ModernMusic.de

In the article, he discussed the number of fantasy points Watson scored last year per game compared to the rest of the quarterb

#1 von zhangzk , 15.11.2018 03:01

2018 Fantasy Football: Deshaun Watson Shouldn’t Be The No. 1 Quarterback In Fantasy Last week Andre Snellings Youth Christian Covington Jersey , a professional football writing man at ESPN.com, wrote an article titled ‘Why Deshaun Watson Is The No. 1 QB In Fantasy’.This isn’t what’s worth discussing in detail. What is worth discussing is what to expect from Watson next year, and why no, Watson shouldn’t be the number one quarterback in fantasy next year. Snellings gave five different ways to project what Watson is capable of doing next season:Snellings addressed each of these five factors. Let’s take a further look at what he had to say.Was Watson facing poor competition or a representative level of competition?Here’s the problem with that analysis: None of these teams had great, or even good, defenses in 2017. The best defense Watson faced as a starter was Seattle’s, but it wasn’t the same dominant pass defense we’ve seen the past few seasons. With Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor, and Cliff Avril missing for large chunks of the season and the Seahawks’ pass rush decisions failing to work out, the Seahawks dropped from 5th to 13th in defensive DVOA. They finished 13th in pass defense DVOA and 17th in run defense DVOA. The rest of the defenses Watson faced as a starter finished 16th (Browns), 17th (Bengals), 21st (Titans), 30th (Chiefs), and 31st (Patriots). None of these teams had a pass defense better than Seattle’s, and each team (aside from Cincinnati) finished worst than 21st in pass defense DVOA. Watson played mediocre to bad defenses last season. I’m not smart enough to project these defenses into the future; I’ll have to wait until next month to see what the computer experts come up with. Although the Texans face the easiest projected schedule based on last year’s winning percentages Authentic DeAndre Hopkins Jersey , year-to-year win totals vary greatly because of the short NFL schedule, so Houston should have to face better defenses than what face value indicates. The New York Jets’ young defense should be better in 2018.Same with Tennessee’s, and the Texans have to play Jacksonville twice.The Broncos and Giants should bounce back as well. So, yes, Watson was in fact facing a poor level of competition last year. I expect for him to play tougher defenses in 2018. 2.Did Watson’s approach correlate with team success?Yes, quarterbacks are very important, and teams should want their quarterbacks to play well. Cool.Nothing more to see here. 3.Was he just lucky or unusually hot compared to future expectations?Last season, Watson scored 176 fantasy points using Pro Football Reference’s Standard. Of these 173 points, 76 of them were the result of touchdowns. Watson threw 19 touchdowns and ran for two more; more importantly, he had a touchdown rate of 9.3%, as mentioned in the article. That touchdown rate and the unlikelihood it can be sustained is something I wrote about back in March. Peyton Manning and Watson are the only quarterbacks this century to hit 9.0% after throwing a minimum of 200 passes. Since 1990, Peyton Manning is the only quarterback who has had a touchdown rate of 8.0% twice in his career. The average drop from quarterbacks who had a 9.0% touchdown rate is 3.7%. The average drop from quarterbacks who had a 8.0% touchdown rate is 3.86%.Watson throwing the ball downfield as well as the rest of the league has nothing to do with this. In fact, this goes against the author’s argument. Downfield passing is a skill. Watson did something that is nearly irreplaceable in a scant sample size, and he did it in an offense that surprised the entire league. Defenses weren’t prepared for an interesting Houston offense filled with multi-faceted run plays, a mobile quarterback, and creative play fakes. Usually defenses are able to adjust to a brand new offense by the following season. Taking all this into account, the thing that made Watson a great fantasy quarterback—throwing lots of touchdowns—probably isn’t going to happen again in 2018. 4.How much should his knee injury affect this season’s projections?I’m not a doctor. I don’t know. Everyone who has seen Watson throw and run around in a red jersey and decal devoid helmet has had nothing but good things to say about him. However, who knows what to expect from his knee?Like a Texans’ offense that’s supposed to be dramatically different Womens Whitney Mercilus Jersey , we really won’t know how Watson looks until week one. More importantly, this doesn’t take into account the offensive line he’s going to play behind. I do think the Texans’ offensive line is going to be better than most expect it to be, but most are expecting it to be one of the worst units in football. I think it can be mediocre. The interior blocking should be corrected, except for occasional linebacker misses in the run game by Senio Kelemete. The tackle play is still going to be a question. Juli’en Davenport needed to get stronger this offseason; who knows if he did?If Martinas Rankin doesn’t start week one, Houston is looking at Seantrel Henderson at right tackle. Henderson hasn’t played since 2014 and was terrible when he played then. If Henderson starts, he’s probably going to be a Kendall Lamm level of disaster. Even if Watson’s knee is fine, he’s probably going to have to use it often when the year pops off. 5.What would a “regression to the mean” look like for him this season?Even if Watson is better this season than he was as as rookie, there’s no way he’s going to throw touchdown passes as often as he did last season. 20% is a conservative drop off fantasy wise for him. Because again, 50.8% of his fantasy points came from touchdowns, and he’s probably going to throw them half as often as he did last year. An increase in 300 yard passing games and a jump in rushing touchdowns is required to make up for this impending doom. These things could happen. But if you’re drafting a fantasy quarterback early, why take the risk with a player who threw a lot of touchdowns against mediocre to bad pass defense, is likely to see his touchdown rate regress, coming off a torn ACL, and playing behind a questionable offensive line when there are more stable options available? Overall, my heart isn’t heavy with worry when it comes to Watson.I’m not all the way there yet. I don’t think he’ll be able to do what he did last year again and probably won’t for the rest of his career, but he’s still a wizard in the pocket.He can throw deep passes with touch.The arm strength is good enough.He anticipates open receivers.His mobility creates a dynamic offense. The worst part of Watson’s game last year were the big, bad decisions that ended in dropped interceptions; young quarterbacks tend to make those mistakes. However, I’m not 100% sold on Watson yet. He did what he did in just six starts last year. That’s not a lot Womens Zach Cunningham Jersey , and the way he predominantly had success is unsustainable according to what every quarterback who has ever played has done. Despite everything, it’s reasonable to believe, and I do believe, that Watson will be competent enough in 2018 to run a successful offense.But NO, he shouldn’t be the number one quarterback taken in fantasy football in 2018.Houston Texans Final Score And Post-Game Recap: Texans 19, Cowboys 16 Last week, the Texans won because of a Frank Reich aggressive fourth down play call in overtime. Tonight, the Texans won because Deshaun Watson finally found DeAndre Hopkins in overtime. Nuk turned a completion into a YAC spinning reception that set up a field goal Houston made easier. This game, like the previous ones, was a stupid, stupid, stupid football game. In this one, Juli’en Davenport played well at left tackle. Watson played through an injury of some sort (cracked ribs?) and survived an insane game.The Texans stopped the run well.J.J. Watt and Jadeveon Clowney were once again unstoppable to block; they were only beat by Dak Prescott.Dallas made some wild goal line stops.Houston had some questionable goal line play calls.Zach Cunningham made the play of his career. Kai’imi Fairbairn made a lot of field goals. Houston is the proud owner of the State of Texas until 2022. At 2-3, they have a hand poking out of the grave. They play the Bills next week.

zhangzk  
zhangzk

Doug Pederson talked about preparing for the Titans multi-faceted offense and more in his press conference on Friday morning
The “rough” job of rushing the passer in today’s NFL

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz