ModernMusic.de

Close out the regular season Saturday

#1 von officialsbaseball , 07.12.2018 09:33

NEW YORK (AP) — Brady Skjei used overtime to redeem an earlier mistake and give Rangers coach David Quinn his first NHL victory.Skjei buried a wrist shot 37 seconds into overtime to lift New York over the San Jose Sharks 3-2 on Thursday night.“With three-on-three and his skating he’s going to be a threat http://www.losangelesramsteamonline.com/aaron-donald-jersey ,” Quinn said of Skjei. “It was a heck of a goal, that’s for sure.”Marcus Sorensen beat Skjei on his way to a short-handed goal for San Jose in the first period. Sorenson worked around Skjei with a nifty move and snapped a shot past Henrik Lundqvist’s glove at 4:31.That had Skjei looking to make amends.“You want to play with urgency all the time,” Skjei said. “We knew we needed to get one here quick. We did. Now we are ready to move on to Saturday.”New York’s Brendan Smith tied it at 2 with 2:39 remaining in the third with a one-timer from the slot. Pavel Buchnevich set it up with a backhand pass from behind the net.Aaron Dell made 24 saves and Brent Burns had two assists for the Sharks. Joonas Donskoi also scored in San Jose’s third stop of a four-game trip.Lundqvist stopped 41 shots and Brett Howden also scored for the Rangers.“I don’t know if we deserve it, but sometimes you just have to find a way,” Lundqvist said. “I think that sometimes more important than playing well.”Howden had a highlight-reel goal to even the score at 1 at 13:52 of the opening period when he put the puck between his legs and then Dell’s legs. The rookie moved up the depth chart prior to the game and skated alongside Chris Kreider and Mats Zuccarello. New York acquired Howden from the Tampa Bay Lightning at last year’s trade deadline as part of a package for defenseman Ryan McDonagh.“He’s impressed me since the first time I met him when training camp started,” Quinn said of the rookie. “I am not surprised by what he’s doing and how much confidence he’s gained from game to game. There’s no nonsense to his game in addition to having great skill. That’s a big component to having success at this level.”Burns helped the Sharks take a 2-1 lead at 4:59 of the second when he cleared the puck from his own end, setting up an odd-man rush. Antti Suomela delivered a perfect cross-ice pass to set up a tap-in for Donskoi.“I think it is pretty clear that we played a good hockey game,” Sharks coach Peter DeBoer said. “We didn’t give them much and I thought we created a lot. You have to tip your hat to Lundqvist, great goalie and that was a great effort by him to keep them in it through forty minutes.”Quinn became the second coach in Rangers history to join the franchise with NCAA experience, along with Herb Brooks. In Brooks’ inaugural 1981 season Authentic Todd Gurley Jersey , it took the Rangers four games to capture their first victory.“We didn’t play our best hockey tonight, that’s for sure,” Quinn said. “We know we have got a lot of steps to go. Knowing that we could win, getting that first win under our belt is huge, and we’re ready to keep going from here.”NOTES: New York Rangers defenseman Neal Pionk was scratched for the first time in his young NHL career. … Fredrik Claesson made his season debut for the Rangers. . The Rangers have earned at least one point in seven of their last nine meetings against San Jose, dating back to Oct. 19, 2014. . With career win 432, Lundqvist is now five wins away from tying Hockey Hall of Famer Jacques Plante for seventh place on the NHL’s all-time wins listUp Next:Rangers: Host the Oilers on Saturday.Sharks: Visit the Devils on Sunday. TAMPA, Fla. (AP) Nikita Kucherov reached a personal milestone and helped the Tampa Bay Lightning move closer to clinching the top spot in the Eastern Conference.Kucherov became the second player in the NHL to reach 100 points this season, and the Lightning took a two-point lead in the Atlantic Division by beating the Buffalo Sabres 7-5 Friday night.Kucherov scored in the first period and got his 100th point assisting on Dan Girardi’s goal 1:04 into the second that gave Tampa Bay a 4-2 lead.”It’s something special Todd Gurley Jersey Elite ,” Kucherov said. ”I’ll definitely remember it the rest of my life.”Edmonton’s Connor McDavid tops the league with 106 points. According to the NHL, this is the first season since 2009-10 with multiple 100-point players.The Lightning got two goals from Anthony Cirelli, while Yanni Gourde, Brayden Point and Victor Hedman also scored. Alex Killorn had three assists and Andrei Vasilevskiy stopped 27 shots.Tampa Bay can wrap up the division title and the best record in the East with a win in its season finale Saturday night at Carolina, or a loss by second-place Boston in either of its final two games.”Is there anything else that needs to be said?” Lightning coach Jon Cooper said. ”Win a hockey game, win the division.”The Lightning played their second consecutive game without center Steven Stamkos (lower-body injury), who is expected to be back for the playoffs.Casey Mittelstadt and Alexander Nylander each got his first NHL goal for the last-place Sabres. The Elias Sports Bureau says it was first time two Buffalo players got their first goals in the same game since May 3, 1995, when Curtis Brown and Wayne Primeau accomplished the feat.Jason Pominville, Jordan Nolan and Kyle Okposo also scored for Buffalo http://www.losangelesramsteamonline.com/todd-gurley-ii-jersey , and Chad Johnson had 27 saves.”We made too many mistakes,” Mittelstadt said.After Girardi scored, Buffalo got goals from Pominville, Nolan and Okposo, during a power play, to go ahead 5-4 after the second period.The Lightning rallied on third-period goals 47 seconds apart by Cirelli (6:15) and Point (7:02) in taking a 6-5 advantage. Hedman added an empty-netter.”We didn’t play well in the second and came back in the third, and played the right way,” Kucherov said.Sabres center Jack Eichel called the blown lead ”frustrating.””I thought, maybe, we got a little passive Authentic Cooper Kupp Jersey ,” Eichel said.The teams combined for five goals in the opening 9:40 of the game. Gourde, who put Tampa Bay up 3-2, set team records for goals (25) and points (64) by a rookie.Cirelli and Kucherov also had first-period goals for the Lightning, while Mittelstadt, on the power play, and Nylander scored the Buffalo goals.NOTES: Gourde’s goal was his first in 14 games. … This was the 22nd time in 81 games that Buffalo (16-1-5) led after two periods.UP NEXTSabres: Close out the regular season Saturday night at Florida.Lightning: Will look to extend their franchise-record breaking road win total to 26 against the Hurricanes.

officialsbaseball  
officialsbaseball

It definitely added a little more hop
New York Islanders with a 4.33 goals

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz