ModernMusic.de

not allowed more than three earned runs in his past

#1 von elaine95 , 23.11.2018 08:39

CINCINNATI (AP) — Paul Goldschmidt and the Arizona Diamondbacks powered their way to a sorely needed win.Goldschmidt hit two of Arizona’s five homers Aaron Donald Jersey Elite , and the Diamondbacks avoided a sweep by pounding the Cincinnati Reds 9-2 on Sunday.Daniel Descalso, Eduardo Escobar and David Peralta also connected for Arizona, and Zack Godley pitched 6 2/3 innings of two-run ball. Goldschmidt finished with three hits and three RBIs, and Descalso also drove in three runs.“You don’t want to get swept,” said Descalso, who hit his first homer since June 27. “You want to win every series, but you don’t want to leave here 0-3. I don’t know if it was a must-win, but there was a little sense of urgency.”Godley (13-6) snapped a tie with Zack Greinke for the team lead in wins. The right-hander allowed six hits, struck out six and walked one while improving to 5-0 with a 3.09 ERA over his last six road starts.“Zack did a great job of setting the tone, and we played our type of game,” Arizona manager Torey Lovullo said. “The right guys stepped up.”The Diamondbacks were tied with the Dodgers for the NL West lead coming into the day.Last-place Cincinnati had won three of four, including the first two games of the weekend series. Jose Peraza and Eugenio Suarez each had two hits, but Luis Castillo (6-10) was tagged for five runs and five hits in 5 2/3 innings.Homers accounted for each of Arizona’s runs. Descalso hit a three-run shot in the first on a two-strike pitch http://www.sandiegochargersteamonline.com/derwin-james-jersey , and Goldschmidt made it 5-2 with a two-run drive in the sixth.“I was supposed to throw inside on the 0-2 pitch, but it was over the plate and he took advantage of it,” Castillo said. “The pitch to Goldschmidt, I got it where I wanted, but he’s a big strong man and put a good swing on it. I thought it was a fly ball, but it kept going and going. I thought overall, I pitched well. The only mistake I made was to Descalso.”The Diamondbacks scored four more runs off Keury Mella in the ninth. Escobar hit a two-run shot, and Goldschmidt and Peralta added back-to-back homers.Joey Votto drove in Peraza with a sacrifice fly in the third. Cincinnati scored its first run when Arizona shortstop Nick Ahmed committed a throwing error on a potential double-play ball in the second, allowing Suarez to score from second.IN THE PARKGodley has not allowed a home run to any of the last 211 batters he has faced over nine games, including eight starts, since Starlin Castro went deep on June 26 at Miami.KNOWS HIS STUFFDescalso also doubled in the sixth to improve to 4 for 10 with two homers and six RBIs in his career against Castillo.UP NEXTDiamondbacks: Greinke (12-7) starts Monday night at Texas against Bartolo Colon (6-10). Greinke has allowed a combined three runs over 13 innings in his last two starts and lost both.Reds: Injury-plagued RHP Homer Bailey (1-9) makes his first start against Cleveland since Aug. 7, 2014. Mike Clevinger (7-7) pitches Monday night for Cincinnati. CHICAGO (AP) — Cole Hamels gave the Chicago Cubs something to celebrate when he hit his second career home run.They’ll have to wait at least another day for a playoff party.Jameson Taillon outpitched Hamels, Francisco Cervelli hit a two-run homer and the Pittsburgh Pirates beat the Cubs 5-1 victory on Monday night.The Cubs needed a win plus a loss by Colorado to Philadelphia to assure a franchise-record fourth straight trip to the playoffs http://www.losangelesramsteamonline.com/aaron-donald-jersey , a run that includes a drought-busting World Series championship in 2016. Instead, they lost for the third time in five games, and the Rockies defeated the Phillies 10-1.Seeking its third straight NL Central championship, Chicago saw its lead over second-place Milwaukee shrink to 1½ games when the Brewers beat the Cardinals 6-4.Hamels (4-2) had the fans and the dugout rocking when he connected leading off the third inning. But he lost his second straight start after going 4-0 in his first nine following a trade from Texas. The left-hander gave up three runs — two earned — and five hits in six innings.“Anytime, I guess, you hit a home run it’s pretty exciting,” Hamels said. “It feels better when you win. You really have to give it to Taillon. He came after us and threw the ball really well. I just was able to get a pitch that I could hit in the count.”Hamels’ drive to center on a 3-1 pitch sure was impressive, though.“I think him and (Jon) Lester, mechanically, have really good swings,” manager Joe Maddon said. “They have very good mechanics. And he timed it perfectly and got it all.”Taillon (14-9) gave up one run and five hits in seven innings, improving to 5-0 in his past seven starts. The right-hander has not allowed more than three earned runs in his past 21 outings.“It’s one of the best runs I’ve seen a starting pitcher have in my coaching experience,” manager Clint Hurdle said. “He must be a master craftsman http://www.losangelesramsteamonline.com/todd-gurley-ii-jersey , he’s making pitches, studying swings, in-game adjustments, following the catcher.”Cervelli hit a two-run homer in the first after missing the previous two games because of gastrointestinal discomfort. He also reached on an infield single in the sixth and scored on Jose Osuna’s second double.Pablo Reyes added an RBI single in the seventh against Steve Cishek and a solo homer in the ninth off Brian Duensing. A day after they were eliminated, the Pirates won for the seventh time in nine games.GOING DEEPHamels’ only other homer was in a home game for Philadelphia against San Francisco’s Matt Cain on July 21, 2012. It was also the second homer by a Cubs pitcher this season. Lester connected against Minnesota on July 1.TRAINER’S ROOMPirates: CF Starling Marte (left calf) was out of the lineup after leaving Pittsburgh’s loss to Milwaukee on Sunday.Cubs: 3B Kris Bryant was back in the lineup after being held out of Sunday’s win over the crosstown White Sox because of fatigue in his left shoulder. The 2016 NL MVP was on the disabled list from July 26 to Sept. 1 with left shoulder inflammation and missed time earlier in the season because of the same issue. … RHP Pedro Strop (strained left hamstring) played catch. The reliever hopes to pitch in a game prior to the playoffs after being sidelined since Sept. 13, when he was hurt running to first on a double-play grounder at Washington.UP NEXTPirates: RHP Chris Archer (5-8, 4.49 ERA), coming off a 2-1 win over Kansas City last week, has a 3.38 ERA in four starts this month after posting a 6.45 ERA in his first nine outings with Pittsburgh following a trade from Tampa Bay.Cubs: LHP Mike Montgomery (5-5, 3.75) looks to win his second straight start after throwing six solid innings at Arizona last week. He has won all three career starts against the Pirates and is 3-0 with a 2.30 ERA in nine outings against them.

elaine95  
elaine95

.UP NEXTDodgers: Kershaw (9-5, 2.53 ERA)
see in the postseason.Kershaw admitted he wasn’t at

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz