ModernMusic.de

he Oilers defence is made up of Schultz

#1 von zxlbxj1 , 29.06.2018 08:03

PHOENIX -- Edwin Encarnacion says Chase Field is "one of the best" places to hit in the majors. Of course he should feel that way. The Toronto slugger homered for a record fifth straight time at the Arizona ballpark to help the Blue Jays beat the fading Arizona Diamondbacks 10-4 on Tuesday night. "Eddie hits everywhere," Toronto manager John Gibbons said, "but he hits really well here." Rajai Davis, Adam Lind and Moises Sierra also homered for the Blue Jays, who jumped out to a 5-0 lead in two innings off Wade Miley (9-10). Toronto clinched its third straight series. The Blue Jays have won five of six and seven of nine. "Its been a tough year for us but were playing some good baseball right now," Gibbons said. "Weve got some young guys in there that are contributing, bringing some energy. The bottom line too is when you pitch, youve got a chance, and thats pretty much what weve been doing lately." The Diamondbacks have lost three straight and five of six, all at home. Adam Eaton, Didi Gregorius and Miguel Montero homered for Arizona, which fell eight games behind Cincinnati for the final NL wild-card spot. Washington moved ahead of the Diamondbacks in the wild-card chase. "We have to figure out how to get something going," Eaton said. "It is called a grind for a reason and we cant put our heads down and pout about it. We have to get something going, some way and somehow and figure it out." Todd Redmond (3-2) allowed three runs and four hits in five innings for his second win in a row. "The offence did a great job tonight. Hats off to them," he said, "and I was able to keep the ball down and throw strikes." Encarnacion also doubled, singled and walked twice. Going back to May 2010, he has seven home runs in his past five games at Chase. "It surprised me when they told me that, but its good," he said. "You can see the ball good here -- I can see it." Miley didnt make it out of the second inning, allowing five runs and eight hits in 1 2-3 innings. Eaton had two throwing errors in left field, one of which led to an unearned run. Toronto got one run in the first on Brett Lawries RBI single, then added four in the second to bring a quick end to Mileys night. Kevin Pillar doubled with one out, then Redmond walked. Jose Reyes followed with a single but was picked off first base. That saved a run for Arizona because Davis sent Mileys 3-2 pitch over the wall in left-centre, a two-run shot that made it 4-0. Encarnacion doubled and Lawrie got another RBI single to put the Blue Jays up 5-0. Miley walked Mark DeRosa and the Arizona left-handers night was over. Josh Collmenter came on and retired J.P. Arencibia to end the inning. Redmond was perfect through three innings before Eaton led off the fourth with a home run to the swimming pool area in left field. The Diamondbacks went on to get runners at first and third with one out in the inning, but Aaron Hill grounded sharply to third and Toronto converted the inning-ending double play. The Blue Jays got a run off Collmenter in the fifth when DeRosa led off with a single and reached third when Eatons throw from left field after Arencibias fly out sailed into the Toronto dugout. DeRosa scored the unearned run on Sierras double off Eatons glove at the wall in left-centre. Arizona cut it to 6-3 on Gregorius two-run home run into the right field seats off Redmond in the fifth. Another leadoff homer, this one in the seventh by Montero off Neil Wagner, cut the lead to 6-4. Gerardo Parra followed with an infield single, but was erased when pinch hitter Willie Bloomquist grounded into a double play. Encarnacions towering home run off Will Harris in the seventh put Toronto up 7-4. Toronto blew the game open in the ninth. Linds pinch-hit home run off left-hander Eury de La Rosa made it 8-4, then Sierras two-run shot, his first homer of the season, put Toronto up 10-4. The shortstop Reyes threw A.J. Pollock out from his backside after knocking down a sharp grounder in the first inning. He said he had done that only once before, also in Arizona when he was with the New York Mets. Notes: The Diamondbacks recalled 3B Matt Davidson and C Tuffy Gosewisch and selected SS Chris Owings from Triple-A Reno. Owings was the PCL player of the year. LHP Matt Reynolds was transferred to the 60-day DL to make room for Owings on the 40-man roster. ... Owings grounded out as a pinch hitter in the fifth in his major league debut. ... Toronto recalled RHP Kyle Drabek from Triple-A Buffalo. The Blue Jays also selected LHP Ricky Romero, RHP Jeremy Jeffress and C Mike Nickeas from Buffalo. LHP Luis Perez returned from a medical rehab assignment and activated from the 60-day DL. ... Randall Delgado (4-5, 3.67 ERA) goes for Arizona and Mark Buehrle (11-7, 3.92) for Toronto in the series finale Wednesday afternoon. Harold Landry Jersey . Rockhold." Known as an aggressive striker, Belfort (23-10) instead paced himself as the engaged in the early going and showed restraint by not overcommitting against the larger Rockhold (10-2). But when the opportunity presented itself, Belfort delivered an incredible spinning heel kick that landed flush on Rockholds chin and sent him toppling to the floor. Custom Titans Jerseys . Mesoraco hurt his hamstring while scoring from second in Friday nights 5-4 loss at Atlanta. Chapman was hit by a line drive during an exhibition game on March 19, breaking his nose and a bone above his left eye. The left-hander looked strong while throwing 43 pitches in batting practice before Saturday nights game against the Braves. http://www.titansstoreonline.com/Black-2...-Womens-Jersey/. -- Tony Finau won the Stonebrae Classic on Sunday for his first Web. Harold Landry Titans Jersey . - On the night Dirk Nowitzki overtook Dominique Wilkins on the career scoring list, Brandan Wright was a human highlight film all by himself. Luke Falk Jersey . FLIP SAUNDERS (Timberwolves): Im not the least bit surprised that he appointed himself as head coach after his search concluded.Justin Schultz isnt a fully-formed No. 1 NHL defenceman just yet, so the Edmonton Oilers are giving him a chance to grow into one. The Oilers agreed to terms with the 24-year-old on a US$3.675-million, one-year contract Friday that puts him in line to make him a restricted free agent again next off-season. Schultz said the one-year deal means he has to perform. "I just got to prove that Im worth that longer-term money and they want me here for a longer term," Schultz said in a phone interview. "I want to be here and Ive got to make sure I improve my defensive game and know I can play against other teams top lines without them worrying about me out there and being able to put me out in all situations." General manager Craig MacTavish said signing Schultz to a one-year deal was a chance to buy the organization more time to evaluate him. MacTavish added it was difficult to agree on a longer-term value given the small sample size of the defencemans career. "We as an organization wanted a little bit more information, fully aware that information can be expensive," MacTavish said at a news conference in Edmonton. Schultz led Oilers defencemen in ice time in 2013-14 at over 23 minutes a game. His offensive numbers are no problem, as he put up 11 goals and 22 assists in 74 games. The Kelowna, B.C., native, enjoyed the bigger role rookie coach Dallas Eakins gave him last season. "Im more comfortable," Schultz said. "I felt as the year went on last year, I got better in my own end and on the penalty kill and all that. Its always something Ive got to work on. I think Im improving and hopefully start this year off solid and keep er going." MacTavish took issue with the notion that Schultz was weak in the defensive end. "Ive always believed that hes very good defensively," MacTavish said. "He showed me at the end of last year that he really was managing the decisions that you need the experience to manage the decisions on when to go, when to stay backk, when to probe offensively, when to get back.ddddddddddddquot; The Oilers won the Schultz sweepstakes in the summer of 2012 after the Ducks 2008 draft pick didnt sign with Anaheim when he was done playing at the University of Wisconsin. During the 2012-13 lockout, Schultz was the AHLs leading scorer with 18 goals and 30 assists in 34 games for the Oklahoma City Barons. MacTavish said a rookie defenceman leading the AHL in points is something that only happens to great players and believes his ceiling is beyond great. "I think that Justin has Norris Trophy potential, and I dont think there are too many people that would disagree with me in that regard," MacTavish said. In 122 career NHL games, Schultz has 19 goals and 41 assists for 60 points. During that time, the Oilers have continued their playoff drought, which dates to 2007, the year after Edmonton lost to the Carolina Hurricanes in the Stanley Cup final. "Its obviously a work in progress," Schultz said. "I knew we werent going to win right away. But weve got all the talent in the world and its just a matter of time before we start turning things around." Beyond Schultz, the Oilers have been building around first-round picks Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle. Schultz could soon be joined on the blue-line by 2013 first-rounder Darnell Nurse. For now, the Oilers defence is made up of Schultz, captain Andrew Ference, Martin Marincin, Jeff Petry, free-agent additions Mark Fayne and Keith Aulie and trade acquisition Nikita Nikitin. Nikitin is the highest-paid of that group going into the first season of a $9-million, two-year deal that counts $4.5 million against the salary cap. If Schultz can continue his career progression, hes likely headed toward a much richer pay day. In the process, he hopes to help the Oilers make the playoffs. "Ive only had two years in the NHL," he said. "Its a big year for me next year, for our team." Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Hoodies Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

zxlbxj1  
zxlbxj1

DL with a left hamstring strain
Edmontons Jessica Gregg has decided to focu

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz