ModernMusic.de

He was suspended two days later

#1 von elaine95 , 30.01.2019 07:25

SEATTLE (AP) — Robinson Cano knows he wasn’t fluid or dazzling Monday night in his return to baseball.Especially returning to a completely new position at first base.The eight-time All-Star began his rehab assignment with the Seattle Mariners‘ Triple-A affiliate as he prepares for his return from an 80-game suspension for violating baseball’s joint drug agreement.He played eight innings at first base for the Tacoma Rainiers http://www.indiansfanproshop.com/authentic-yan-gomes-jersey , making three nice defensive plays. And in four plate appearances, he had a hit and walk before departing for a pinch runner in the eighth inning.“I am just happy to be back on the field,” Cano said. “The past few months, I have just been waiting for this day. I am happy that everything went good today.”Primarily a second baseman his entire career, Cano is expected to play first base, third base and some second base during this rehab assignment.At times Monday, Cano looked fidgety at first base.“It is really different,” Cano said. “You have to bend and stretch your legs. It is hard on me. Right now, everything is sore.”But he held his own at a new position.In the third inning, he applied a tag on Colorado Springs’ Dylan Moore during a stolen-base rundown. In the fifth Kenny Lofton Jersey , he scooped up a short-hop throw from third baseman Seth Mejias-Brean. And in the seventh, he stretched to snare Mejias-Brean’s high throw at the bag.Later in the seventh, Domingo Santana hit a sharp grounder at Cano, which deflected off the infielder’s glove. It was ruled a single.Cano said he put in a lot of work back in the Dominican Republic, and even consulted with Albert Pujols, of the Los Angeles Angels, and Edwin Encarnacion, of the Cleveland Indians about some of the nuances of playing first base.“The hard part, you have to keep in your mind on every ground ball, you have to go to the bag http://www.indiansfanproshop.com/authentic-jim-thome-jersey ,” said Cano, who played first base for the first time in 2,531 major- or minor-league career games. “That was the first thing I had in my head – don’t be late and be ready for every ground ball.”Cano is expected to serve as the Rainiers’ designated hitter on Tuesday. He will have Wednesday off, then go off to Single-A Everett for four games starting Thursday. After that, he is eligible to return to the Mariners on Aug. 14 while the team is in Oakland.Cano had not played a game in 85 days, not since fracturing the fifth metacarpal on his right hand after being hit by a pitch May 13 at Detroit. He was suspended two days later.He was hitting .287 with 23 RBIs in 39 games prior to his injury. The St. Louis Cardinals are releasing veteran relief pitcher Greg Holland, according to MLB Network's Jon MorosiandFancred'sJon Heyman.Per Morosi, Holland plans to sign with a contender for the stretch run.Following a brief run as the Cards' closer, Holland was removed from that role in favor of Bud Norris in May.After going unsigned during the offseason, Hollandinkeda one-year Manny Ramirez Jersey , $14 million deal with the Cardinals on March 30.In 32 appearances, the 32-year-old righty went 0-2 with a 7.92 ERA and 2.24 WHIP. He also blew all three of his save opportunities.It represented a steep drop-off for Holland, who was named an All-Star for the third time with the Colorado Rockies in 2017.Although Holland's ERA last season was somewhat high for a closer at 3.61, his 41 saves were tops in the National League.Prior to signing with the Rockies, he spent six seasons as a member of the Kansas City Royals. He missed all of 2016 after undergoing Tommy John surgery.In three of four seasons from 2011 to 2014, Holland posted an ERA under 2.00 for the Royals.He twice finished in the top 10 in American League Cy Young award voting during his Royals stint, and he won the AL Mariano Rivera Reliever of the Year award in 2014.While Holland has been awful this season, he has 186 career saves and a ton of experience to his credit, which could make him worth a flier for a reliever-needy team down the stretch.

elaine95  
elaine95

“He took the role of many things for me
Snitker said.With one out and two runners

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz