ModernMusic.de

The Baltimore Orioles used their most potent weapo

#1 von zxlbxj1 , 23.06.2018 10:55

BALTIMORE -- The Baltimore Orioles used their most potent weapon -- the long ball -- to complete a satisfying sweep of the New York Yankees. Chris Davis set a franchise record by hitting his 31st home run before the All-Star break, and Manny Machado and Nate McLouth also connected in a 4-2 victory Sunday night. The Orioles increased their major-league leading home run total to 115 with three in the opening three innings against Hiroki Kuroda (7-6). Davis, meanwhile, has six more homers than anyone else in the big leagues after hitting three in the last two games. His second-inning drive broke Brady Andersons franchise record for home runs before the All-Star Game. Anderson had 30 in 1996 en route to hitting 50 for the season, a team record that still stands. The Orioles tagged seven homers in their first three-game sweep of the Yankees since 2005. New York may have eliminated Baltimore from the playoffs last October, but at this point, the Orioles appear to have the upper hand on their injury-riddled rivals. "I think its always a statement whenever you sweep anybody," Davis said. "I think its been big for us. I think its our first one this year. Weve always put emphasis on winning series and making sure we at least win the majority of the games, but when you can get a sweep, especially against a team in the division, its huge." Chris Tillman (10-2) gave up two runs and five hits over six innings to win his sixth straight start and reach a career high for wins in a season. The right-hander is 7-0 in eight starts since May 19. Jim Johnson worked the ninth to earn his 28th save. Baltimore is 6-3 against New York this season, 5-1 at home. Robinson Cano homered for the Yankees, who have lost five straight -- matching their longest skid of the year -- and 13 of 18. New York dropped into fourth place in the AL East, 6 1/2 games behind division leader Boston. "There are a lot of things that go on in life that are struggles that you go through, and you have to figure out how to get through them," manager Joe Girardi said. "This is like life. Everything is not going to be easy. You find ways to get through it. Im not going to get frustrated. I know the effort these guys are putting in. Im going to stick up for them." Kuroda went six-plus innings. The three homers he allowed were a season high, after allowing only two homers in his previous four starts. "He didnt give up a lot of hits but the hits he did they were loud and they were home runs," Girardi said. The Orioles activated Brian Roberts from the disabled list, where he had languished since April 5 with a right hamstring injury. Batting ninth as Baltimores designated hitter, Roberts went 1 for 2 with a sacrifice fly in his fourth game of the season. "If you are going to be out there you want to contribute," he said. "You dont want to be the weak link in the chain and there are some pretty strong links in this chain." Machado got Baltimore a first-inning run with his first homer since May 5. The Yankees tied it in the second when Brett Gardner drew a bases-loaded walk with two outs, but Tillman avoided further damage by retiring Ichiro Suzuki on a popup. Davis opened the bottom half with an opposite-field drive to left field, his second career homer against Kuroda in 15 at-bats. A solo shot by McLouth made it 3-1 in the third, his fourth hit in 24 career at-bats against Kuroda. Robinson hit his team-leading 17th homer in the sixth, and Roberts made it 4-2 in the seventh with a run-scoring fly ball. Not long after that, Orioles fans in the crowd of 40,878 celebrated another win over the hated Yankees. "The atmosphere tonight (shows) our city has fully embraced this team again," Roberts said. "Its great to be a part of it." NOTES: Girardi failed in his fifth try to earn managerial victory No. 600. ... Machado went 3 for 4, including his major-league leading 38th double, and now leads the majors with 34 multihit games. ... The Yankees will send Andy Pettitte to the mound Monday night in Minnesota. The left-hander is 10-0 in his last 12 starts against the Twins. ... Baltimore has Monday off before opening a three-game series against the White Sox. ... Suzuki is 1 for 13 lifetime (.077) against Tillman, his lowest batting average against any pitcher (10 AB minimum). ... Baltimore has won five straight at home against New York for the first time since 1983. ... It was Johnsons 100th career save. Mark Walton Bengals Jersey . According to TSNs Farhan Lalji, Richardson is heading to Toronto for a physical and is expected to sign with the Argonauts. Sam Hubbard Bengals Jersey . Listen to the Raptors vs. Jazz live tonight on TSN Radio 1050 at 9pm et/6pm pt. The Raptors are 1-1 so far on the five-game junket after defeating Denver and losing to Portland. http://www.bengalsauthenticproshop.com/Y...Bengals-Jersey/. Felix Pie had an RBI double earlier in the inning, as Baltimore rallied for three runs to overcome a 3-2 deficit. J.J. Hardy had two hits and Matt Wieters chipped in with an RBI double for the Orioles, who pushed their winning streak to three games. Custom Cincinnati Bengals Jerseys . "Ive got a lot of work to do on this team and the sooner that I can get back to my office and start that work, itll be better," he said straight-faced as the rest of the room erupted in laughter. Billy Price Jersey . He just didnt expect them to be this good. Darrun Hilliard scored 19 points to lead No. 6 Villanova to a dominating 77-59 victory over Georgetown on Saturday, preserving the Wildcats hopes of a No. PITTSBURGH -- Kris Letang darted down the Consol Energy Center ice, the defencemans black hair flicking out from underneath his helmet. Everything looked in place. The speed. The agility. The slick stickwork. Yet for as polished as Letang appeared during his first workout alongside his teammates in nearly two months on Monday, the 26-year-old remains uncertain when hell be able to pull his No. 58 sweater over his head and suit up in an actual game. Consider it part of the fallout from the scariest moment of Letangs life. Seven weeks after a stroke blindsided him, Letang remains optimistic he will play again this season but too cautious to throw out a date. "I was on the ice today because I want to return," Letang said. "Ill be able to play again. I dont know when." Neither does his coach. Dan Bylsma pointed out that unlike defenceman Paul Martin -- who remains sidelined with a right hand problem -- concrete signs of progress for Letang are tougher to glean. Throwing an arbitrary timeline out there wouldnt do any good because things can change in an instant. "Theres no date to be determined for Kris," Bylsma said. "Right now hes back in a full practice. Thats a good thing." One the Penguins hope will send a bit of a jolt through a constantly churning lineup that has stagnated in Letangs absence. The Penguins are just 7-5-2 since Letang fell ill on Jan. 28 and while their spot atop the Metropolitan Division remains secure, they have ceded the top spot in the Eastern Conference to the Boston Bruins. The slide includes a home-and-home sweep by Philadelphia over the weekend in which Pittsburgh was dominated for the first four periods before salvaging some dignity in the final 40 minutes of a 4-3 loss on Sunday. Not exactly the best way to build momentum heading into the last month of an interminable regular season. Though the Penguins have lost an NHL-high 413 man games to injury this season, they are trying to avoid excuses. They steamrolled through the first four months of the season before falling since Letangs third trip to the injured list. They can play well even as Bylsma plays mix-and-match with his lines. "I think now with the amount of time left in the season its about rounding our game into form for the post-season," defenceman Rob Scuderi said. "Its something you cant flip a switch overnight. You always want wins, but Id be OK if wed play the right way.dddddddddddd" Having some familiar faces around would help. Letang wasnt the only player back on the ice Monday. Forward James Neal (concussion) practiced, as did wingers Chris Kunitz (lower body) and Beau Bennett (wrist). Thats plenty of additional firepower for a team that already has Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin, though the duo has played with limited effectiveness recently while skating without familiar faces by their side. Neal and Bennett likely wont be available until later in the week, though Kunitz has a chance to play on Tuesday night when the Penguins host Dallas. The 34-year-old is tied with Crosby with a team-high 31 goals, and his ability to make something happen in front of the net was missed as Pittsburgh found itself dominated by the Flyers over the weekend. Still, Pittsburghs Stanley Cup playoff chances could rest on Letangs health. One of the fittest players in a league of fit players admits hes still stunned by his stroke diagnosis. Doctors said there was a "0.01 chance" of Letang suffering a stroke, odds so slim Letang refuses to say hes in the clear from it happening again. Letang would rather not talk about it. Hed rather just focus on skating and getting himself ready for whenever doctors give him the go-ahead to play. He confessed to being tired, but not overwhelmed during a spirited 60 minutes on the ice. At one point he could sense his teammates taking it easy on him. He ordered them to get back to work. "Guys were being really careful when wed go into the corner," Letang said. "I told them they can go as hard as they can. Thats the main reason why Im out there. I want to get to the same place I was before." A place that makes Letang one of the best at his position when healthy. A Norris Trophy finalist a year ago, Letang has 10 goals and eight assists in 34 games this season, though his general presence is missed as much as his production. The feeling is mutual. Letang understands the fixation on his return. Trust him, hes just as concerned as everybody else. "Even the day I had the stroke I asked the doctor when I would be able to play again," Letang said. "It never crossed my mind that I could have a stroke at 26. It could (happen again) because it happened once. Who knows? Im not going to worry about that." China NFL Jerseys White Cheap NFL Gear Cheap Jerseys 2019 Youth NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Youth NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

zxlbxj1  
zxlbxj1

Substitute Alvaro Morata scored
As soon as Impact manager Frank Klopas

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz