. This season, walks at home and away have been the bigger issue.Opponents are batting just .198 against Teheran, but he has surrendered 73 walks in 159 1/3 innings.“I know every time that I walk (a batter), they score a run,” he said. “I try to put that to the side and try to make pitches.”Despite his rough outing against the Nationals, Teheran is 4-2 with a 3.81 ERA and 11 homers allowed in 15 home starts compared to 5-5 with a 4.13 ERA and 13 homers in 13 road starts.Teheran took a loss at Washington in mid-April but worked six solid innings. He is 6-5 with a 4.12 ERA in 20 career starts against the Nationals.Harper has feasted on Teheran, batting .450 (18-for-40) with eight home runs.Hellickson, sidelined by a right wrist sprain http://www.whitesoxfanproshop.com/authentic-michael-jordan-jersey , made his last appearance for Washington on Aug. 15 and has been limited to 18 starts this season because of two stints on the disabled list.Neither injury was caused making a pitch. He had to leave a start against the Braves on June 3 after two batters when he strained his right hamstring covering first base, then suffered the sprained wrist when he tumbled covering home plate.Hellickson is 2-0 with a 3.18 ERA in six career starts against the Braves. The Oakland Athletics are firmly locked into an American League wild-card spot heading into the final weekend of the regular season, and they have a slight chance of hosting the one-game playoff if they can sweep the Los Angeles Angels.The series begins Friday night at Angel Stadium, and the A’s sit two games back of the Yankees for the top wild-card spot in the AL.New York (98-61) and Oakland (96-63) split the six games this season, but the Yankees own the second tiebreaker by virtue of a better intra-division record.Article continues below ...New York closes out the season with a three-game series at the AL West-leading Boston Red Sox. One victory by the Yankees this weekend will lock up home-field advantage for the wild-card game next week.“We’re just continuing the good baseball we’re playing and trying to ride it into the postseason,” A’s first baseman Matt Olson told mlb.com after hitting a grand slam in a 9-3 win against the Seattle Mariners on Wednesday.A few Oakland players have some personal milestones within reach as well.Khris Davis, who played college baseball just a few miles away from Angel Stadium at Cal State Fullerton, has a major league leading 47 home runs, five ahead of J.D. Martinez of Boston.The last Oakland player to lead the majors in home runs was Mark McGwire Carlton Fisk Jersey , who hit 52 in 1996.“There’s a lot more to play for right now than just numbers,” A’s manager Bob Melvin told reporters after the win on Wednesday. “When you’re not in it, that’s kind of the focal point, but we’re lucky enough to try to do both.”Mike Fiers is scheduled to start on the mound for the A’s in the series opener against the Angels (78-81), who can finish .500 with a sweep.Fiers (12-7, 3.31) is 5-1 since the A’s acquired him from the Detroit Tigers on Aug. 6. Oakland also won its first seven games with Fiers on the mound before both lost 5-4 at the Tampa Bay Rays on Sept. 16. He rebounded Saturday and held the Minnesota Twins to one run and four hits over six innings, but did not received a decision in the 3-2 walk-off win.“I’m going out there every start giving it everything I got just like every other guy in this clubhouse,” Fiers told mlb.com after his latest outing. “Everyone leans on each other every night, and I feel like it’s always someone different to get it done.”Fiers faced the Angels when he was still with Detroit on May 30 http://www.whitesoxfanproshop.com/authentic-jose-abreu-jersey , allowing one run and seven hits in 5 2/3 innings. He did not receive a decision in the 6-1 victory.In nine career starts against the Angels, he’s 3-3 with a 5.16 ERA. Angels center fielder Mike Trout is 6-for-17 in his career off Fiers with four doubles and a home run.Angels right-hander Jaime Barria wil try to conclude his rookie season on a high note.Barria (10-9, 3.54) is 5-2 in his past 11 starts with a 3.19 ERA.He began the season by going 5-1 with a 2.48 ERA before experiencing an 0-6 stretch over seven consecutive starts from June 12 to July 21. Barria has not faced the A’s this season.“He’s got great feel on the mound,” Angels manager Mike Scioscia recently told mlb.com.

elaine95  
elaine95

matching his total in 82 games last season
when he was hit by a pitch and suffered a chip fracture

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz