ModernMusic.de

The Atlanta Braves used a two-run

#1 von jinshuiqian0713 , 20.08.2018 02:49

ST. Sean Davis Steelers Jersey . LOUIS -- The Atlanta Braves used a two-run rally in the ninth to end their road trip with a win. Ryan Doumit scored on a wild pitch and the Braves got two runs in the ninth inning to rally past the St. Louis Cardinals for a 6-5 win. The Braves have been held to two runs or fewer 19 times, but they managed to score twice off St. Louis closer Trevor Rosenthal (0-2) to take the game Sunday. "We got a happy flight," said Atlanta first baseman Freddie Freeman, who reached base four times. "We grinded all day and so did the offensive hitters. We never caved today and we gut one out in the ninth." Freeman started a ninth-inning rally with a leadoff single off St. Louis closer Trevor Rosenthal (0-2). With two outs, Freeman went to third on pinch hitter Ryan Doumits double to right. Rosenthal intentionally walked pinch hitter Evan Gattis to load the bases and then walked Jordan Schafer to force in the tying run. Carlos Martinez relieved Rosenthal and had a wild pitch while facing Ramiro Pena that scored Doumit to make it 6-5. "A battle royal there at the end," Atlanta manager Fredi Gonzalez said. "We just kept getting good at-bats and its nice to win this one. Maybe it will get us going in the right direction." St. Louis dropped a game it was close to winning. "It would have been a big win, no question," St. Louis manager Mike Matheny said. "Theyre all tough, but to have a lead in the ninth, even a slim one, that a tough one to lose." Dan Carpenter (3-0) pitched 1 1-3 innings of scoreless relief for the win. Craig Kimbrel pitched a scoreless bottom of the ninth for his 11th save in 13 chances. The save was the 150th of Kimbrels career. Cardinals starter Jaime Garcia pitched seven innings in his first outing in more than a year. Garcia, who underwent surgery in May 2013 to repair a torn labrum and rotator cuff in his pitching shoulder, allowed four runs and five hits with five strikeouts. The outing was Garcias 100th appearance in the major leagues, but first since May 17, 2013. "I made some good pitches, I made some mistakes," Garcia said. "I had some butterflies going on in the first inning, but nothing different." Kolten Wong drove in three runs with a bases-loaded double in the second inning. Freeman went 3 for 3, including a solo home run in the first and a two-run single in the sixth. Justin Upton homered leading off the fourth for the Braves. The homer was the 10th for Upton, who also doubled and scored two runs. "Its big," Freeman said. "I dont know if you can say a must win, but its definitely nice to get one." The Braves failed twice to close out innings due to defensive miscues with two outs. That allowed the Cardinals to score four runs. With two outs in the seventh and Yadier Molina on first, Jhonny Peralta hit a high fly ball to centre field. Schaefer lost the ball in the sun and it fell just to his right side. Peralta was credited with a double and Molina scored to give the Cardinals a 5-4 lead. In the second inning, Braves starter Gavin Floyd appeared headed for an easy second inning when he struck out Peter Bourjos for what would have been the third out. But the ball got away from catcher Gerald Laird for a passed ball, allowing Bourjos to reach first. A hit by Garcia and a walk to Matt Carpenter loaded the bases and Wong cleared them with a double down the line in left to make it 3-1. Atlanta rallied to tie the game 4-4 on Freemans two-run single with one out in the sixth. NOTES: Molina extended his hitting streak to seven games with a fifth-inning single. ... Atlantas Dan Uggla went 0 for 3, dropping his average to .178. Uggla has just two hits in his past 29 at-bats. ... Pat Neshek got one out in the eighth inning to extend his scoreless streak to 13 2-3 innings. Custom Steelers Jerseys . - Free agent defensive end Will Smith has signed with the New England Patriots. Joe Haden Jersey .Y. - Brooklyn Nets centre Brook Lopez has a strained lower back and will miss at least a week. http://www.steelerspronfl.com/Youth-Jon-Bostic-Elite-Jersey/ . No surprise there. Kershaw, who also earned the title after throwing his first career no-hitter in June, had a 1.ENGLEWOOD, Colo. - Peyton Manning is over his illness but not his injury.Denvers quarterback was limited Thursday when the Broncos reconvened for their first practice since their win at San Diego on Sunday. Manning fought through the flu in that game and strained his right thigh late in the first half.Manning participated in the walkthrough but retreated to the Broncos facility after the team stretch while backup Brock Osweiler took over the offence.He didnt appear in any discomfort afterward, saying, I feel OK, and, when asked if hell be ready to play Monday night, added, I certainly hope so.Save for the season he missed following spinal fusion surgery, Manning has never missed a start in his 17-year NFL career.He was clearly feeling better Thursday. He had his coloring back in his face and even jokingly referenced Bill Belichick three times when he answered reporters questions with a Were on to Cincinnati mantra.Thats something the Patriots coach did five times a day after their 41-14 drubbing at Kansas City on Sept. 29. New England turned around and walloped the Bengals 43-17 the following week, the start of a stretch of 10 wins in 11 games.The Broncos (11-3) will try to secure a first-round bye in the playoffs and keep the heat on the Patriots for the AFCs top seed when they play the Bengals (9-4-1) in Cincinnati on Monday night.Coach John Fox gave the players Tuesday and Wednesday off.I think its good for everybody this time of year, Manning said. Everybody — not just me — is dealing with different things physically. So, you get a little extra time to take care of your body, treatment or whatnot. I think guys took advantage of that and hopefully thatll pay off for us.With Manning on the mend, what about Denvers ailing offence?The Broncos have been wildly inconsistent in the red zone over the last month, in large part because tight end Julius Thomas (ankle) was out. Before he got hurt, their red zone efficiency was 77 per cent with 24 TDs in 31 trips inside the opponents 20-yard line. Since then, that figure is just 42 per cent (9 of 21).Three weekks ago, the Broncos stalled at the Chiefs 4, 6, 11, 15 and 19. Terrell Edmunds Steelers Jersey. And against San Diego, Connor Barth was called upon for three more chip-shot field goals after drives twice stalled at the Chargers 1 and again at the 8.In between, they reached the red zone three times against Buffalo and C.J. Anderson rushed for TDs of 6, 1 and 3 yards. Mannings last red zone touchdown toss came Nov. 30 against Kansas City when Anderson took a short pass and scored from 15 yards out.I think its just our execution ... hasnt been as good as we needed it to be, Manning said. That is something we can improve on I think and certainly its something we can fix.After another question about getting rest this time of year, Manning finished his reply with a smirk, saying, Were on to Cincinnati.He was asked about Terrance Knightons Super Bowl guarantee that the Broncos nose tackle issued after Denver won its fourth straight AFC West title last weekend: I think Terrance has a lot of confidence. I think its a good quality about him, Manning said. As far as me though, Im on to Cincinnati.And told that Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib, who was named AFC defensive player of the week, revealed he, too, was sick last Sunday, Manning was asked about how difficult it is playing while under the weather and if he could lob some blame at Talib for getting him sick.No, I couldnt do that, Manning replied. I think Im past talking about it. So, were on to Cincinnati.Notes: LB Brandon Marshall is no longer wearing a protective boot on his sprained right foot and said his sprain wasnt as bad as the teams medical staff originally feared. ... Knighton said Fox admonished him to be careful what he says in light of his Super Bowl guarantee. I feel like our defence right now is playing the best of any defence in the NFL, and we want to carry this team to a Super Bowl victory, Knighton explained. I stand by what I said — I dont care who we play, where we play. Put the ball down and were going to come out with a victory.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Cheap Heat Jerseys Cheap Bucks Jerseys Cheap Timberwolves Jerseys Cheap Pelicans Jerseys Cheap Knicks Jerseys Cheap Thunder Jerseys Cheap Magic Jerseys Cheap 76ers Jerseys Cheap Suns Jerseys Cheap Blazers Jerseys Cheap Sacramento Kings Jerseys Cheap Spurs Jerseys Cheap Raptors Jerseys Cheap Jazz Jerseys Cheap Wizards Jerseys ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713
Evergreen

- A person with direct knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Atlanta Braves have reached an agreement on a one-ye
Goaltender Devon Wills has become the first woman to be selected by a Major League Lacrosse team.

Erdbebenkatastrophe Haiti
Das neue Forum zum Thema modene Musik - Herzlich Willkommen
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz