ModernMusic.de

CF Coco Crisp had most of the day

#1 von zxlbxj1 , 03.07.2018 07:05

SEATTLE -- Dallas Keuchel tried to deflect the praise of his manager and teammates after his second complete game in his last three starts. But there is no denying the stellar performances Keuchel has delivered over the last month. The Houston left-hander pitched a four-hitter in leading the Astros to a 4-1 victory over the Seattle Mariners on Sunday. Keuchel (6-2) struck out six, walked none and allowed just an unearned run that scored on a throwing error in the second inning. He went 8 2-3 innings in a victory over the Angels in his last start, the only thing keeping him from three straight complete games. "He is definitely in a groove right now. Its a joy to watch," manager Bo Porter said. Keuchel has been nearly unhittable in his last four starts. He has earned four victories, thrown two complete games, walked just one and struck out 28. Hes allowed just four earned runs with a 1.08 ERA over that span. "Hes been lights out," first baseman Marc Krauss said. "Hes been everything you can ask for and more lately." Keuchel said hes not trying to nibble at the strike zone anymore; an approach that cost him at times as a rookie last season. Instead, hes trying to be more aggressive with his pitches. "Im just trying to attack the zone," Keuchel said. "Im not trying to be too fine anymore. Thats what I did my rookie year and obviously I had more walks than strikeouts." "Im just trying to go out there and help the team to the best of my ability." Krauss and George Springer hit two-run homers off Hisashi Iwakuma (3-1), who allowed a season-high nine hits. Seattle took the early lead with a two-out rally in the second inning. Mike Zunino and Michael Saunders each singled to put runners on first and second. Cole Gillespie followed with a dribbler off the end of the bat up the third-base line. Keuchel fielded the ball and threw wide of first base down the right-field line as Zunino scored. Keuchel retired the next 14 batters and faced the minimum 22 batters after Gillespies single in the second. Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon wasnt as impressed with Keuchels outing. He called Keuchel "average" and put the onus on his offence for not getting the job done. "I saw average stuff," McClendon said. "We didnt swing the bats very good. At some point, youve got to stop giving credit to average pitchers. That becomes a broken record. At some point, weve got to start swinging the bats." Meanwhile, the Astros finally broke through in the sixth inning. Jose Altuve singled and Springer followed with a two-run blast to left field for his fourth homer in his last three games. It was also Springers seventh home run of the month. Krauss added his homer in the seventh to extend the lead to 4-1, matching the most runs Iwakuma allowed this season. NOTES: Houston optioned OF L.J. Hoes to Triple-A Oklahoma City following the game and recalled OF Robbie Grossman. Grossman is expected to return to the lineup as the teams every day left fielder. ... Houston C Carlos Corporan was the only Astros batter that failed to get a hit. ... Mariners OF James Jones had his streak of hits in his first 15 starts and last 14 straight games ended with a 0-for-4 performance. ... Seattle 2B Robinson Canos streak of reaching base in a career-high 31 straight games also ended with a 0-for-4 day. ... McClendon didnt rule out the possibility of LHP James Paxton rejoining the starting rotation following a rehab start for Triple-A Tacoma on Saturday night. Paxton allowed three runs (two earned) on four hits with two walks and five strikeouts in a 62-pitch outing. Paxton has been on the disabled list since April 9 with a strained left latissimus dorsi muscle. Dante Pettis 49ers Jersey .m. ET, CBSOPENING LINE — Packers by 3RECORD VS. SPREAD — New England 7-4, Green Bay 5-5-1SERIES RECORD — Tied 5-5. Jimmy Garoppolo 49ers Jersey . The defending champions’ roller coaster season included trading offensive star Percy Harvin in the midst of the team’s 3-3 start. That move that reportedly irked several Seahawk players, but one management saw necessary to save the team’s chemistry. http://www.49ersauthoritystore.com/. - A late-game interception by defensive back Malcolm Butler saved the Super Bowl for the New England Patriots. Fred Warner Jersey .The ruling takes effect on Jan. 1 and stems from the debate surrounding Paralympic champion Markus Rehm, an amputee who won the national long jump title competing with a carbon-fiber prosthesis. Dante Pettis Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla.OAKLAND, Calif. -- Jerome Williams glanced at Philadelphias schedule and realized he would be facing the Oakland Athletics yet again, with another new team. Three wins against the As, three different uniforms -- in the same season. What a thing. Williams pitched the Phillies to a 3-0 victory at Oakland on Saturday, adding to his wins against the As while with Houston and Texas earlier this year. The right-hander is the first pitcher since at least 1900 to have at least one win against the same opponent with three different teams in the same season, according to STATS. "Ive been aware of it since I knew I was going to pitch against these guys," Williams said. "That is crazy. For one, you would never think that you would face the same team. Obviously I was with the AL West so I knew I was going to face them, but coming over to the Phillies in interleague play, you didnt think you were going to face the team again. Its a good feat." Freddy Galvis hit a two-run homer in the seventh inning against Dan Otero (8-2), and Marlon Byrd added an RBI single in the eighth. No. 9 hitter Galvis reached double digits in RBIs. "As soon as I hit it, I knew it was a gapper. I tried to run fast. Then I saw it was gone," Galvis said. "Youre happy when you put your team in that position." Williams allowed four hits, struck out three and walked one in seven innings. The right-hander was 0-2 with a 4.08 ERA in his previous three starts. He was aided by double plays in the second and fifth innings. Oakland lost for the seventh time in 10 games, again failing to support its starting pitcher. The As squandered a bases-loaded chance in the second when Derek Norris grounded into an inning-ending double play. "Jerome doesnt really give in, so hes going to give you something over the outer part of the plate," Norris said. Drew Pomeranz gave the As all they hoped for from him in a spot start, allowing one hit and walking two in five scoreless inningss.dddddddddddd Manager Bob Melvin expected him to throw between 75-80 pitches and he finished at 86. Pomeranz escaped a bases-loaded jam in the first and retired 10 straight batters from there. The left-hander made his first start since another spot outing Aug. 27 at Houston. Jason Hammel will return to the rotation Thursday when he rejoins the club from his paternity leave. Ken Giles became only the second Phillies pitcher to earn a save this season, finishing the four-hitter on his 24th birthday for his first career save. Suspended closer Jonathan Papelbon has the other 37. "Its awesome. Im going to remember it forever," Giles said. "Ive been waiting for my time to come. Im blessed that I got the opportunity to get it on my birthday." Philadelphia earned just its third win in eight games at the Coliseum and improved to 2-4 on its final road trip of the year. TRAINERS ROOM Phillies: Oakland native Jimmy Rollins, still recovering from a strained left hamstring that has sidelined him since Sept. 8, expected a few family members in the stands Saturday but the infielder told some there was no pressure to come with him being hurt. Athletics: CF Coco Crisp had most of the day off until entering as a pinch hitter in the eighth. He had played 14 straight games since missing five with a strained neck. ... RHP Jarrod Parker, who has missed the season following a second Tommy John surgery, will travel to Arizona on Wednesday to continue his throwing program. He hopes to pitch at least twice off the mound this fall before shutting it down in November for the rest of the year. He hopes to be back by next June. UP NEXT Phillies: RHP A.J. Burnett (8-17, 4.40 ERA) tries to end a two-start losing streak when he makes his first start against the As since losing with the Yankees on July 23, 2011. Athletics: LHP Scott Kazmir (14-9, 3.44 ERA) looks to snap an 0-4 skid over his last five starts. He is 14-6 with a 4.31 ERA in 26 interleague starts. Stitched NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL China Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys China China Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

zxlbxj1  
zxlbxj1

over the final 5 minutes
Canada will in all likelihood need big

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz