ModernMusic.de

Jake Guentzel scored four straight goals to help send the two-time defending Stanley Cup champion Pittsburgh Penguins into the s

#1 von chenyan94 , 30.08.2018 09:28

Jake Guentzel scored four straight goals to help send the two-time defending Stanley Cup champion Pittsburgh Penguins into the second round with an 8-5 victory over the Philadelphia Flyers in Game 6 on Sunday.

The Penguins will play the winner of the Washington-Columbus series in the Eastern Conference playoffs. Washington leads that series 3-2.

Sean Couturier also had a hat trick for the Flyers Kavon Frazier Jersey , who haven’t won a Stanley Cup since 1975.

Guentzel, not Sidney Crosby, Phil Kessel or the injured Evgeni Malkin, won the game for the Penguins with goals off costly Flyers turnovers, leading them to their ninth straight playoff series win.

He tied it at 4 with 54 seconds left in the second period off a Flyers turnover. He scored 30 seconds into the third for the lead off another giveaway, and sealed one more lopsided win over the Flyers with two goals 10 seconds apart late in the period.

It was 2-2 after one period, 4-4 after two, and nothing was decided in the fiercest game of the series between the longstanding rivals until Guentzel took control.

Crosby Kendall Lamm Jersey , Carl Hagelin, Patric Hornqvist and Bryan Rust also scored for the Penguins.

Scott Laughton and Andrew MacDonald scored for Philadelphia. The Flyers lost all three games at home and not even a solid start could help them get out of the first round for the first time since 2012.

PREDATORS 5, AVALANCHE 0

DENVER (AP) – Mattias Ekhom ignited the offense early with the first goal by a Nashville defenseman in the series, Pekka Rinne stopped 22 shots and the top-seeded Predators advanced to the second round.

Austin Watson, Filip Forsberg, Nick Bonino and Viktor Arvidsson also scored to help the Predators move on to face Winnipeg. They were 3-1-1 against the Jets in the regular season.

Nashville removed any sort of drama with two goals in the opening period and two more in the second to hush the capacity crowd. Rinne was on his game in notching his fourth career postseason shutout.

Andrew Hammond ran out of magic in net, allowing five goals. The third-string goaltender nicknamed ”Hamburglar” had 44 saves during a Game 5 win in Nashville to extend the series. But he couldn’t turn back a formidable Nashville offense that won a second straight playoff contest in Denver.

Jeurys Familia had a difficult time leaving New York, having spent his entire major league career with the Mets.

A win in his Oakland debut made the transition a little easier.

Familia pitched two scoreless innings Cam Newton Jersey , Marcus Semien scored from second base on Matt Chapman’s infield chopper in the 10th, and the Athletics beat the San Francisco Giants 6-5 on Sunday.

”I felt good,” Familia said through a translator. ”I obviously wasn’t used the last couple days but I felt really comfortable about coming in and doing the job today.”

Familia was acquired Saturday in a trade for two minor leaguers and $1 million in international signing bonus pool allotment. The reliever arrived in Oakland about an hour before the game after catching a 7 a.m. flight.

Familia (5-4) allowed a leadoff single to Austin Slater in the ninth, and then retired his next five batters. Alen Hanson bounced into an inning-ending double play in the ninth.

”Unbelievable,” A’s starter Sean Manaea said. ”I remember watching him in the World Series a couple years ago and then watching him on TV today, his stuff’s nasty. I’m super excited to have him.”

An All-Star in 2016, Familia was 4-4 with a 2.88 ERA and 17 saves in 21 chances with the Mets. The 28-year-old right-hander has struck out 44 and walked 14 in 41 appearances covering 42 2/3 innings with New York and Oakland this season.

Leaving the Mets was hard for Familia, but not unexpected.

”I spent 11 years there Colton Schmidt Jersey , six years in the big leagues,” Familia said. ”It was really tough to say goodbye to some of those guys. I was prepared mentally. It was tough but I also knew that it was coming.”

Familia had 123 saves with the Mets. In Oakland, he will split closing duties with All-Star Blake Treinen. Treinen was unavailable Sunday after throwing 40 pitches on Saturday.

”What a great first look,” A’s manager Bob Melvin said. ”When you come to a new team first impressions are important and when you pitch the way he did, it makes you feel like part of the team very quickly.”

Khris Davis and Matt Olson each homered twice to help the A’s win the inaugural Bay Bridge series trophy before a third consecutive sellout crowd at the Coliseum.

Semien drew a leadoff walk against Ty Blach (6-6) in the 10th and advanced to second on Stephen Piscotty’s deep flyout to center. After Davis was walked intentionally and Olson flew out, Chapman drove in Semien with an infield single that bounced just past All-Star shortstop Brandon Crawford into left field.

”It was a high enough hop that I thought I could get on the first big hop,” Crawford said. ”But it came down a lot steeper than I thought it was going to. That’s what caused me to miss it. I think it did end up hitting my foot.”

Andrew McCutchen homered for San Francisco. Austin Slater collected three hits, Pablo Sandoval had a pinch-hit David Njoku Jersey , two-run single and Nick Hundley added two hits and scored twice.

San Francisco didn’t have a baserunner until c and trailed 4-1 before scoring three in the seventh and one in the eighth.

McCutchen homered on a 3-2 pitch from former San Francisco reliever Yusmeiro Petit in the eighth.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Giants: 2B Joe Panik (groin) ran before the game.

Athletics: All-Star 2B Jed Lowrie was given the day off after getting hit by a pitch and fouling a ball off his body near the same area Saturday. … OF Chad Pinder is nursing a sore wrist and thumb after stumbling over the leg of Giants infielder Hanson and falling hard to the turf a day earlier. Mark Canha (hamstring) was also rested.

UP NEXT

Giants: Head to Seattle for a two-game series beginning Tuesday. LHP Andrew Suarez (3-6, 3.94 ERA) starts for San Francisco and is winless since June 29.

Athletics: LHP Brett Anderson (1-2, 6.08 ERA) pitches in Texas on Monday in his first start against the Rangers since 2015.

chenyan94  
chenyan94

you're in a situation
games I've missed

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz