ModernMusic.de

Especially second-year forward Clayton Keller

#1 von officialsbaseball , 02.01.2019 07:08

ST. LOUIS (AP) — Winnipeg Jets goalie Connor Hellebuyck didn’t mind the expanded workload on Thursday night.Patrik Laine Sean Monahan Jersey , Blake Wheeler and Kyle Connor each had a goal and an assist, and the Jets beat the St. Louis Blues 5-1.Adam Lowry and Brandon Tanev also scored and Mark Scheifele had a pair of assists as the Jets won their fifth season opener in six years. Hellebuyck made 41 saves and improved to 5-2 against St. Louis in his career.“I was having some fun out there, I was enjoying everything,” Hellebuyck said. “The guys made it so easy on me. I was able to square up and do my job. I think that’s the key.”Lowry’s unassisted short-handed goal at 5:51 of the third began a Winnipeg three-goal outburst in a span of 1 minute, 44 seconds to put away the game. Lowry’s breakaway came moments after Hellebuyck stoned Alexander Steen on a power-play chance.“He was unreal, just ridiculous,” Laine said of Hellebuyck. “Watching from the bench those saves he made. He was really good tonight and I think he was easily the best player on the ice tonight.”Wheeler scored 64 seconds later and Connor tipped one past Jake Allen at 7:35 to complete the flurry.“It didn’t take too long,” Blues coach Mike Yeo said. “It’s a breakdown that turns into another breakdown that turns into another breakdown. That can’t happen. At a point when we needed to keep pushing and find another level to our game, we took a step back.”The Jets outscored the Blues 4-1 in the third period, despite getting outshot 20-8. Jets coach Paul Maurice gave the credit to Hellebuyck.“Most of it was short-handed but you need your goaltender to be that good and he had a number of really good saves TJ Brodie Jersey ,” Maurice said. “You get a guy like that playing that kind of game, it inspires you to push a little harder. He had to be real good.”The Jets have won nine of their last 11 against the Blues and have outscored St. Louis 36-19 during that span.Vince Dunn scored late in the third period and Allen made 20 saves as the Blues lost their season opener for the first time in four years.Laine gave the Jets a 1-0 lead four minutes into the game with a power-play goal that deflected off of Blues defenseman Colton Parayko and past Allen.“I felt really good during the game,” Laine said. “I was able to create some good chances. I think it was a pretty good first game.”Hellebuyck made 22 saves in the first two periods, including a big blocker save on Ryan O’Reilly’s power-play chance late in the second, and got help from his post twice in the first.“It was tough to crack him,” O’Reilly said. “It happens some nights, but you’ve got to push through it and find a way to put it in.”FACE IN THE CROWDNHL Commissioner Gary Bettman attended the game and toured the future site of the team’s new training facility and the upgrades to the newly named Enterprise Center.“I took a tour of the building and the money that was spent was put to very good use,” Bettman said. “I don’t think this building has ever looked better.”NOTES: Blues C Robert Thomas and C Jordan Kyrou made their NHL debuts. … Jets LW Kristian Vesalainen, a 2017 first-round pick, picked up an assist his NHL debut. … Blues scratched D Joel Edmunson Womens Travis Hamonic Jersey , D Robert Bortuzzo and D Niko Mikkola. . Jets scratched D Dmitry Kulikov, LW Brendan Lemieux and C Marko Dano.UP NEXTJets: At Dallas on Saturday night.Blues: Host Chicago on Saturday night. GLENDALE, Ariz.-Sometimes winning a game depends not on how you’re playing or where you’re playing, but when you’re playing.And right now doesn’t appear to be the best time to be playing the Arizona Coyotes. The Tampa Bay Lightning already found that out, and now the Ottawa Senators must contend with an opponent that’s playing its best hockey in seasons.The Coyotes (5-5-0) were shut out three times while losing four of their first five games, an all-too-reminiscent beginning much like that of their 0-10-1 start a season ago. But they’ve since starting scoring goals – and winning – and they’ll go for their fourth consecutive victory and fifth in six games against the Senators (4-4-2) on Tuesday at Gila River Arena.Article continues below ...The Coyotes had only one four-game winning streak last season, from Feb. 12-17.“In the beginning (of the season), a lot of games we lost we played good, structured hockey and kept teams to low scores and low shots on nets but we just weren’t scoring,” forward Michael Grabner said. “The puck’s going in for a lot of guys now and it makes it a lot easier … a lot easier to be confident.”Arizona caught the Lightning at the right time Saturday Custom Los Angeles Kings Jerseys , playing the second half of a difficult back-to-back without injured Norris Trophy winner Victor Hedman and forward Ondrej Palat. The result was a 7-1 Coyotes victory that included two more short-handed goals, both by Grabner, giving them four such goals in two games – by most by an NHL team since the New York Islanders also scored four in 2000.“We’re No. 2 (in penalty-killing) and we’re taking pride in it, which is nice,” said coach Rick Tocchet, whose team has scored 22 goals in the past five games. “A long way to go, but I like the way they’re doing it.”“We’ve got a lot of veteran guys, guys who have killed (penalties) a lot,” said defenseman Alex Goligoski, who has a goal and two assists in the last two games. “We’re going out there http://www.hurricanesshoponline.com/authentic-andrei-svechnikov-jersey , going through our reads, and stuff’s been working out – and we’re burying pucks, too.”Especially second-year forward Clayton Keller, who has five goals in the past five games. He leads the team with seven points in two games. Thomas Chabot leads the Senators with 13 points (3 goals, 10 assists) in 10 games.Now, the Senators come in on a three-game losing streak, and off a difficult 4-3 loss to the Vegas Golden Knights on Sunday decided by a rare overtime penalty shot, by Jonathan Marchessault. The Coyotes are playing the third game of a five-game homestand having outscored Vancouver (4-1) and Tampa Bay (7-1) by a combined 11-2 in the first two games. Both opponents were coming off games against Vegas the night before.“Obviously, it was a tough schedule,” Lightning forward Ryan Callahan said.But an advantageous one for the Coyotes. Then again Brock McGinn Jersey Kids , maybe the NHL schedule makers owed Arizona a break after giving them 21 road games among their first 33 games last season.Ottawa is 0-1-1 so far on a three-game road trip, but center Matt Duchene prefers to look at the upside.“It’s a big point (at Vegas) and we’re staying at .500,” said Duchene, who has four goals and seven assists in 10 games. “If we get a win at Arizona it’s a solid road trip and we’ll go back home and get ready for the next challenge.”

officialsbaseball  
officialsbaseball

Hosts the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday.
The Coyotes are coming off two losses

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz