ModernMusic.de

Taveras went 2 for 20 on the recent six-game road trip,

#1 von jinshuiqian0713 , 14.09.2018 04:55

ST. Discount Buccaneers Jerseys . LOUIS -- Pinch-hitter Jon Jay wasnt choosy when he came up to bat for the Cardinals in the eighth inning. Jay delivered a two-run double on the first pitch and right fielder Shane Robinson threw out the potential tying run at the plate in the ninth to help St. Louis hold off the San Diego Padres 4-3 Thursday night. "I was trying to be aggressive," Jay said. "I wanted something over the plate I could handle. I was able to do that." Jhonny Peralta hit an early two-run homer for the Cardinals, who moved ahead of Pittsburgh into second place in the NL Central. St. Louis remained two games behind division-leading Milwaukee. San Diego had its five-game winning streak snapped and fell to 16-9 since the All-Star break. Trailing by two in the ninth, the Padres loaded the bases with one out against closer Trevor Rosenthal. Pinch-hitter Jake Goebbert came through with an RBI single to right, but Alexi Amarista was cut down at home when he tried to score from second. The replay review lasted 4 minutes, 9 seconds. Padres manager Bud Black then was ejected by plate umpire Bob Davidson for continuing to argue the call. "You saw two major league players react to a play that indicated that a tag was missed," Black said. "You saw their catcher go back and try to tag our runner because he knew he missed him. You saw our player react knowing that he wasnt tagged. So you saw two experienced major league players react to a play that they both knew wasnt a tag. "Thats whats frustrating to us." Cardinals catcher A.J. Pierzynski, who entered in the ninth, disagreed. "I thought I got his arm," Pierzynski said. "I couldnt hear Bob. It was a big play in the game for sure. I couldnt see the umpire who was behind me. You just go. You hope they stay with the call. I think they got it right." After a four-pitch walk to Will Venable loaded the bases again, Rosenthal struck out Tommy Medica for his 36th save in 40 opportunities. San Diego reliever Alex Torres (1-1) thought he struck out Tony Cruz leading off the eighth, but it was ruled Cruz foul-tipped the ball. Replays appeared to show Cruz missed the pitch. Given another chance, Cruz singled on the next delivery. "I definitely fouled it," Cruz said. "I knew I foul-tipped it. I saw him (Davidson) looking at the first base umpire (John Tumpane) and he called it that way, too." Pinch-hitter Daniel Descalso walked on four pitches and Matt Carpenter loaded the bases with a single. Nick Vincent entered to face Jay, who went after the first pitch and drove a one-hop double off the wall in centre to snap a 2-all tie. Jay is 5 for 17 with three RBIs as a pinch hitter. He has a six-game hitting streak with seven RBIs. "It was a good feeling. You just want to contribute if youre not playing," Jay said. "You want to stay ready so if your number gets called you can go out there and contribute." The move by manager Mike Matheny paid off. "A huge hit for us. Hes been swinging the bat well," Matheny said. "Hes had a nice season for us." Seth Maness (4-2) earned the win with one spotless inning of relief. Peralta hit his 16th home run to drive in Matt Adams, who led off the second with a single. That lifted Peralta into a tie with Edgar Renteria (2000) and Daryl Spencer (1960) for the St. Louis single-season record for home runs by a shortstop. The Padres tied the score with two runs in the sixth after loading the bases with none out. Venable scored on a fielders choice. Medica, who had doubled, came home when Rymer Liriano beat out an infield single with two outs. Both starters went seven innings. Cardinals right-hander John Lackey improved on his last start in Baltimore that resulted in nine earned runs over five innings. Lackey allowed five hits and two runs with five strikeouts. Eric Stults gave up two runs and four hits for San Diego. Stults has allowed three or fewer earned runs in nine of his last 10 starts. TRAINERS ROOM Padres: 1B Yonder Alonso was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained forearm, retroactive to Wednesday. San Diego recalled INF Jace Peterson from Triple-A El Paso. Cardinals: Adam Wainwright had a familiar catcher for his bullpen session in Yadier Molina. On July 11, Molina had surgery to repair a torn ligament in his right thumb. Molina wore a brace on the thumb. He had yet to throw a ball or hold a bat without wearing the brace. ... Relief pitcher Jason Motte (strained lower back) is eligible to come off the disabled list Sunday, but he wont be ready. UP NEXT San Diego RHP Tyson Ross (11-10, 2.63 ERA) faces St. Louis RHP Lance Lynn (12-8, 2.97) in the second game of the four-game series Friday. STUMBLING ROOKIE Cardinals rookie Oscar Taveras was not in the lineup. Taveras went 2 for 20 on the recent six-game road trip, and his batting average dropped to .206. Robinson started in right. He made a running catch and used his bare hand to brace himself at the wall on a first-inning drive by Medica. Vita Vea Jersey . -- Kurt Buschs Sunday at Martinsville Speedway, in some ways, was like his career wrapped into one afternoon. Buccaneers Jerseys Outlet . With timely hitting and good pitching, the Marlins are one win away from sweeping the slumping Houston Astros. http://www.cheapbuccaneersjerseyschina.com/m-j-stewart-jersey/ . Now Arizonas new manager is hoping Yasmany Tomas can have the same effect on the Diamondbacks.IOWA CITY, Iowa -- Roy Devyn Marbles hot shooting at the start sparked his teammates. It even helped his defence. Marble scored 22 of his 26 points in the first half and No. 17 Iowa beat No. 10 Michigan 85-67 on Saturday. Marble even drew the defensive assignment on Nik Stauskas for much of the game, holding the Wolverines leading scorer to 10 points. Iowa coach Fran McCaffery called it his teams best performance of the season. "I just wanted to come out and be aggressive," Marble said. "I just told the guys come out here and play hard. If we win, we win, if we lose, we lose. But you wont be able to doubt our lack of toughness and our energy on both ends of the court." The Hawkeyes (18-6, 7-4 Big Ten) have beaten two AP Top 10 teams in the regular season for the first time since 1990-91. Iowa avoided a third straight loss at home and split the season series with Michigan. Caris LeVert scored 22 points for the Wolverines (17-6, 9-2), who have lost two of three after starting 8-0 in the Big Ten. Iowas Aaron White had 11 points and eight rebounds. Mike Gesell had 10 points and matched a career high with eight assists -- five on Marbles baskets. Marble was 6 of 9 from 3-point range in the first half -- more 3s than the Hawkeyes made as a team the last five games. Iowa, which ranks next to last in the Big Ten in 3-point field goals, finished 10 of 17 from behind the arc. "When Dev got hot, I was just finding him and finding my shooters," Gesell said. "Its really not that hard of a job when you have guys that can score like that." In the seasons first matchup of these teams, Stauskas tied a career high with 26 points. McCaffery said Iowa was locked into collectively stopping Stauskas, who was held to 3-of-6 shooting on Saturday. "They made a lot of adjustments," Stauskas said. "They did things on our ball screens and hhandoffs, which made things difficult. Womens Buccaneers Jerseys. They denied me the ball and when I did try to drive all their guys were in the gaps." The Hawkeyes led by as many as 16 points in the first half as Marble connected on three 3-pointers for Iowas first nine points. Later in the half, Marbles sharp crossover led to a quick layup. Marble knocked down another 3-pointer on the next possession, turning to salute the sellout crowd at Carver-Hawkeye Arena. Marble hit two more 3-pointers at the end of the half -- one just before the buzzer -- to give Iowa a 43-29 lead. Michigan never got closer in the second half. "Iowa punched us early today, and it was hard to respond," Michigan coach John Beilein said. "This is how they were playing early in the season no matter who they were playing." Marbles 22-point first half ended a stretch of bad starts for the Hawkeyes leading scorer. He scored five points or less in the first half in five of Iowas last six games, including two scoreless halves. Marble finished 8 of 17 from the field and made all four of his free throws. He moved into 10th place on Iowas all-time scoring list with 1,529 points. The Hawkeyes are 6-0 in games following a loss this season. Freshman Zak Irvin scored 19 points for Michigan, going 4 of 6 from 3-point range. The Wolverines, who fell a half-game behind Michigan State in the Big Ten standings, next play at Ohio State with home games against Wisconsin and Michigan State to follow. Iowa dominated in the post with 34 points in the paint and seven blocked shots. The Hawkeyes grabbed 38 rebounds to Michigans 29. "To beat Michigan, you have to play the kind of defence we played," McCaffery said. "They have so many different weapons so it was not only getting stops, it was getting stops and then running and getting offensive opportunities in transition." Wholesale Falcons Jerseys Wholesale Buccaneers Jerseys Wholesale Cardinals Jerseys Wholesale Bills Jerseys Wholesale Jets Jerseys Wholesale Panthers Jerseys Wholesale Ravens Jerseys Wholesale Texans Jerseys Wholesale Patriots Jerseys Wholesale Steelers Jerseys Wholesale Cowboys Jerseys Wholesale Packers Jerseys Wholesale Browns Jerseys Wholesale Chiefs Jerseys Wholesale Colts Jerseys Wholesale Rams Jerseys ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713
Evergreen

Destro.Palermo was keen to bounce back after its club record nine-match
He began the season 2-1 with a 3.33 GAA

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz