ModernMusic.de

ason’s NFC championship gam

#1 von panxing18 , 30.08.2018 11:16

WASHINGTON — The streaking Washington Capitals go for their sixth straight victory when they host the Carolina Hurricanes on Friday night at Capital One Arena.

The Capitals (46-24-7) hold a five-point lead over the Pittsburgh Penguins Cedric Ogbuehi Jersey , who they visit Sunday.

Washington extended its streak in style Wednesday night with 3-2 overtime win against the visiting New York Rangers. Lars Eller tied the game with 1:05 remaining and Evgeny Kuznetsov beat Henrik Lundqvist 38 seconds into overtime as Washington won for the ninth time in 10 games.

It marked the third time this season the Capitals tied a game with less than two minutes remaining in regulation.

“We’re confident in any situation of a game,” goaltender Braden Holtby told NHL.com. “We play better when it’s close; one goal either way or whatever. I think with our skill, it forces us to turn things on late in the game and guys take that as a challenge.”

Kuznetsov, who assisted on Eller’s goal, notched his sixth straight game with two or more points (five goals, 13 assists). His 25th goal increased his season high, and his 77th point tied his single-season best set in the 2015-16 season.

Holtby, making only his third start in the past 11 games, was solid, stopping 35 shots to gain his third straight win.

“I felt comfortable,” he told the team’s website. “Obviously it’s something I’m not used to, not playing much. Stamina and such was a little different than I’m used to Taco Charlton Jersey , but it felt good to go out there and just get to work, and to play in a high intensity game.”

Philipp Grubauer, who started four of the past five games, was scratched because of a lower-body injury, but returned to practice Thursday.

“I have two goalies,” Capitals coach Barry Trotz said told NHL.com. “If that’s an indication of where (Holtby’s) game is going, I know where Grubauer’s is at, then we’re in good shape with two goaltenders that have played valuable minutes for us. … We’ve still got some games left and we’ll see where we are.”

The Hurricanes (34-32-11) saw their three-game winning streak end Tuesday night in a 4-3 loss at New Jersey. Stefan Noesen scored with 1:33 left in the third period to give the Devils the victory.

Noah Hanifin, Phillip Di Giuseppe and Warren Foegele scored for the Hurricanes, and Scott Darling made 41 saves.

Carolina went 0-for-3 on the power play while New Jersey was 2-for-4.

“It’s tough when you play games that are fast, that hard fought, and it comes down to just a few plays Giovani Bernard Jersey ,” Hanifin told NHL.com. “Unfortunately, our power-play time was not good enough. We had a few chances and we didn’t do anything with them. We gave up power-play goals and they beat us in that department. We have to be better.”

The Hurricanes, still alive despite being 10 points behind New Jersey for the second Eastern Conference wild card spot with five games remaining, lost leads of 2-1 and 3-2.

“I thought it was back and forth all night,” Di Giuseppe told NHL.com. “No matter what, you want to win. We’re just trying to win for each other and obviously it was disappointing tonight, but there are a few more games.”

Foegele, 21, who scored goals in his first two NHL games this week, was reassigned to the Charlotte Checkers of the AHL on Wednesday.

Hurricanes defenseman Justin Falk missed the last three games with an upper-body injury.
鈥?Two people familiar with the contract say Drew Brees has agreed to a two-year, $50 million extension with the New Orleans Saints.The people spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity on Tuesday because the agreement has not been announced. The people say $27 million is guaranteed in the first year.Brees, who turned 39 in January DaeSean Hamilton Jersey , was due to become a free agent on Wednesday. But he has said he wanted to finish his career in New Orleans, where he has played since 2006, won a Super Bowl and led what has been one of the most productive offenses in the NFL since he and coach Sean Payton arrived.“I’ll be here as long as they’ll have me,” Brees said after last season ended in January.Now his a return is assured to a team that came within one play of advancing to last season’s NFC championship game, falling at Minnesota when the Vikings scored an unlikely, 61-yard touchdown on the final play of the game.Last season, Brees completed an NFL-record 72 percent of his passes for 4,334 yards and 23 touchdowns against eight interceptions. He ranked fourth in the NFL in yards passing and the Saints ranked second in the NFL in total offense.Brees has passed for 70, 445 yards and 488 touchdowns in 17 seasons 鈥?58,097 yards and 408 touchdowns in 12 seasons with New Orleans.He has passed for more than 5,000 yards in a season five times, most recently in 2016.By the time Brees new contract expires Josh Ferguson Jersey , he could very well be the NFL’s all-time leader in yards and touchdowns passing. Currently, Peyton Manning holds those marks with 71,940 yards and 539 touchdowns. Brett Favre also is ahead of Brees 鈥?for now 鈥?with 71, 838 yards and 508 TDs passing.Brees has been New Orleans’ franchise player during the franchise’s greatest era, which has been highlighted by a Super Bowl championship in the 2009 season and five other playoff seasons.He arrived when his NFL future was uncertain, as was the future of Hurricane Katrina-ravaged New Orleans. Coming off throwing-shoulder surgery, Brees led the Saints 鈥?who had gone 3-13 the year before he arrived 鈥?to its first NFC title game.In the process, Brees and the Saints became a symbol of New Orleans’ resurgence after the storm that flooded 80 percent of the city, flourishing together during the past decade-plus of recovery.“Certainly, the relationship with this city will always play a strong role in me wanting to be here and … wanting to finish my career here,” Brees said..

panxing18  
panxing18

before Jones bought the Co
we have good competition

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz