ModernMusic.de

At the New Jersey Devils on Saturday night.

#1 von officialsbaseball , 14.12.2018 06:54

SAN JOSE Womens Johan Larsson Jersey , Calif. (AP) — There are easier ways to start a West Coast road trip than against the perennial Pacific Division power San Jose Sharks in their notoriously loud arena.That assignment was just fine with Columbus Blue Jackets forward Nick Foligno.“A team that comes out so hard at you, so you have to be in that mindset,” he said.The Blue Jackets’ mindset was right on point Thursday night.Foligno scored twice, Anthony Duclair had a goal and an assist and Columbus skated to a 4-1 victory over San Jose.“No matter what people say on the outside, we know better,” Foligno said. “Our identity is a hard-working, tenacious team, and then our skill takes over from there.”Sergei Bobrovsky made 44 saves as the Blue Jackets won for the third time in four games. Seth Jones also scored.“I felt like a part of the team and I did my thing,” Bobrovsky said. “I didn’t try to create too much and I didn’t need that. So I just focused on my things, played my game and just enjoyed Authentic Justin Bailey Jersey , had fun.”It was San Jose’s first regulation loss since Oct. 14 at New Jersey. The Sharks were 4-0-2 in their last six games since dropping three of four during a road trip.“We weren’t good enough to win the game,” coach Peter DeBoer said. “We were doing enough to hope to win. We have to do better.”The Sharks jumped in front on a power-play goal 11:50 into the first period. Logan Couture and Marc-Edouard Vlasic assisted on Kevin Labanc’s second goal of the season.But that was it for San Jose against Bobrovsky, and Columbus tied it on Duclair’s fifth goal at 16:30 of the first. Ryan Murray and Alexander Wennberg had assists on the play.The Blue Jackets went ahead to stay when Jones scored on a give-and-go with Duclair 9:15 into the second. Lukas Sedlak also had an assist on Jones’ second goal of the season.Foligno added a breakaway goal with 1:20 left in the period. Foligno slipped a backhand inside the left post past Aaron Dell.Foligno also had an empty-netter with 1:01 remaining.“We probably played our best game away from the puck,” Blue Jackets coach John Tortorella said.“We’ve done a lot of talking in meetings the last couple of days about, we’re not going to be a safe team, we don’t want to be a safe team, but that doesn’t mean you can’t play above the puck when we don’t have it. A lot of our offense comes from being above the puck and in transition we stop teams before they get to our blue line, because we have back pressure.”Dell made 23 saves.“It’s simple. We didn’t play well,” Couture said. “We didn’t pass well, we didn’t spend enough time in their end Kyle Okposo Jersey , we didn’t forecheck, we turned the puck over. Columbus played harder than us. They boxed out around the net. We didn’t do a good job of creating traffic around the net and when we did, that’s when we created chances. It was just few and far between.”NOTES: Blue Jackets C Brandon Dubinsky (oblique strain) participated in Thursday’s skate but hasn’t received medical clearance to play. The 32-year-old missed his 10th straight game but hopes to play on the team’s three-game West Coast trip. … Columbus failed to capitalize on its only power play. The Blue Jackets are 6 of 45 in that department (13.3 percent) on the season. … Sharks RW Timo Meier was back on the first line with Joe Thornton and Joe Pavelski. Meier started the season on the top line. … Couture extended his point streak to eight games.UP NEXTBlue Jackets: Visit the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday night.Sharks: Host the Philadelphia Flyers on Saturday night. TORONTO (AP) Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock acknowledged his team didn’t play very well Thursday night, and his players know things could become much more difficult if they have to deal with another injury absence for Auston Matthews.Tyler Bozak scored the shootout winner in the first round and Toronto squeezed out a 4-3 victory over the New York Islanders after Matthews left the game. He tipped in Jake Gardiner’s shot to tie it 3-all with 3:29 remaining in the third period, but exited with 1:06 to go in regulation favoring his right shoulder after being sandwiched by Adam Pelech and Cal Clutterbuck.Matthews did not return. The 20-year-old Toronto star missed six games in December with a concussion as the Maple Leafs went 2-4 without him. He sat out four games in November with an undisclosed upper-body injury.”Clearly he’s a big part of our team and going down the stretch we’re going to need him, so hopefully it’s not too bad,” teammate Nazem Kadri said.Babcock didn’t give much of an update and said the club would know more about Matthews’ status on Friday at practice.Mitch Marner and Morgan Rielly had the other Maple Leafs goals, and Frederik Andersen made 32 saves. Toronto (38-20-5) has won eight straight at home for the first time since the 2006-07 season.”Obviously, we weren’t very good,” Babcock said. ”Anybody who watches us regularly knows that we weren’t that good. Saw it coming yesterday in practice http://www.officialsabres.com/authentic-adidas-rasmus-ristolainen-jersey , talked about it then and our preparation wasn’t good enough.”Bozak beat Jaroslav Halak high blocker side for his third game-deciding shootout goal of the season. Bozak is tied for the NHL lead in shootout winners.”He is unbelievable at it. I mean, he always talks and jokes about it, how good he was back in the day, and he still hasn’t lost that touch,” Marner said. ”He’s been great for us in that category, but I mean, I think we’ve got to stop going that route. Thankfully we have him or else we might be in trouble.”Ryan Pulock, Mathew Barzal and Jordan Eberle scored for the Islanders (29-26-7), and Halak turned aside 28 shots. New York, tied with Columbus for the second Eastern Conference wild card www.blackhawksshoponline.com , dropped to 4-6-2 since the All-Star break and 13-15-3 on the road this season.With his three points, Barzal has a team-leading 65 and a 14-point lead over Brock Boeser of the Vancouver Canucks in the NHL’s rookie scoring race.Barzal has eight games with three or more points this season, one shy of Bryan Trottier’s franchise rookie record.”It’s unfortunate we couldn’t score (in overtime). It’s unfortunate to lose that extra point,” Barzal said.”We weren’t shy to push the pace early. (Clutterbuck) and (Casey Cizikas) finishing checks early kind of set the tone for the rest of us. I thought we played a pretty good game.”Pulock opened the scoring at 8:39 of the first period, one-timing Thomas Hickey’s feed past Andersen, who appeared out of position on the play after Eberle bumped into him. Barzal picked up the secondary assist.The Islanders’ rookie then doubled New York’s lead, backhanding the rebound of Anthony Beauvillier’s shot past Andersen for his 13th goal at 11:48.Marner got the Maple Leafs on the board at 17:39. After picking up a feed from Kadri, he showed patience while waiting for Halak to make the first move and then beat the goaltender between the pads for his 15th of the season. The goal gave Marner 10 in his last 16 games.Moments after the Islanders hit the post twice, Rielly tied it at 2 after taking Connor Brown’s pass and beating Halak high on the glove side for his sixth of the season at 1:28 of the third.New York responded 99 seconds later as Eberle’s centering pass redirected off Nikita Zaitsev’s skate and past Andersen. Barzal got the primary assist on Eberle’s 21st of the season.NOTES: Kadri’s first-period assist was the 300th point of his NHL career. He became the 35th player in Maple Leafs history to reach 300 points with the club.UP NEXTIslanders: At the New Jersey Devils on Saturday night.Maple Leafs: Conclude their three-game homestand against Boston on Saturday.—

officialsbaseball  
officialsbaseball

Benning spent seven seasons as the Boston Bruins
Other usually reliable forwards – including

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz