ModernMusic.de

SAN FRANCISCO -- With every pitch, Madison Bumgarner etched his place among the World Series greats. [url=http://www.authenticbi

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 01.06.2018 05:24

SAN FRANCISCO -- With every pitch, Madison Bumgarner etched his place among the World Series greats. Jordan Mills Jersey . The long, tall lefty kept slinging away and put the San Francisco Giants just one win from yet another championship, throwing a four-hitter to beat the Kansas City Royals 5-0 Sunday night for a 3-2 Series edge. Hardly menacing on the mound, Bumgarner was simply untouchable -- again. As MVP! MVP! chants broke out from each packed corner of AT&T Park, Bumgarner finished off the first World Series shutout in 11 years. You know what? For some reason, I keep getting really lucky this time of year, so Ill take it, Bumgarner said. It must be more than luck. Because by the time the 25-year-old from Hickory, North Carolina, outdid his own winning performance in Game 1, he had evoked memories of Bob Gibson, Sandy Koufax, Curt Schilling and the top October aces of all-time. Very humbling, Bumgarner said. He certainly joined those names, and maybe even exceeded them. Who else has gone 4-0 in four World Series starts with an 0.29 ERA? Throw in only 12 hits in 31 innings, along with 27 strikeouts, and that math makes him the very definition of Big Game Pitcher. Hes special, isnt he? manager Bruce Bochy said during a quiet moment in his office eating dinner. What a stud. Giants Hall of Fame pitcher Juan Marichal mingled in the clubhouse, too, waiting his turn to congratulate the guy with the curly, stringy hair. Hes so smooth. I say that hes cold-blooded. When hes on the mound, he dominates everybody. Everybody, Marichal said. On this evening, Bumgarner fanned eight without a walk and never was in trouble as he constantly changed speeds, with no runners reaching third base. There hadnt been a shutout in the Series since Josh Becketts clinching gem for the Florida Marlins in 2003 at Yankee Stadium. The Giants work isnt done. To add to the crowns Bumgarner helped them take in 2010 and 2012, theyll need to win in Kansas City. Were looking forward to getting back to our home crowd, where its going to be absolutely wild and crazy, Royals manager Ned Yost said. Jake Peavy gets the first chance to seal it for San Francisco when he starts Game 6 at Kauffman Stadium on Tuesday night against rookie Yordano Ventura. If the Giants dont win then, there is always this possibility: Bumgarner said hes ready to come out of the bullpen in Game 7. Hunter Pence once again was in the middle of things for Giants. He singled off James Shields in the second and scored on a groundout by Brandon Crawford, who had three RBIs. Later, the enigmatic Pence accidentally threw his bat past the mound while striking out, and appeared to apologize to Shields. Pence added another hit in a three-run eighth, making him 9 for 19 in the five games. Post-season star Pablo Sandoval also singled twice. Juan Perez broke it open with a two-run double off the top of the centre-field fence in the eighth against Wade Davis and scored on a single by Crawford. Since trailing 4-1 in Game 4, the Giants have responded with 15 straight runs. San Francisco won that game, putting aside concern that Bumgarner shouldve been moved up to pitch on short rest. Bumgarner won for the fourth time against one loss in this post-season, and this blanking bookended the four-hit shutout he threw at Pittsburgh in the NL wild-card game. Durable, hes thrown 47 2-3 innings this October, trailing just Schillings 48 1-3 in 2001 for the most in a single post-season, with a 1.13 ERA. As Bumgarner wrapped up the win, his name echoed around the ballpark. That was pretty cool, actually. It was really neat to hear, he said. Toward the late innings, it appeared that only a lightning strike could rescue the Royals, perhaps a home run out of nowhere. Not happening -- this was the third straight game without either team hitting a homer, the longest streak in the World Series since 1948 when the Boston Braves and Cleveland began with a three-game drought, STATS said. Exactly why the man nicknamed MadBum is so dominant isnt easily apparent. Royals cleanup hitter Eric Hosmer said before the game that Bumgarners cross-body delivery is tough to pick up. The 6-foot-5 Bumgarner definitely has an impressive whip, along with an imposing WHIP in the World Series. His walks-plus-hits ratio per inning is incredible. About the only thing Bumgarner didnt do well was get a hit. He takes pride in his plate prowess and launched four home runs this season, including two grand slams. Bumgarner went 0 for 4, leaving him hitless in 22 post-season at-bats. Yep, hes still got some work to do. UP NEXT Royals: Ventura will become the fourth rookie to start twice in a Series since 2000, joining John Lackey, Justin Verlander and Michael Wacha. Giants: Peavy started in the World Series last year for the champion Boston Red Sox. He took the loss last week in Game 2, and is 1-4 with a 7.05 ERA in eight career post-season starts. STATS Of the 41 previous instances the World Series was tied at 2 in the best-of-seven format, the Game 5 winner won the title 27 times. ... Bumgarners ERA is the lowest in World Series history for pitchers with at least 25 innings. Jack Billingham is next at 0.36. Among the leaders are Babe Ruth (0.87) and Mariano Rivera (0.99). ... Since 1982, teams down 3-2 going home for Games 6 and 7 have won eight of 10 World Series -- including the Royals in 1985. Shaq Lawson Jersey . They have homered once every 27.3 at bats, which just happens to be the third best mark in the American League, albeit just 10 games into the season. Jordan Poyer Jersey . When the next inning rolled around Wednesday, though, Nationals manager Matt Williams sent Strasburg to the mound to face the top of the Dodgers order in what would become a 3-2 victory for Washington, the first time this season the No. http://www.authenticbillsfanatic.com/c-6-bills-bruce-smith-jersey.aspx . The Toronto Argonauts (11-7) look for an opportunity to repeat as CFL champions when they host the surging Hamilton Tiger-Cats (10-8) on Sunday.TORONTO -- Brian Burke is not concerned about bullying in the Calgary Flames dressing room. The teams president of hockey operations has a no-hazing policy -- and always has. The issue of bullying in pro sports locker-rooms has taken centre stage recently after Miami Dolphins offensive linemen Jonathan Martin left the team amid accusations he had been harassed by teammate Richie Incognito. During a keynote address at the PrimeTime Sports Management Conference on Tuesday, Burke was asked whether his team has had to implement any changes as a result of the Dolphins case. "We already have a no-hazing policy," said Burke, who was hired by the Flames in September. "I mean when I was a rookie in the American (Hockey) League, I got shaved, I got initiated and all that stuff. Ive seen that happen to a lot of guys and I thought it was really stupid at the time. So weve never allowed hazing on any of my teams, even when I was an assistant GM back in 87 with Pat Quinn (in Vancouver). "No rookie initiations, no shaving, no physical abuse whatsoever. One of the forms of abuse (elsewhere) is to make the rookies (pay) a huge tab for a rookie dinner, where it costs them 15 to 20 grand. We have a cap of $5,000 on the rookie dinner. No rookie can pay more than $5,000. Theres no physical abuse, no racial abuse, no homophobic abuse. So Im not worried about having that situation on our team." Burke had a brief pro career as a player in the American Hockey League before going to law school. He won a Calder Cup with the Maine Mariners in 1978. "Now I know as a player, if I felt I was getting bullied, I know what Id do -- Id end it right there in the dressing room," Burke said. "Whether I wanted to fight or not, Id fight the guy. Im amazed that this has gotten to where it is without the players dealing with this." Martin, a second-year pro, leftt the Dolphins two weeks ago. Eric Wood Jersey. . His lawyer has alleged Martin was harassed daily by teammates, including Incognito, who has been suspended. Incognito is white and Martin is biracial. Teammates both black and white have said Incognito is not a racist, and theyve been more supportive of the veteran guard than they have of Martin. Burke said on occasion he would confront teammates if he thought they were being timid during a game. "I have gotten right in their face and cursed at them and said, You better stop worrying about what this (opponent) is going to do to you and you better start worrying about what I might do to you if you dont get going here," he said. "Now is that bullying in the middle of the game when you think a guy is losing courage and youre trying to buck him up? Is that bullying? To me its not." Burke added that players often work things out on their own. "In our (game), Ive had coaches grab me, Ive had teammates grab me and Ive grabbed teammates during games and during practice," he said. "Ive fought teammates in practice that I thought were disrespectful to the coach, I fought them in practice. "I wont apologize for that. Thats not bullying, thats a team sorting things out." Burke, a former player agent, has had a long career as a hockey executive. The 58-year-old native of Providence, R.I., joined the Canucks as director of hockey operations in 1987 and later served as general manager of the team. He also worked as a GM in Toronto, Hartford and Anaheim. Burke has also worked at the NHLs head office and in an executive capacity for USA Hockey. He was GM of the American mens team that won silver at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver. Burke is director of player personnel for the squad that will play at the 2014 Games in Sochi, Russia. -- With files from The Associated Press Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Authentic Jerseys Stitched NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Hoodies Cheap Jerseys Throwback Wholesale Jerseys 2018 ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

Michael van Gerwen has taken a swipe at Phil Taylor by suggesting The Power has become obsessed with their rivalry. [url=http://
BARCELONA, Spain - Luis Suarez says Barcelonas fans neednt worry-- he wont bite again. [url=http://www.ravensjerseyscheapauthent

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz