ModernMusic.de

before a key game at Portland on Sept.

#1 von jinshuiqian0713 , 13.12.2018 03:06

CALGARY -- Unlike her two previous Olympic Games, Mellisa Hollingsworth heads to Sochi, Russia, less of a favourite and more an underdog. Authentic Oscar Robertson Jersey . Shes fine with that. Hollingsworth, from Eckville, Alta., joined Sarah Reid and John Fairbairn of Calgary and Eric Neilson of Kelowna, B.C., as the first skeleton racers named to Canadas 2014 Olympic team Wednesday. Another man and woman may be added to the skeleton team in January. Reid, Fairbairn and Neilson are Olympic rookies. The 33-year-old Hollingsworth says her third Winter Games will be her last and she does not intend to bow out quietly. "Im definitely ready to step up to the plate," she declared. "Im still striving. Im not there to participate, Ill tell you that." Hollingsworth owns over 30 world championship and World Cup medals. The last time many Canadians saw her, Hollingsworth was tearfully apologizing on national television for finishing fifth in the 2010 Winter Olympics. Hollingsworth won a bronze medal in 2006, so the pressure to win a medal at home was enormous. Heading to Sochi, shes felt empowered by Canadians reactions to her public despair almost four years ago. "I feel a lot stronger from that experience," she said. "A lot of that has come from Canadas support of people not throwing me under the bus for not winning a medal at those Olympics. "That was a big eye-opener to know people are still behind you because of your character and not necessarily your result. Thats my definition of success right there." Hollingsworth was informed Sunday by head coach Duff Gibson, the 2006 Olympic mens champion, that she was going to Sochi. She won silver at the 2012 world championship, but felt short of the criteria for automatic nomination to the 2014 Olympic team. Reid and Neilson both met the standard of four top-six World Cup results last season and in the first half of this season. Fairbairn earned Canadas second male spot because he is currently Canadas top-ranked male in the spot. Hollingsworth ranked No. 2 among Canadian women behind Reid to earn the second female berth. "Sure, its not the way I came in every other Olympic year kind of on fire and leading the World Cup standings, but then again at those Olympics Games I didnt achieve what we thought I could," Hollingsworth explained. "I won an Olympic medal in Torino, but I was expected to win gold. Same thing in Vancouver." Canada had to rank among the top two countries in womens skeleton and in the top three in mens skeleton on Jan. 19 in order to qualify a third sled for both sexes. Defending Olympic mens champion Jon Montgomery was not among the group introduced Wednesday at a Calgary mall theatre. The Russell, Man., slider faces an uphill climb to claim the third mens berth should Canada get it. Montgomery took the 2011-12 season off from racing to build a new sled from scratch, but has yet to adjust to it and his results have suffered. Cassie Hawrysh of Brandon, Man., and Robynne Thompson of Calgary are in the running for the possible third position on the womens team. Reid, a bronze medallist at the 2013 world championship, and the experienced Hollingsworth are Canadas best chances to continue the countrys run of Olympic medals in the sport. Hollingsworth also tried a new sled this season that did not work for her. She didnt qualify at fall selection trials for Canadas World Cup team and opened the season on the secondary Intercontinental Cup circuit. When she had the opportunity to race a recent World Cup in Lake Placid, N.Y., Hollingsworth got back on the sled shed been on for a decade and a half and finished eighth. "I was doing everything possible to get on some new equipment and get onto that state of flow on a new sled and it just did not work for me," she explained. "I spent 15 years of my life learning the ins and outs of that sled that its become an appendage, another part of my body. I went to Lake Placid and felt like me again. This is the first time since the world championships in 2012 that Ive been this confident or this comfortable on my sled." For that reason, shes hoping to build momentum in the four World Cup races before the Sochi Games in February. "Im the strongest and the fastest Ive ever been," Hollingsworth said. "Im pushing a sled very, very well and now Im confident in my sled that I have, the old sled and knowing it can still go fast. "Ive got four more opportunities to see where things can go result-wise, but it really doesnt matter. What matters is Sochi." Authentic Nemanja Bjelica Jersey . -- Jay Haas and Peter Jacobsen took the second-round lead Saturday in the Champions Tours Legends of Golf, teaming for a 6-under 48 in windy conditions on the par-3 Top of the Rock course. Authentic Harry Giles Jersey . Sami Salo scored two goals as the Canucks overcame a hat-trick from Edmonton Oiler rookie sensation Ryan Nugent-Hopkins to win 4-3 in NHL action Saturday. http://www.cheapnbakingsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-zach-randolph-jersey . The 19-year-old Swiss centre back will initially have to impress in Uniteds reserve side to earn a spot in the first team. Veseli says "Manchester United has a long history of younger players coming through and hopefully I can follow and do the same.VANCOUVER -- Despite having not scored in nearly seven hours of play, the Vancouver Whitecaps remain confident their sputtering offence will eventually get back in gear. They really dont have any other choice. The Whitecaps head into Wednesdays home game against the San Jose Earthquakes without a goal in 411 minutes, a stretch of more than 4 1/2 games. Darren Mattocks was the last man to score for Vancouver, bagging the clubs second in the first half of a 2-0 victory over Sporting Kansas City on Aug. 10. Kekuta Manneh hasnt scored since May 3, while the once red-hot Erik Hurtado has failed to find the mark since June 7. Sebastian Fernandez -- who can play in midfield or as a striker -- started Saturdays 0-0 draw at B.C. Place Stadium against D.C. United alongside Mattocks, but was largely ineffective in his 68 minutes. In the midst of a 1-3-6 slide and with just two wins in a 14-game stretch that has seen Vancouver (7-6-13) tumble down Major League Soccers Western Conference standings, the Whitecaps know their youthful strikers need to start burying chances -- and fast. "They can score. I think theyve demonstrated this season of what they can do," said veteran defender Andy OBrien. "Its there. They can do it. Its just a matter of it coming, and hopefully it will come sooner rather than later. "Its important we stick together as a team. We can create chances, we can score goals. Weve demonstrated that this season and now is the crunch time where things need to come together." The Whitecaps were filling the net early in the season -- including a 3-2 victory over San Jose -- but have had to settle for a total of 13 ties, including five scoreless draws. "I think you have seen that (the strikers) are definitely good enough. I think the only thing we need to work on as a whole ... is just be more consistent," said defender Jordan Harvey. "Everybody has the talent -- youve seen it in years prior and this year, its just about somebody stepping up." Whitecaps head coach Carl Robinson has remained steadfast in his support of the beleaguered forwards, at least in public, but added they might be trying too hard at times to break the goose egg. Case in point from Saturday was Mattocks missing two great chances to score in the first half against D.C. "Top strikers in this league know how to keep a calm head and a cool head in front of goal," said Robinson. "I think sometimes when you havent scored in four games, you snatch at things and maybe you balloon it over the bar or you drag it wide, and thats whats happening at the moment." The Welshman said the failure in the final third falls to everyone, not just the men up front, on a Whitecaps team that was booed off the field by some fans last time out. "Can they do better? Yes. Can I do better? Yes. Two wins in fourteen games for us is not good enough," said Robinson. "We all need to be better, me included. Im in charge of these players and if theyre not doing it then Ive got to take responsibility for it, and I will." The Whitecaps endured similar summer sluumps in their first two MLS seasons, and goalkeeper David Ousted said that while no one has come out and vented to the media, that doesnt mean there isnt frustration in the locker-room. Authentic Buddy Hield Jersey. "I think everybodys disappointed. If theyre not disappointed I dont think they should be here," said Ousted. "I definitely think that you feel in the squad that were disappointed not getting the wins, but its also about putting things in perspective and having a positive mind." Vancouver currently sits one point back of the Portland Timbers for the fifth and final playoff spot in the West, while San Jose (6-10-9) is seven back of the Whitecaps heading into Wednesday. Vancouver has eight games remaining, while Portland has seven. OBrien said all of the players -- especially the young strikers -- are aware of whats at stake for a team that has been shut out in five of its last six games. "There has been a stage where lads have been coddled, and theres been a stage where lads have been told," he said. "In recent weeks, lads have been told what is expected of them. (But) its not being aired out in public, which I think is a good thing." Whitecaps midfielder Mauro Rosales, who has been one of the most energetic players on the pitch since arriving in a trade with Chivas USA last month, said the lack of goals is not due to a lack of effort. "This team has been working very hard to get the results, get the points and be the better team," he said. "Sometimes the things dont go in your favour and you have to accept it, but (also) keep working and keep moving forward. "We have to step up and finish the plays earlier. Not try to create the best goal -- just score." Robinson said tough times show the character of a club, and this period for the Whitecaps is no different. "You learn a lot more about your players now when youre getting thrown to the wolves maybe sometimes then you do when youre winning games of football," he said. "At the start of the year, I knew there was a lot of work that we needed to do and it wasnt going to happen over night for us, and it doesnt change now." San Jose comes into Wednesday having not won since Aug. 2 -- a stretch of 0-2-4 -- but tied Portland 3-3 on Sunday night in a game the Earthquakes led 2-0 and 3-2 thanks to a pair of goals from Chris Wondolowski, who now has 12 on the season. "Theyre definitely in the mix (for the playoffs)," said Robinson. "Anyones whos writing them off are pretty naive, to be honest. "Theres a number of points to play for and theyre a very good team." Notes: Mattocks was supposed to meet up with the Jamaican national team for Tuesdays friendly against Canada in Toronto, but he picked up an ankle injury on Saturday. Robinson said his status remains uncertain for Wednesday. ... Whitecaps defender Steven Beitashour missed out against D.C. because of a hip injury and its also unclear if he will play against San Jose. ... Vancouvers next game is away at FC Dallas on Saturday, before a key game at Portland on Sept. 20. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713
Evergreen

Marlins C Jarrod Saltalamacchia
Phillies RHP Kyle Kendrick

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz