ModernMusic.de

- Brett Favre is returning to Titletown

#1 von zxlbxj1 , 22.06.2018 02:43

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Brett Favre is returning to Titletown. The quarterback, estranged from the franchise he helped resurrect during his 16-year career, will be inducted into the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame and have his number retired next July 18. Favres No. 4 will be unveiled on the Lambeau Field north end zone facade at halftime of a yet-to-be-determined game during the 2015 season. "Im truly honoured," Favre said Monday via conference call from his home in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. "It is time to come back." Favre, who holds virtually every meaningful NFL career quarterback record, famously retired at a tearful press conference in March 2008, only to change his mind and decide later that year that he still wanted to play, setting up an awkward showdown between him and the team hed come to embody while winning three NFL MVP awards and leading the Packers to a Super Bowl title. He was traded to the New York Jets for what would end up being a third-round draft pick, an acrimonious parting of the ways that divided the Packers loyal fan base. After one year with the Jets, Favre retired a second time, only to join the rival Minnesota Vikings, for whom he played two seasons. Favre led the Vikings to two victories over the Packers during the 2009 season, when Minnesota advanced to the NFC championship game but lost to the eventual Super Bowl-champion New Orleans Saints. In 2010, the Packers beat Favre and the Vikings twice on their way to the Super Bowl title, led by Favres successor, Aaron Rodgers. Favre retired for good following the 2010 season, while Rodgers went on to win the NFL MVP award in 2011. Former Packers president/CEO Bob Harlan served as the intermediary and brought the two sides back together. General manager Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy, who made the decision to part ways with Favre in 2008, attended Mondays news conference but did not speak with reporters. "Its great to have old friends home again," Harlan said. Harlan said the team, the Packers Hall of Fame and the Favre family had agreed in principle to the idea last November. "In all honesty, I was probably more ready sooner than everyone else was," Favre said. "I knew this moment would come ... and Im just glad were here, its in stone, and it will be done." Favre said he hoped to return to Lambeau Field this season, perhaps for a ceremonial coin flip with former Packers quarterback and Pro Football Hall of Famer Bart Starr. "I just think that would be an electric moment," said Favre, who also said hed love to pose for what would surely be an iconic photo: Starr, Favre and Rodgers. Favre also said he would like former general manager Ron Wolf, who gave up a first-round pick to acquire Favre from the Atlanta Falcons in February 1992, and former coach Mike Holmgren, who helped harness his immense talent, to also be part of the celebration of his return. "Without Ron (Wolf), I would not be on this phone right now and we would not be having this discussion," Favre said. Favre disputed that he was concerned about a negative fan reaction upon his return to Lambeau Field, having been booed mercilessly during his returns with the Vikings. "Will 100 per cent of the people be for you? Thats never the case," Favre said. "But I know Packers fans as well as anyone, and theres no one like them." The Packers have retired just five numbers in their 94-year history: Tony Canadeos No. 3, Don Hutsons No. 14, Starrs No. 15, Ray Nitschkes No. 66 and Reggie Whites No. 92. Favre is eligible for induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame as part of the 2016 class. Once he is enshrined there, his name will be placed in the teams ring of honour at Lambeau Field. "My goodness, 16 years in Green Bay - wonderful years," Favre said. "Thats what I am, thats how I look at myself and how I will be remembered: As a Packer." Anthony Gose Jersey . Instead, Nonis and Kessel were sorting through the fallout of a wild melee with the Buffalo Sabres, one that saw Kessel suspended for the duration of the pre-season. Alex Bregman Astros Jersey . - Mike Zimmer has brought a demanding style to the Minnesota Vikings. http://www.baseballastrosproshop.com/pre...-astros-jersey/. Hoffman, the former star closer, will evaluate and help co-ordinate all pitchers at Double-A, Triple-A and the big league team. Byrnes says Hoffman "will be a key part of finishing the development of our younger pitchers. Brian McCann Jersey . HABS HEADED TO CONFERENCE FINAL The Montreal Canadiens scored early in Game Seven, built a lead and protected it well on their way to a 3-1 series-clinching win over the Boston Bruins. While this game or series isnt necessarily a referendum on the value of fourth lines, the Canadiens certainly benefitted from production lower down their forward depth chart. Ken Giles Jersey . "Thank you for the warm welcome," Beckham said on an 80-degree February morning. In this case, it was soccer weather. The sport moved a step closer to returning to South Florida on Wednesday, when Beckham confirmed he has exercised his option to purchase a Major League Soccer expansion franchise in Miami.KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Nelson Cruz has only two hits in 15 at-bats against the Kansas City Royals this season. Both are home runs. Cruz hit a two-run homer and the first-place Baltimore Orioles beat the Royals 2-1 on Thursday night to snap a four-game losing streak. Cruz homered in the fourth after Chris Davis drew a walk to lead off the inning. It was Cruzs 12th home run, which is second in the American League to the 15 of Chicago White Sox rookie Jose Abreu. Cruzs 35 RBIs are tied for second in the AL. "Hes one of the best power hitters in the American League over the past five or six years," Royals manager Ned Yost said. "Hes hit in a good hitters park in Texas, but hes got power to all fields." Wei-Yin Chen (5-2) limited the Royals to one run and seven hits over 5 1-3 innings with one walk and one strikeout. Chen, who is 5-1 in his past seven starts, was removed in the sixth after Salvador Perez walked and Alex Gordon singled with one out. Darren ODay replaced Chen and struck out Danny Valencia and retried Johnny Giavotella on a fly to right. Royals rookie right-hander Yordano Ventura (2-3) struck out nine and walked one in 6 1-3 innings, allowing two runs and seven hits. After Cruzs home run, Ventura retired the next 10 batters, striking out seven, including six straight at one stretch. "He made a mistake to Nelson Cruz and it wasnt even a mistake," Yost said. "I think he threw a good fastball to Nelson. It was up and over the middle of the plate and he ambushed it." Cruz hit the first pitch out to right-centre from Ventura, who has a fastball that routinely hits triple digits on radar guns. "We know hes got a great fastball," Cruz said. "He can get you quick. Hes got great stuff. It was one of those at-bats that I got what I was looking for. We were trying to be aggressive and he was throwing a lot of first-pitch fastballs. I was looking for a fastball." With a northwest wind blowing 15 mph and gusting up to 28, it was less than ideal conditions to hit a homme run.dddddddddddd. "You could have made some money off me if youd have bet me that somebody could have gotten a ball out of here tonight," Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. Valencias sacrifice fly with the bases loaded in the fourth scored Eric Hosmer for the only run off Chen. "Ventura pitched great," Giavotella said. "We just couldnt back him up with any runs." Left-hander Zach Britton, who had not allowed a run in 7 1-3 innings in his past eight appearances, worked a perfect ninth for his first major league save. Showalter elected to go to Britton after closer Tommy Hunter blew his past two save chances. "Guys graduate," Showalter said. "It was a good start and its good to know that if we need him for a given night hell be ready. Well see how it goes from here." The Royals did not have a baserunner off four Baltimore relievers, who retired 11 straight. "Our pitchers did a really good job and we really needed this win," Cruz said. "Anytime you can win a game by one run its huge. We feel like we can get something going." The Orioles, who went 1 for 9 with runners in scoring position, threatened in the seventh and eighth innings, but came away empty. Gordon, a three-time Gold Glove Award winner, threw out J.J. Hardy at the plate to end the seventh for his fourth outfield assist this season and his 58th since moving to the outfield in 2011. Hardy attempted to score from second on Nick Markakis single. Manny Machado and Adam Jones led off the Orioles eighth with singles off Louis Coleman, the third Kansas City pitcher. Kelvin Herrera replaced Coleman and struck out Davis and Cruz and retired Steve Clevenger on a grounder to strand the runners. NOTES: The Orioles recalled RHP Evan Meek from Triple-A Norfolk and optioned RHP Kevin Gausman, who lost a Wednesday start to Detroit, to the same club. ... Markakis snapped an 0-for-14 skid with three singles. ... Royals RHP Wade Davis has a stiff neck and was not available. Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Gear Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

zxlbxj1  
zxlbxj1

Parenteau netted the lone marker in the shootout
the Canadian Football League Players Association

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz