ModernMusic.de

. Manager Bud Black said the Padres

#1 von zxlbxj1 , 30.06.2018 11:21

ISTANBUL - Canada is out of medal contention at the FIBA womens world basketball championship after dropping a 63-52 decision to Australia in the quarter-finals Friday.Miranda Ayim of London, Ont., led Canada with 11 points and seven rebounds while Edmontons Katherine Plouffe added 10 points and Kia Nurse of Hamilton scored eight. Erin Phillips scored 16 points to lead the Australian attack.The Canadians were coming off an impressive 91-71 qualification win over the Czech Republic, but couldnt match that output against a deep Australian side.We werent the same team at the offensive end tonight, Canadian head coach Lisa Thomaidis said on a conference call. Certainly Australia had something to do with that. It wasnt just all of us not showing up by any means. They were tough defensively.Australia (4-0) led 26-20 before scoring 10 of the final 14 points of the half, capped by another three by Leilani Mitchell just before the buzzer to take a 36-24 advantage into the break.Canada (2-3) got within 10 in the third quarter on consecutive three-pointers, but could get no closer as Phillips took over.We did a good job on them defensively for the most part, Thomaidis said. They werent shooting the ball terribly well and they gave us chances. The door was still open for us to come out and take it from them. But again, just a hard time putting the ball in the hoop and scoring any easy buckets.We didnt have any easy ones tonight. Spain advanced to the semifinals with a 71-55 win over China. In the late quarter-finals, host Turkey faces Serbia and the United States meets France.While they wont be contending for a medal, the Canadians did meet their goal of finishing in the top eight. Canada will play in classification games on Saturday and Sunday and can still finish as high as fifth overall. Our world ranking is No. 9 right now, Thomaidis said. So anything we can do to help raise our world ranking and garner more respect and notoriety on the world scene, thats always going to be great for Canada and this team moving forward. Canada finished 12th at the last world championship in 2010.— With files from The Associated Press. Custom Belgium Jerseys .Y. -- Nothing seems to phase No. Michy Batshuayi Belgium Jersey . The Oilers will try to get back in the win column on Monday when they continue a four-game road trip with a battle against the Buffalo Sabres. Edmonton won its third straight game last Wednesday against visiting San Jose, beating the Sharks 3-0 as Scrivens stopped 59 shots to set an NHL record for saves in a regular-season shutout. http://www.belgiumsoccerpro.com/Thomas-V...gium-Jersey/.ca. Hi Kerry, Love reading your column and loved watching your analysis on the TSN broadcasts!And were now in Round 2! Bruins! Canadiens! We know all about the great games of the past from the players, the broadcasters and the writers. Jan Vertonghen Belgium Jersey . He did one better Sunday by holing out a pitching wedge from 142 yards for eagle, capping a remarkable 28 on the back nine to win The Championship at Laguna National. Koen Casteels Jersey .J. -- The Houston Astros had the No.SAN DIEGO -- The Kansas City Royals had to work overtime to end a season-high, five-game losing streak and get their first win at Petco Park. Alex Gordon singled in the go-ahead run with one out in the 11th inning and pinch-hitter Billy Butler followed with an RBI double to give the Royals a 3-1 victory against the San Diego Padres on Tuesday night. The Royals also got great pitching from starter Jeremy Guthrie and relievers Wade Davis and Greg Holland, who held San Diego to one run on six hits. "We knew that we were 0-7 in this place and we needed to change that," manager Ned Yost said. "Our pitching allowed us to do that tonight. Guthrie, Wade Davis, Holland, were all fantastic. They kept us in position, right there in the ballgame, until we could break it open. It took us 11 innings to do it, but the pitching was tremendous." Eric Hosmer started the winning rally when he hit a leadoff double to centre off Nick Vincent (0-1). Gordon singled to right with one out and Hosmer beat the throw home with a headfirst slide, touching the plate with his left hand. "A long losing streak it seems like, so we just needed something positive to happen there," Gordon said. "I was able to find a hole. It works." Butler then doubled in Gordon. "I think the frustration was kicking in a little bit but hopefully this can motivate us a little bit," Gordon said. Davis (2-1) pitched two innings of one-hit ball for the victory, striking out four. Greg Holland, who blew the save Monday night, pitched the 11th for his eighth save in nine chances. Guthrie went a season-high eight innings, allowing one run and four hits, with two strikeouts and one walk. "He threw strikes, changed speeds and kept the ball down," Yost said. "The air was thick tonight and the ball didnt really carry so that really benefited me and helped me to get deep in the game," Guthrie said. "Overall I dont think I had my best stuff, but thee park played to my advantage tonight.dddddddddddd" The Padres were denied their first three-game winning streak of the season. The teams played extra innings for the second straight night. San Diego won 6-5 in 12 innings Monday night. The Royals had a scoring chance in the ninth against Huston Street. Alcides Escobar singled to centre and stole second and third, all with one out. He tried to score on Lorenzo Cains pop foul down the first-base line but was thrown out by Kyle Blanks to end the inning. "I was surprised the runner was going," catcher Yasmani Grandal said. "Kyle has a very good arm. For him that was an easy catch and throw." Each starter gave up a home run. San Diegos Yasmani Grandal homered for the second straight game, a solo shot to right field off Guthrie with one out in the fourth for a 1-0 lead. It was his fourth, moving him into the team lead. Grandal hit a tying three-run shot in the sixth inning Monday night. Salvador Perez tied it with a homer leading off the sixth off San Diegos Robbie Erlin. It was Perezs third. "I wanted to get it on his hands. But I left it out over the middle of the plate," Erlin said. Erlin got a no-decision after losing his previous four starts. He allowed one run and three hits in seven innings, struck out five and walked four. "My curve felt good," he said. "It felt like my offspeed pitches were what I was on with. I was trying to get a feel for my fastball." NOTES: Vincent gave up three hits in the 11th. He had given up only three hits combined in his last 11 outings. ... Manager Bud Black said the Padres will call up a pitcher on Wednesday because the bullpen has been taxed. ... Black said 3B Chase Headley could be activated from the 15-day disabled list on Saturday. Hes been out with a strained right calf. ... The series concludes Wednesday when Kansas City RHP James Shields (3-3, 3.11) opposes RHP Andrew Cashner (2-4, 2.72). Cheap Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Throwback ' ' '

zxlbxj1  
zxlbxj1

in an entertaining second quarter
- Cam Newton pranced into the end zone

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz