ModernMusic.de

on was scratched. D Brian Strait was a hea

#1 von zhanjiao1212 , 28.09.2018 02:55

WASHINGTON -- The NFL is prepared to meet with an Indian tribe pushing for the Washington Redskins to drop the teams nickname. Chase Edmonds Jersey . Just not this week. As league owners gathered Monday in the nations capital for their fall meetings, the Oneida Indian Nation held a symposium across town to promote their "Change the Mascot" campaign. Oneida representative Ray Halbritter said the NFL was invited to attend. Instead, NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said, a meeting has been scheduled for next month -- and could happen sooner. "We respect that people have differing views," McCarthy said. "It is important that we listen to all perspectives." He said the Redskins name is not on the agenda for the owners meetings. Redskins owner Dan Snyder has vowed to keep the name, and an AP-GfK poll conducted in April found that nearly 4 in 5 Americans dont think the team should change its name. Its a topic generating discussion lately, though. President Barack Obama said in an interview with The Associated Press last week that he would "think about changing" the teams name if he were the owner. Halbritter called that statement "nothing less than historic" and said the teams nickname is "a divisive epithet ... and an outdated sign of division and hate." Addressing the NFL, Halbritter said: "It is hypocritical to say youre Americas pastime but not represent the ideals of America." U.S. Rep. Betty McCollum, D-Minn., said the league and team are "promoting a racial slur" and "this issue is not going away." For years, a group of American Indians has tried to block the team from having federal trademark protection, and Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton, the District of Columbias envoy to Congress, predicted Monday that effort eventually will succeed. "This name is going to go into the dustbin of history," she said. Lanny Davis, a lawyer who said hes been advising Snyder on the name issue for "at least several months," said in a telephone interview after the symposium: "The Washington Redskins support peoples feelings, but the overwhelming data is that Native Americans are not offended and only a small minority are." Davis also said the campaign is "showing selective attention" by focusing on the Redskins and not teams such as the NFLs Kansas City Chiefs, NHLs Chicago Blackhawks, or Major League Baseballs Cleveland Indians and Atlanta Braves. Earlier, Halbritter was asked about those other nicknames. "The name of Washingtons team is a dictionary-defined, offensive racial epithet. Those other names arent," Halbritter said. "But there is a broader discussion to be had about using mascots generally." Players for the Redskins have remained mostly silent on the topic, including star quarterback Robert Griffin III, who recently called the debate "something way above my understanding." Some players approached in the locker room Monday avoided addressing the subject altogether. "Its really tough. And I mean this sincerely: I get both sides of the argument," guard Chris Chester said. "I see how it can offend some people, but I feel like the context that this organization has, theres no negative connotation. You wouldnt name your team something you didnt have respect for. At least I wouldnt. I mean, I understand, too, that it offends some people, so I sympathize with both sides." Arizona Cardinals Jerseys . -- Kael Mouillierat scored three times and set up one more as the St. Mason Cole Jersey . Bayern winger Franck Ribery marked his league return after recovering from a cracked rib by scoring two goals and setting up two more as the league leaders inflicted the heaviest home defeat on Bremen in the Bundesliga. http://www.nflcardinalsrookiestore.com/Cardinals-Benson-Mayowa-Jersey/ .C. -- LeBron James called comments on an audio recording of a man identified as Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling "appalling" and said hes not sure if he would suit up for the remainder of the NBA playoffs if he played for the Clippers.UNIONDALE, N.Y. - The Chicago Blackhawks were trying to extend the longest winning streak in the NHL this season. The New York Islanders were trying to keep their worst skid from getting any longer.On a raucous night at Nassau Coliseum, both sides had good reason to believe they would be successful.After Patrick Kane gave the Blackhawks the lead in the third period, the slumping Islanders found their game and the net — twice in 51 seconds — to rally for a 3-2 victory on Saturday.We werent happy with the last three games, thats no secret, Islanders captain John Tavares said. Weve got a good team and we know how to respond, and we know we have to get better.The Blackhawks provided a great test for the Islanders (20-10), one of the NHLs surprise teams this season.When Kyle Okposo and Lubomir Visnovsky struck in quick succession, Chicagos winning streak was over at eight, and New Yorks losing run was snapped at three. The Islanders are the first Eastern Conference team to 20 wins.Im not a hero, said Visnovsky, whose second goal of the season was the winner. I try to play the best that I can. Sometimes its not easy and sometimes you look like a hero. Today I look like a hero.There were plenty of players who could claim that title on this night. Cal Clutterbuck scored 6 seconds after Daniel Carcillo gave Chicago a 1-0 lead in the second period. Okposo knotted it at 2 with a power-play goal, setting up Visnovskys clutch finish.New York fired 41 shots at backup goalie Scott Darling, a total that couldnt have been predicted when the Islanders recorded only eight in the first period.We were just trying to shoot the puck and go to the net, Okposo said. When we do that, were a pretty good team.After Kane put the Blackhawks ahead 3:46 into the third with an end-to-end rush with a backhanded finish, Okposo tied it off a rebound of Tavares shot with 9:50 left.Visnovsky then skated across the Chicago zone and beat Darling to put New York in front at 11:01.We had some breakdowns and I couldnt come through, said Darling, 5-2 in seven career NHL games. They ended up being the difference in the game.Jaroslav Halak got back on his gamme and made 23 saves. Sam Bradford Jersey. He had lost two straight after winning a club-record 11. New York allowed 17 goals during its three-game skid.Darling, subbing again for injured Corey Crawford, had won four straight — all on the road — and three times in six days. He stopped 38 shots.Just when it seemed both teams might be shut down, the Blackhawks went in front on their second shot of the second but found themselves back in a tie seconds later.Carcillo started it with a shot from the slot that Halak blocked, but the puck popped into the air and landed behind the goalie with 5:35 left. It was Carcillos fourth goal.Before that could be announced to the crowd, which had a fair share of Blackhawks fans scattered around it, a Chicago blunder got the Islanders on the board. On the faceoff following the goal, defenceman Duncan Keith got the puck in his end, but lost it to Clutterbuck, who came in alone and scored his fourth.This was a wakeup call for sure, Kane said of the Blackhawks, who host Calgary on Sunday. We allowed too many chances. We will come back strong (Sunday). Our goalie was great and gave us every chance.The Blackhawks had the better of the play in the scoreless first, but despite spending countless shifts in the New York end, the Blackhawks couldnt take advantage.Even their shot count was kept down, and they took a 10-8 edge into the dressing room. Both teams had one fruitless power play in the frame and one stymied breakaway.Brandon Saad was denied by Halak with 8:15 left after he took the puck away from former teammate Nick Leddy, and Okposo was turned aside by Darling with 5:53 remaining.New York turned the tide in the second period and had a 17-7 shots advantage.Scotty kept us in, Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews said. We didnt make them do things they didnt want to do.Thats a good team. They definitely outworked us.NOTES: Crawford (lower body) missed his fifth game. ... Islanders C Cory Conacher cleared waivers and was loaned to Bridgeport of the AHL. LW Josh Bailey (lower body) returned after missing one game, and Eric Boulton was scratched. D Brian Strait was a healthy scratch. Cheap Capitals Jerseys Cheap Blackhawks Jerseys Cheap Avalanche Jerseys Cheap Stars Jerseys Cheap Wild Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Ducks Jerseys Cheap Coyotes Jerseys Wholesale Flames Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Oilers Jerseys Cheap Kings Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys ' ' '

zhanjiao1212  
zhanjiao1212

e Ranger also scored for the Sa
http://www.wh

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz