ModernMusic.de

Scott has been given the opportunity to attend

#1 von jinshuiqian0713 , 29.10.2018 03:59

TORONTO -- No one was more surprised by Jon Cornish capturing the 2013 Lou Marsh award as Canadas top athlete than the Calgary Stampeders running back himself. Colton Sceviour Jersey . Cornish narrowly defeated Milos Raonic, the first Canadian mens singles tennis player to achieve a top-10 world ranking, and Kaillie Humphries, who dominated the womens bobsled circuit this season, for the honour. "I really didnt know anything was going on, I was just getting ready to go for a day of work," said Cornish, employed as a bank rep in Calgary during the off-season. "My phone is always on silent so my iPad was getting most of my notifications and it started making a lot of noise and so I was wondering but I was playing video games so I wasnt really too worried about checking my iPad. "But then (Stampeders communications director) Jean Lefebvre called and informed me that I had been selected . . . this was a nice little addition to my day." And in a truly CFL moment, the 29-year-old Cornish spoke to reporters during a conference call while on a break at the bank Monday. Cornish became just the third Canadian to win the CFLs outstanding player award after rushing for a league-high 1,813 yards. That broke his own record for the most rushing yards in a season by a Canadian. The native of New Westminster, B.C., also led the league with 2,157 yards from scrimmage and 14 TDs en route to being named the CFLs top Canadian for a second straight season. Hes the first Canadian to win the CFLs top player award since Ottawa Rough Riders tight end Tony Gabriel in 1978 and the first CFL player to claim the Lou Marsh award since legendary Ottawa quarterback Russ Jackson did so in 1969. But moments after Lefebvre had informed Cornish, the Stampeders star received a call from his mother, who fittingly was the first person he shared the good news with. "She didnt know I had been selected, she just called," Cornish said. "And then I told her so it was good timing on her part." Damian Warner, figure skater Patrick Chan and Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews were the other award finalists. The trophy is awarded annually to Canadas top athlete as selected by representatives of Canadas leading news organizations. Its named after a former Toronto Star sports editor. Cornish was a finalist for last years award, won by womens soccer star Christine Sinclair. "To have my name mentioned alongside Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Sidney Crosby, Steve Nash, Christine Sinclair," Cornish said. "Its insane to me that I could be selected. "Im still sort of taken back by, I dont want to say the repercussions but the possibilities that this award sort of creates." And for Cornish, he hopes winning the Lou Marsh award will result in future football players aspiring to be recognized among the countrys best and biggest athletes. "In terms of true Canadian superstar athletes playing football theres not many," he said. "The recognition I get, people will see, I can get that recognition, and theyll try and strive to do the same things Ive been trying to do. "I love the sport of football and so knowing we can be eligible to win this award through football will probably encourage people to push themselves a little bit harder and maybe we can get more Canadian football players winning the Lou Marsh award." Derek MacKenzie Jersey . To be fair, the celebrations are already anything but tame. Nerf ball tricks shots are just the tip of the iceberg for a group that has performed in zero gravity, faced pro-skateboarder Rob Dyrdek and an assembled team on the MTV series "Fantasy Factory", and even hit a basketball trick shot from a passing blimp. Owen Tippett Jersey . - Doug Kalitta led Top Fuel qualifying Friday in the NHRA Nationals at Maple Grove Raceway with a 3. http://www.nhlpanthersauthority.com/ .Y. Islanders 4Winnipeg 5 Dallas 2Nashville 3 Colorado 0San Jose 5 Edmonton 2---AHLProvidence 5 St. Johns 4 (OT)Chicago 6 San Antonio 2---NBACleveland 105 Toronto 101Portland 98 Detroit 86New Orleans 104 New York 93Oklahoma City 114 Milwaukee 101Memphis 114 Dallas 105Miami 103 Phoenix 97Utah 100 San Antonio 96L. BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Buffalo Sabres enforcer John Scott was suspended indefinitely by the NHL on Thursday. And teammate Patrick Kaletas appeal to reduce his 10-game suspension was denied by league Commissioner Gary Bettman. Scott was suspended pending a disciplinary hearing for a blindside hit to the head that levelled Boston Bruins forward Lou Eriksson in Buffalos 5-2 loss a day earlier. Scott has been given the opportunity to attend an in-person hearing, which has not yet been scheduled. The hearing is offered when a suspension has the potential to exceed five games. The news didnt get any better for Buffalo, which is now down two roster spots because of suspended players. Bettman issued a 17-page decision outlining why he turned down Kaletas appeal to reduce a 10-game ban for an illegal hit to the head on Columbus Blue Jackets defenceman Jack Johnson on Oct. 10. In supporting league disciplinarian Brendan Shanahans initial ruling, Bettman noted Kaleta was a repeat offender, having been previously suspended three times, and added that Kaleta could have avoided hitting Johnson. "I do conclude that he could have and should have avoided the hit altogether," Bettman wrote. "As Mr. Shanahan testified at the hearing, I think there was also the option of not throwing the check. That (is) always an option." Kaleta wasnt penalized, and Johnson did not miss any ice time. Kaleta has already missed six games and stands to lose $152,439 in salary. He has one last option to appeal Bettmans ruling by taking his case to neutral discipline arbitrator James Oldham. Scotts suspension came after hee was issued a match penalty for charging and ejected for his hit on Eriksson early in the third period of Bostons 5-2 win Wednesday. Vincent Trocheck Jersey. Eriksson was skating through the neutral zone and had just dumped the puck into the Sabres zone when Scott skated in from the players right and struck him with a shoulder to the face. Eriksson was dazed and didnt return. He stayed in Buffalo overnight as a precaution. The Bruins released a statement from general manager Peter Chiarelli, who said "he has been diagnosed with a concussion and will be out indefinitely." Chiarelli also said Eriksson returned to Boston earlier Thursday and was examined by team doctors. Scott was apologetic after practice Thursday. He called it "a bad play" and added he didnt mean to aim for Erikssons head. "I kind of feel really upset," he said, noting that he texted an apology to Eriksson. "I was sick to my stomach last night knowing what happened. And watching the video, I kind of regret the whole situation." The Sabres (1-9-1), off to their worst start in franchise history, made two roster moves Thursday in preparing for a two-game road swing that opens at Florida on Friday. Fourth-line forward Cody McCormick was activated after missing two games with a leg injury. The Sabres waived forward Kevin Porter for assignment to the minors, according to a person familiar with the move. The person informed The Associated Press of the decision on the condition of anonymity because coach Ron Rolston declined to say how the team was going to free up a roster spot to add McCormick. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713
Evergreen

who played with a nagging back injury
all charged to Seattle starter Erasmo Ramire

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz