ModernMusic.de

the right guys behind me

#1 von chenyan94 , 22.08.2018 08:10

Tyler Saladino was activated from the disabled list and in the Milwaukee Brewers‘ starting lineup Thursday as they prepared to open a four-game series against the Atlanta Braves.

Saladino was acquired from the Chicago White Sox in late April and recalled from Triple-A Colorado Springs on May 9. He appeared in 16 games for the Brewers and was batting .326 in 16 games when he went down with a sprained ankle and landed on the DL on May 30.

His performance allowed the Brewers to send Orlando Arcia to Triple A to work out of an offensive funk. Arcia was brought back up when Saladino was hurt and has since been sent back to Colorado Springs while Brad Miller and Nate Orf shared time at shortstop.

Those two will remain in the mix at short Authentic Barkevious Mingo Jersey , along with Saladino.

”Tyler had played so well, we were starting to give him regular `reps’ at shortstop before the injury,” Milwaukee manager Craig Counsell said. ”What we were most impressed by is the way he played defense. He played shortstop at a really high level and was making very difficult plays look easy.”

To clear space for Saladino on the active roster, Milwaukee designated infielder Eric Sogard for assignment.

Sogard, 32, signed a one-year, $2.4 million deal with the team over the winter after batting .273 with a .393 OBP in 94 games for Milwaukee last season. He was never able to get on track in 2018 and was batting just .134 (13-for-97) with a .241 OBP and .165 slugging percentage in 55 games.

”He had some bad luck early in the season and he could never get out of it,” Counsell said. ”As we got healthier Eagles Game Jerseys , we ran out of (roster) space. Eric made a huge contribution to us last year. And really, throughout all of this, he was a real pro in how he prepared and provided us with value.”

Sogard accepted an option to Colorado Springs earlier in the season, but by designating him for assignment he’s been removed from the 40-man roster. The Brewers have 10 days to trade him, release him or outright him to the minors.

To say Kole Calhoun was struggling would be an understatement.

When the Los Angeles Angels‘ right fielder was placed on the disabled list June 2 with a strained right oblique, he was in a 12-for-122 slump (.098), dropping his season average to .145.

“Every day is a new day,” Calhoun told the Orange County Register last week. “You’ve still got to go out and perform. I’m not thinking about it much honestly. I just want to go out and have a good game. Just going out and trying to help the team win.”

He did that Wednesday Cheap Nick Nelson Jersey , going 3 for 5 with a home run and three RBIs as the Angels snapped the host Seattle Mariners‘ eight-game winning streak with a 7-4 victory. The teams wrap up their three-game series Thursday night at Safeco Field.

Calhoun has hit two home runs in his past three games after hitting just three in his previous 62. Since returning from the DL on June 18, he’s batting .306 (15-for-49) with three doubles, four home runs, seven RBIs and 10 runs scored.

That’s helped Calhoun raise his batting average to .180.

He even returned to the leadoff spot in the batting order last week in Baltimore, a spot he held in previous seasons.

“Kole has made some adjustments and hopefully it will pay off,” Angels manager Mike Scioscia told The Register.

Scioscia said one key for Calhoun is he’s been more selective at the plate as of late.

“He’s had a good eye in previous years,” Scioscia said. “It’s been a part of his game, but it’s been elusive this year.”

The Angels will send rookie right-hander Jaime Barria (5-4 Youth P.J. Hall Jersey , 3.40 ERA) to the mound Thursday in place of left-hander Tyler Skaggs, who was placed on the disabled list Wednesday with a right adductor strain. Barria suffered a 6-3 loss on June 12 at Seattle, allowing three runs (two earned) on eight hits in five innings.

The Mariners are scheduled to start left-hander Marco Gonzales (8-5, 3.77 ERA). Gonzales is 0-0 with a 4.66 ERA in four career starts against the Angels, including two earlier this season.

Gonzales is coming off his first career complete game in a 4-1 victory against Kansas City. Gonzales lost the shutout bid on Mike Moustakas’ two-strike, two-out single in the ninth inning.

“It’s a culmination of a lot of hard work this year and having the right guys behind me,” Gonzales said after his last start. “Those guys played incredible defense behind me and when your team gives you a lead in the first half of the game, you inch closer to eyeing the end. From the first inning I just had the mentality that this is my game and I’m going to go as deep as I can.”

Gonzales has been a big part of Seattle’s success this season after earning the No. 5 spot in the rotation this spring.

“He’s matured Billy Price Bengals Jersey , there’s no question,” Mariners manager Scott Servais said of Gonzales. “It always works better when guys earn it. He has a lot of confidence right now because everything that’s happened this year, he’s earned. From coming into spring training, winning a spot in our rotation, he continues to build throughout the season.”

chenyan94  
chenyan94

Thursday at Dodger Stadium.
he hopes his release

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz