ModernMusic.de

shall not have on his person

#1 von elaine95 , 07.12.2018 08:16

ANAHEIM Jeremy Hellickson Jersey , Calif. (AP) — The Anaheim Ducks raised Paul Kariya’s No. 9 to the Honda Center rafters Sunday night, honoring the high-scoring forward who became a Hall of Famer.The Ducks celebrated Kariya’s career before their game against Buffalo with an emotional event ending with the hanging of Kariya’s banner alongside the No. 8 of Teemu Selanne, Kariya’s longtime linemate and close friend.“Thank you for making tonight the most memorable night of my life,” said the 44-year-old Kariya, who voluntarily spent several years at a distance from hockey and the Ducks after his playing career ended in 2010 due to concussions.Kariya was the first draft pick in the history of the then-Mighty Ducks, and he spent his first nine NHL seasons with Anaheim. He scored 300 of his 402 career goals for the Ducks and served as their captain for seven seasons, leading them to their first Stanley Cup Final in 2003. He joined the Hockey Hall of Fame last year alongside Selanne.“He’s so humble,” Selanne said. “He almost thinks he doesn’t deserve this honor, but I don’t care.”Kariya and Selanne have the only retired numbers in Anaheim’s 25-year franchise history, although the Ducks will retire Scott Niedermayer’s No. 27 next year.Kariya was joined on the ice by Selanne and Steve Rucchin, reuniting the three forwards who formed the most memorable line in Ducks history. Dozens of former Ducks from Jean-Sebastien Giguere to Stu Grimson also traveled to Anaheim to celebrate their former teammate.Niedermayer didn’t play with Kariya in Anaheim, but they won Olympic gold medals together for Canada in 2002. He praised Kariya as “truly an example of how to always try our best and how to carry ourselves while doing it.Ducks owners Henry and Susan Samueli, who bought the team after Kariya had left, have been eager to bring Kariya closer to his first NHL franchise.“Paul played the game with heart and soul,” Henry Samueli said. “Simply put, he was the Ducks’ first franchise player.”The speedy http://www.oriolesfanproshop.com/authentic-caleb-joseph-jersey , goal-scoring forward was a fan favorite from his very first Ducks practice in Orange County, where he recalled nearly 9,000 fans were in the stands to watch him at Honda Center. He scored 50 goals and 108 points as a 21-year-old prodigy during the 1995-96 season, and he produced four additional 80-point seasons for Anaheim.“I couldn’t have asked for better teammates, and I certainly could not have asked for a better group of friends,” Kariya said. “I was very lucky to start with an organization that gave me an opportunity to have a big role right away, and to be asked to be a leader early in my career.”Kariya scored one of the most important goals in Ducks history in June 2003, but it also epitomized the brutal nature of his career and its eventual end. After New Jersey’s Scott Stevens left Kariya motionless on the ice with a devastating hit in the second period of Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final, Kariya shockingly returned to the Anaheim ice and scored a goal that helped to force a seventh game.Kariya played parts of six seasons for Colorado, St. Louis and Nashville after leaving Anaheim, but his sixth recorded concussion in December 2009 eventually made it too risky to continue playing.Kariya still lives in coastal Dana Point, where he is an avid surfer. The Ducks patiently waited for his disappointment about his career’s end to subside before luring him back to an active role with the club in recent years, culminating in this poignant ceremony.“Over the years, many of the games, the wins and losses, have faded from my mind Roberto Alomar Jersey ,” Kariya said. “But I can remember, like it was yesterday, the ovation I received stepping on this ice for my first practice here, and the roar of this crowd when we beat the Phoenix Coyotes for our first playoff series victory here (in 1997). … You literally and figuratively picked me up off the ice in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals. Thank you to all the fans for supporting me for nine incredible years.” No need to call them cheat sheets.Major League Baseball has told teams that it’s perfectly OK for pitchers to carry the kind of scouting cards that umpire Joe West confiscated from Philadelphia reliever Austin Davis on the mound this weekend.Phillies manager Gabe Kapler said he’d been informed the cards were legal. They are, provided they don’t delay games, MLB advised clubs in clarifying the policy.“I think it’s great that our pitchers are able to have their game plans on them,” Kapler said Sunday’s 8-1 loss to the Chicago Cubs. “I think it takes a lot of mental focus, takes a lot of bandwidth to get out the best hitters in baseball. And when you can just take a little of that off your mind and put it on a card, I think that’s helpful for pitchers and good for baseball.”It has become common in the age of advanced baseball analytics to see outfielders and infielders pulling info cards from their pockets to check on proper positioning. But the sight of a pitcher doing it on the mound caught a lot of attention at Citizens Bank Park.The unusual situation occurred Saturday night in the eighth inning of the Chicago Cubs’ 7-1 win at Philadelphia.The NL Central-leading Cubs were ahead 5-1 as Addison Russell approached the plate. Davis took the reference card from his back pocket, checked the scouting report on Russell, and then put it away.West, in his 41st season as an umpire, came in from third base and took the card. He said it was illegal under Rule 6.02(c)(7), which states that the pitcher shall not have on his person, or in his possession, any foreign substance.Kapler and Davis said the left-hander was looking at the card merely for information on the Cubs hitters. The 25-year-old rookie said he’s used them this season.“I think usually it’s a quick glance and go. I was waiting for whoever it was to get in the box. So I think it took an extra second or something and caught his eye. But I don’t know http://www.redsoxproshops.com/authentic-dustin-pedroia-jersey ,” Davis said after the game.“Our analytics department works really, really hard to come up with this stuff for us and I want to use it because they work all day to come up with stuff to help get guys out. And if I have an answer to get a guy out, I want to know what that is,” he said.Davis said he made the card himself.“This is something I create. We have our meeting where we go over the hitters. I take that information and put it on a card so I don’t have to try and memorize it and use my mental energy to get ready for the game,” he said. “Then I just take a glance and go.”West kept this card.“I saw him take it out and I went, ‘What the heck is that?'” West said.West called the league office after the game for a ruling.“I didn’t want to throw him out,” West said postgame. “I know it’s foreign but he’s not trying to cheat. Maybe he’s trying to get an advantage because he’s reading the scouting report, but it wasn’t pine tar, it wasn’t an emery board, it wasn’t whatever.“In the long run, maybe they’ll let him (have the card). Right now, my hands are tied until they say yes or no. Right now, until the office says it’s OK to carry this, he can’t do it,” he said.

elaine95  
elaine95

.Koda Glover (1-2) tossed a scoreless eighth for the win.ACES WILDNola-Scherzer II was the second matchup of starters with at le
by acquiring 2015

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz