ModernMusic.de

BYU had won 11 of the last 13 overall matchups between the schools

#1 von zhanjiao1212 , 14.09.2018 07:44

STANFORD, Calif. Matt Bartkowski Jersey . -- Top-ranked Serena Williams won in her first match since defaulting in a doubles match with sister Venus at Wimbledon, beating Karolina Pliskova 7-5, 6-2 on Wednesday in the second round of the Bank of the West Classic. At Wimbledon, Williams tried to play through a viral infection that caused her to lose her equilibrium during the doubles match. On Wednesday night, encouraged by a large crowd, Williams fought through a tough first set before she found her legs and took control of the match with a big second set. "I thought I played well," Williams said. "Im on the right path, Im excited and Im looking forward to my next match." In the quarterfinals, Williams will meet the winner of Thursdays match between fifth-seeded Ana Ivanovic and U.S. qualifier Carol Zhao. Williams casually deflected questions about her health, preferring to bring the conversation into the present. "Im still taking it a match at a time," she said. "It worked out. I was feeling fine. I made some silly errors early because I was not on my toes enough." Pliskova managed to hold her serve most of the first set but did not have an answer once Williams found her own serve. "I knew shes a player that is tough to break so it was important to me to be super focused on my serve," Williams said. "She served well and I tried to hang in there and get some break points." She finally managed to reach break point in the 12th game and took control from there. She was successful on all three break points she had. Williams took some time off after Wimbledon and vacationed in Croatia before returning to the U.S. for the hardcourt season. She said she has been working hard in preparation for a run at the U.S. Open. Earlier, Varvara Lepchenko beat second-seeded Angieszka Radwanska 6-3, 3-6, 6-4 to advance to the quarterfinals. Lepchenko beat the fifth-ranked Radwanska for the first time in six meetings, edging a top-10 player for only the third time in 24 matches. Radwanska, the runner-up last year, became the highest seeded player to fall in the tournament. The match was good," Radwanska said. "I wasnt serving enough." Lepchenko will face Sachia Vickery, the American qualifier who beat Monica Puig 6-7 (4), 6-2, 6-1 to reach her first career WTA Tour quarterfinal. Vickery also won two straight in the main draw for the first time. Her only previous victory came at last years U.S. Open in her WTA main draw debut. Also, eighth-seeded Andrea Petkovic beat teenage qualifier Naomi Osaka, 6-2, 6-2. Petkovic will next meet the winner of Thursday nights match between Venus Williams and Victoria Azarenka. "It was so weird," Petkovic said. "Shes 16 and obviously very talented. If I played solid I knew I had a good shot." Michael Frolik Jersey . The Senators return from a lengthy layoff caused by Wednesdays attack on Parliament Hill to host the New Jersey Devils on Saturday night. Mark Giordano Jersey . The 10-horse field of 3-year-old pacers will leave the starting gate at approximately 10:14pm et. Co-owned and trained by David Menary, Hes Watching will be driven by Tim Tetrick and is the 5-1 fourth selection in the field. http://www.authenticflamesshopnhl.com/mike-vernon-jersey/ . Manager Ryan Nelsen has confirmed Brazilian No. 1 Julio Cesar will be rested for Wednesdays first leg of the semifinal. That opens the door for Bendik, who started 33 games for Toronto last season.Provo, UT (SportsNetwork.com) - Delon Wright had 18 points and 11 rebounds and No. 13 Utah ended a long winless drought in Provo with a 65-61 decision over in-state rival BYU. While Wrights excellent all-around performance certainly played a part, it was the defense that fueled the Utes (7-1) first road win in the series since January of 2005. The Cougars entered Wednesdays showdown as the highest scoring team in Division I, but were held nearly 34 points below their season average while hitting just 36.9 percent of their shots against Utahs pressure. Tyler Haws did finish with 23 points and eight rebounds for BYU (7-3), with Kyle Collinsworth compiling 17 points, nine rebounds and five assists in the loss. Utah is a team thats really balanced, said BYU coach Dave Rose. It seems like when they sub, theyre subbing a big guy for a big guy, or a long athletic guy for another long athletic guy. The Utes trailed 38-34 early in the second half before clamping down on the defensive end, forcing BYU into three turnovers while putting forth a 10-0 run to move ahead. Hawks appeared to get the Cougars back on track with a triple that cut Utahs lead to 46-43, but BYU went scoreless over the next three minutes and the Utes scored six straight points, with Dakarai Tuckers trey with 11:36 to go extending the margin to nine. Wrights steal and dunk with six minutes remaining had Utah up 58-47, but the Cougars closed the gap behind a 10-3 swing in which Anson Winder netted eight points -- the last three on a long jumper that pulled BYU within 61-57 with 3:28 to play. Collinsworths putback off a Haws miss with 1:14 remaining got the Cougars even closer at 62-59, and Utahs Brandon Taylor missed two free throws on the other eend to give BYU a chance at a tie. Al MacInnis Jersey. Haws missed an open look from beyond the arc, however, and Dallin Bachynski hit both foul shots with 27.7 seconds showing to enable Utah to hold on. Im pleased with our young kids and their ability to focus, Utah coach Larry Krystkowiak said. I think some of our veteran leadership down the stretch probably saved us. A first half full of momentum swings saw BYU fall behind by 13 points midway through the period as it struggled to hit shots. The Cougars regained their scoring touch in a big way near the end of the frame, though. Collinsworth threw down a pair of dunks off Utah turnovers, then knocked down a 3-pointer that was followed by consecutive treys by Haws. The trio of threes finished off a 14-0 stretch that had the Cougars ahead by three until two Bachynski free throws brought the Utes within 31-30 at the break. BYU started out 2-of-10 from the floor and the Utes capitalized on their rivals early offensive woes, building a 24-11 lead nearly 10 minutes in after putting together a 9-2 run. Wright highlighted the sequence with a splendid 3- point play he started with a steal off an inbounds pass. Game Notes Utah had lost seven straight meetings with the Cougars at the Marriott Center, while BYU had won 11 of the last 13 overall matchups between the schools ... The Cougars had a 15-game home win streak halted, with their previous loss in Provo coming to Iowa State on Nov. 20, 2013 ... BYU had scored at least 85 points in each of its first nine games ... Collinsworth was coming off a 19- point, 12-rebound, 10-assist triple-double against Hawaii on Saturday ... Utah will next take on 10th-ranked Kansas in Kansas City this Saturday. Wholesale Falcons Jerseys Wholesale Buccaneers Jerseys Wholesale Cardinals Jerseys Wholesale Bills Jerseys Wholesale Jets Jerseys Wholesale Panthers Jerseys Wholesale Ravens Jerseys Wholesale Texans Jerseys Wholesale Patriots Jerseys Wholesale Steelers Jerseys Wholesale Cowboys Jerseys Wholesale Packers Jerseys Wholesale Browns Jerseys Wholesale Chiefs Jerseys Wholesale Colts Jerseys Wholesale Rams Jerseys ' ' '

zhanjiao1212  
zhanjiao1212

goski has a goal in each of the last three games after scoring only
s, 1 sack, 1 TFL), Cardinals OLB Karlos Dansby (8 tackles, 2 sacks, 1

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz