ModernMusic.de

authentic-brandon-guyer-jersey

#1 von elaine95 , 07.12.2018 09:02

CHICAGO — The Chicago Cubs have always found reason to remain optimistic despite the times this season when they have struggled to score runs. The reason? Boasting the National League’s best record and holding down the top spot in the Central Division have kept them from losing hope.But as the Cubs wind down the regular season this week starting with Tuesday’s game against the Pittsburgh Pirates Yonder Alonso Jersey , the reality of a tight-knit race in the Central and the inability to push runs across at critical times no longer can be ignored.The Cubs were unable to do their part in reducing their magic number following a 5-1 loss to the Pirates on Monday in which Chicago left the bases loaded once and stranded a runner in scoring position with the Cubs trailing by a pair of runs. Chicago’s lone run on Monday came on a solo home run by pitcher Cole Hamels.Article continues below ...“The offense has taken a hit — there’s no question,” manager Joe Maddon told reporters earlier this month, according to the Arlington Heights Daily Herald. “There’s just no other way to look at it. I think we have to find that within ourselves.”As the Cubs finish off this week against divisional rivals, they face an increasingly growing possibility they could face either the Milwaukee Brewers or the St. Louis Cardinals in the playoffs as the two NL Central foes currently hold down the top spots in the wild-card race.“Who has the advantage (in the playoffs)? I don’t know. Whoever pitches better that night has the advantage,” Maddon told reporters Monday, according to the Chicago Tribune. “It’s hard to do something different or new because both sides know each other pretty well. I totally agree with that. I’ve worried about that in the past, but I think I’ve learned not to because if you trust your players and put everyone out there and you’re in good health http://www.indiansfanproshop.com/authentic-jose-ramirez-jersey , you have just as good a shot as they do.”But before the Cubs can turn their focus to the postseason, they must still find a way to finish strong this week.Mike Montgomery (5-5, 3.75 ERA) will take the mound for the Cubs on Tuesday. Montgomery is coming off a solid six-inning effort against the Arizona Diamondbacks, who he held to one earned run and four hits while striking out eight. Montgomery is 3-0 with a 2.30 ERA in nine career appearances (three starts) against Pittsburgh.Chris Archer will face Montgomery as he looks for his third victory since joining the Pirates earlier this season. Archer (5-8, 4.49) allowed just one run and six hits and struck out eight over seven innings in his last outing against the Kansas City Royals. Archer is 1-1 with a 3.00 ERA in three career starts against the Cubs.After Jameson Taillon shut down the Cubs on Monday, Archer hopes to build on his recent performance.“The one thing I hang my hat on is making starts and pitching deep into ballgames,” Archer said after his last start Bradley Zimmer Jersey , according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “Giving up way more runs than I wanted to this year, but the thing that frustrates me the most is my average innings. It has to be the lowest of my career, but there’s a correlation. The better you pitch, the deeper you pitch into games.” His St. Louis Cardinals lost Monday's game to the Cincinnati Reds 2-1, but right-handed pitcher Daniel Poncedeleon had a memorable major league debut.The 26-year-old didn't allow a single hit through seven innings, although he was pulled from the game before the eighth after throwing 116 pitches. Cincinnati rallied to win with two runs in the ninth off closer Bud Norris, the last of which scored on a single up the middle by Dilson Herrera.While the Reds earned the victory http://www.indiansfanproshop.com/authentic-brandon-guyer-jersey , the story was Poncedeleon and his incredible performance, especially in the context of his journey to the major leagues.St. Louis Cardinals CardinalsDaniel Poncedeleon was on tonight! 馃敟 kldB12JWDiJason Owens of Yahoo Sports detailed the frightening injury he suffered while pitching for the Triple-A Memphis Redbirds on May 9, 2017. Then-Chicago Cubs prospect Victor Caratini hit a screaming line drive off Poncedeleon's head, and the pitcher suffered a fracture and epidural hematoma (bleeding in his brain).He underwent emergency surgery to relieve the pressure on the brain and needed months of rehab before returning to the diamond.MLB MLB14 months ago, _ponce14 was hit in the head by a line drive. Today, he made his MLB debut. Never give up. ybpaotfS6C"I don't know if words can describe that. Talk about magical," Cardinals manager Mike Shildt said after Monday's contest Erik Gonzalez Jersey , per ESPN.com. "What he dealt with, what he has come back from, making his MLB debut, throwing seven innings without giving up a hit鈥攖hat's what's magical about this game and special about this game is stories like that."This was Poncedeleon's major league debut, but he has impressed for Memphis this season with a 9-3 record, 2.15 ERA and 103 strikeouts in 92 innings.The Cardinals are sitting in fourth place in the National League Central behind the Cubs, Milwaukee Brewers and Pittsburgh Pirates http://www.indiansfanproshop.com/authentic-josh-tomlin-jersey , but if Monday's performance was any indication, Poncedeleon can help them attempt to close the gap.

elaine95  
elaine95

in the Cy Young Award balloting five times
put the new arrival on the disabled

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz